Who is your Role Model??

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Who is your Role Model??

Post by swetha » Thu May 11, 2006 6:50 am

I just came across some article, in which they were talking about role model??? So who is you role model?? why do u look up to him or her?? what are the qualities u like and dislike about that person?
what if u dont believe in role models??
what do u feel about it??

doriangrey

Post by doriangrey » Thu May 11, 2006 9:18 pm

hmm. it's so hard to say. I think I have a role model from every domain. let's just say I admire people who have a great sense of creativity, wisdom and imagination.

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:17 am

role model in my life are two people.
1.my mom
whatever i am today is becoz of my mom.i always wanted to b a good wife and also a good daughter-in-law.i have seen my mother very devoted and perfect in her household work.i want to b exactly like her in my own home.i think she is very perfect and no one can b like her.i hope god will b beside me to make me just like my mom.
2.shah rukh khan.
i only learn from him is to love and respect all human beings irrespective of their caste.to b very humble when u r rising upstairs.no proud feeling.very down to earth.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:35 am

the very idea of a role model seems foolish to me. people do things in their own ways. you can appreciate them, learn things from their conducts and be inspired. but, you can never have one person as your role model, no matter if he/she is the best. you are a human being, with the potential that any other human being has. you do not need a role model. and having a single role model is negative in effect. your vision is narrowed. you have got a single life. why wasting it by following/copying someone?

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 am

my role model is 1. my husband - i look up to him because he is a wonderful human being, a person with a great heart and a true, chivalrous man in this society. he cares for everyone. he detests the very idea of hurting someone. he is responsible, courageous, mature, and of course, loving. he is my hero. i respect him a lot for the man he is.

2. my best friend. she has always been the person i'd look up to whenever i have to say 'no' to someone. trust me, saying 'no' takes a lot of courage. she taught me about style, she taught me to be confident abt myself, she is the one who has always been by my side and motivated me whenever i'm in trouble. she is a smart, brave and yet poised girl who has all the qualities to represent the ideal 21st century woman. and when i say it, i mean it.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 am

But if you see some negative traits in your role model... how do you ignore that?

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:11 am

the things you donot like in your role model just try avoid those things.and try to not to do those things.and you could hardly see negative traits in your role model.

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:36 pm

I agree with ConfusedMind. I think it's foolish to follow a role model. I try to improve myself as person. It would be a waste of time idolizing someone else's life, which is just as imperfect as mine.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

find any human being. you will find something in him/her to admire, and something to hate. if the person has negative traits, how come he/she is a role model?

true that there is nothing to learn from the negative traits. but, you can always learn how the person manages his/her negative traits. managing negativity is also a quality.

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 pm

ConfusedMind wrote:
true that there is nothing to learn from the negative traits. but, you can always learn how the person manages his/her negative traits. managing negativity is also a quality.
You make a very good point!

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:52 am

i too appreciate about confusedmind's opinion.what you said is a lesson to learn.i have never thought of this.thanks confusedmind for such a meaningful opinion.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:06 am

thanks. it feels good to find an opinion being accepted.

Return to “General Discussion”