Successful Marriage

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

govardhanvt

Successful Marriage

Post by govardhanvt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:20 pm

For a  comfortable and happy married life, is it necessary for a girl to get married to a successful Man?

recycled

Post by recycled » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:32 am

Well,  I've seen a few marriages based on one's success as total misery and anger.  It is not a good idea for success to be the number 1 factor to base a marriage on IMHO.  There are so many other things that need to be looked at besides how much money one makes.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:19 am

how would you define success? and if the man needs to be successful doesnt the girl need to be successful too???

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Lovely question by U Swetha. Yes , How one can say or measure ,  a man is  a successful man?  By his earning capacity alone?

recycled

Post by recycled » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:24 am

I this country's society I would say yes.  By the man's earning capacity would also be a means of support in a money oriented society which would mean that he is successful therefor happiness can be found.   To be successful could be meant for other things I guess.  What do you mean "successful" ?  Success in cattle or knowledge or land or women ?  I figured it was a trick question and I took the hook.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 am

prasanna wrote:Lovely question by U Swetha. Yes , How one can say or measure ,  a man is  a successful man?  By his earning capacity alone?
Success means
. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted: attributed their success in business to hard work.
a. The gaining of fame or prosperity: an artist spoiled by success.
b. The extent of such gain.
3. One that is successful: The plan was a success.
4. Obsolete A result or an outcome.

It is a relative term and depends on perception of each person.

A person who wishes to become a Hero in film industry , if he achieves it is deemed to be success for him. A women who wishes to marry that person, because of his achievement , it is deemed to be he is successful man for that woman while for a woman who hates cine artist, his achievement will not be considered to be successful

A person may not wish to be a  doctor and wanted to be engineer, but still he gets through the Medical exam by his hard work. For that person, achieving a doctor degree may not be a success , but for the outside world he may appear to be a success.

Success is all an illusion

Return to “General Discussion”