Death ---- What's so good about it?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Rishi, I wasn't talking about what you believe but this was part of something I was asking Spiritalk and I was merely pointing out this is not what she believes.
Next point, what is a scientific way - no such thing exists. It's either hard, provable science or it's not and these are in no way science, scientific or moderated in any way. No-one has ever completed a proper scientific experiment with positive results that fulfil the one basic criteria that the experiment is repeatable and gives the same result every time, not 90% 0r 99.99999% but 100%.
Read Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time or any of Carl Sagan's books.
Sagan summed up our world roughly like this:
Every atom that makes up our world has been created by going through other, older suns than ours. The truly astonishing and awe inspiring thought is that our world and everything in it is made of this star stuff - even us. This last sentence was one of those Zen moments for me. Just look around where ever you are right now and every single thing is made from atoms that have been in the heart of stars!
This idea (for me) is better than any concept of god.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Prof. Akers wrote: Every atom that makes up our world has been created by going through other, older suns than ours. The truly astonishing and awe inspiring thought is that our world and everything in it is made of this star stuff - even us. This last sentence was one of those Zen moments for me. Just look around where ever you are right now and every single thing is made from atoms that have been in the heart of stars!
Yea....and in a way this can also make the foundation for those who believe in after life...the energy is kept...and the atom can again use this energy to create something new....I have never said it need to be a human form....but since we don't know....we can never say 100% that it is not.

As for God as anything like bible God, then I think most of us here, see God more as the creation source (The starting Source) ... That is also why I always says...look at all living thing that has energy (atoms...which is everything..and you see a small part of God)

As for God and Devil, I only see the image of Good (deed) and Evil(deed)...so we can have it defined...As for Heaven and Hell....it is also created by humans....it is created in order to keep the flock at bay....so they can have something to "look forward too" when the hardship is at its worst,or be scared of if evil deeds is in their thoughts, but both Heaven and Hell is on earth, and  we live in them, in the way we make out  our lives.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 18, 2011 6:12 am

Rhutobello wrote:
Prof. Akers wrote: Every atom that makes up our world has been created by going through other, older suns than ours. The truly astonishing and awe inspiring thought is that our world and everything in it is made of this star stuff - even us. This last sentence was one of those Zen moments for me. Just look around where ever you are right now and every single thing is made from atoms that have been in the heart of stars!
RishiRahul=We are all made up of atoms. Every matter is made up of atoms...forming molecules....so on and so forth.
Not only in our world, but in the universe.

Yea....and in a way this can also make the foundation for those who believe in after life...the energy is kept...and the atom can again use this energy to create something new....I have never said it need to be a human form....but since we don't know....we can never say 100% that it is not.
RishiRahul=These atoms are turned to molecules, and different structures take place, forming fat, protein and carbohydrates, vitamins etc.
Strangely the matters formed remain affecting each other.... as moon influences tides and Sun also influences as known to us.
The influence happens through energy/magnetic attraction/influence.
Einstein, probably the greatest scientist in the world has proved (up till now not yet disproved) that energy/matter cannot be destroyed completely..... but changes its state to another form.
I hope you will understand what I meant.

As for God as anything like bible God, then I think most of us here, see God more as the creation source (The starting Source) ... That is also why I always says...look at all living thing that has energy (atoms...which is everything..and you see a small part of God)
RishiRahul=I would not like to go to the topic of God too much here.

As for God and Devil, I only see the image of Good (deed) and Evil(deed)...so we can have it defined...As for Heaven and Hell....it is also created by humans....it is created in order to keep the flock at bay....so they can have something to "look forward too" when the hardship is at its worst,or be scared of if evil deeds is in their thoughts, but both Heaven and Hell is on earth, and  we live in them, in the way we make out  our lives.
RishiRahul=It is the good and bad sides of living being; and the good and bad side of deeds.

Hi Rhuto,

If you read between the lines, I did not disagree with this, and this is very much a part of my belief system.

Please read above in between the lines.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 18, 2011 6:16 am

Prof. Akers wrote:Rishi, I wasn't talking about what you believe but this was part of something I was asking Spiritalk and I was merely pointing out this is not what she believes.
Next point, what is a scientific way - no such thing exists. It's either hard, provable science or it's not and these are in no way science, scientific or moderated in any way. No-one has ever completed a proper scientific experiment with positive results that fulfil the one basic criteria that the experiment is repeatable and gives the same result every time, not 90% 0r 99.99999% but 100%.
Every atom that makes up our world has been created by going through other, older suns than ours. The truly astonishing and awe inspiring thought is that our world and everything in it is made of this star stuff - even us. This last sentence was one of those Zen moments for me. Just look around where ever you are right now and every single thing is made from atoms that have been in the heart of stars!
H Prof,

If you read the post above this written to Rhuto... maybe you would understand what I meant by the 'scientific way' and the laws of nature. :)

Regards,

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 am

spiritalk wrote:As a medium who works in communication of the spirit, I can honestly say, those who prepare and know their continuity settle so much more rapidly than those with all the convoluted and misinformed ideas on death.  That is not to say we will ever have all the answers.  But a preparation of the soul is definitely a good start.

To prepare the soul, you would have to believe in the continuity of life.  We look at science and H2O can be water, ice, steam.  So also the 3 fold existence as a human being, ours being body, mind, spirit.

One of the worst things that can happen after death of the body is that you are ignored.  Believe it or not it is one of the most frustrating of experiences.  You speak and no one even acknowledges your remark.  Being ignored as an individual is extremely frustrating.  

So when the part of you that continues (be it water, ice, or stem) you might remember that you were intended to prepare yourself in the sense of acknowledging there is just more to life (and death) than we considered.

Hi spiritalk,

Yes, very rightly said that after death one may feel ignored, but also it the end of conscious memory of the present life.

But we must realize the presence of a higher purpose, which cease to exist in our body, but remains in our genes (our looks are transferred to our children's ...through our spouses and collective traits of ours and spouses parents etc)
Mostly/always/nearly always our children are also in possession of the collective traits.
We help to assist the children to grow up, guiding as per our brains (energy again, and also one body influencing the other).

So a bonding begins and we start caring and wishing well for our children (or passion if we do not have our own children).
This bonding keeps us in a state of Maya/develop Maya (emotional bondage, which is actually illusory, but important for this material world to bind).

This maya grows, sometimes being hurt etc (ups and downs)............... and then we are prepared to die..... our body and conscious memory goes...... some change of state occurs and probably our life energy is transformed into some other energy...... and e live through the presence of our genes...(our purpose after death in some way)..... Our children or passion continues to evolve through maya again.

I am in tune with your belief in some way.

RishiRahul

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed May 18, 2011 1:25 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
spiritalk wrote:As a medium who works in communication of the spirit, I can honestly say, those who prepare and know their continuity settle so much more rapidly than those with all the convoluted and misinformed ideas on death.  That is not to say we will ever have all the answers.  But a preparation of the soul is definitely a good start.

To prepare the soul, you would have to believe in the continuity of life.  We look at science and H2O can be water, ice, steam.  So also the 3 fold existence as a human being, ours being body, mind, spirit.

One of the worst things that can happen after death of the body is that you are ignored.  Believe it or not it is one of the most frustrating of experiences.  You speak and no one even acknowledges your remark.  Being ignored as an individual is extremely frustrating.  

So when the part of you that continues (be it water, ice, or stem) you might remember that you were intended to prepare yourself in the sense of acknowledging there is just more to life (and death) than we considered.

Hi spiritalk,

Yes, very rightly said that after death one may feel ignored, but also it the end of conscious memory of the present life.

But we must realize the presence of a higher purpose, which cease to exist in our body, but remains in our genes (our looks are transferred to our children's ...through our spouses and collective traits of ours and spouses parents etc)
Mostly/always/nearly always our children are also in possession of the collective traits.
We help to assist the children to grow up, guiding as per our brains (energy again, and also one body influencing the other).

So a bonding begins and we start caring and wishing well for our children (or passion if we do not have our own children).
This bonding keeps us in a state of Maya/develop Maya (emotional bondage, which is actually illusory, but important for this material world to bind).

This maya grows, sometimes being hurt etc (ups and downs)...............
and then we are prepared to die..... our body and conscious memory goes...... some change of state occurs and probably our life energy is transformed into some other energy...... and e live through the presence of our genes...(our purpose after death in some way)..... Our children or passion continues to evolve through maya again.

RishiRahul

I am surprised to find  my  Friend Rishi in  (general forum) discussing  this much  elaborate about death  WHICH IS unusual   and makes me understand he is  not only  a good Astrologer but also great thinker and philosopher too. I love to see  him more in General forums really .  The bold lettered quoted words of him  really inspired me a lot  . Thanks for  sharing  your views Rishi.

ThePilgrim

Post by ThePilgrim » Wed May 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Probably, it is more like a milestone - like the day of passing a school grade. You have finished a course, learnt required lessons, gathered corresponding scores (karma) and have moved on. Moved on to start a new journey, to take next lessons and go a step ahead in the evolution of your soul.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:22 pm

But if the soul is to grow it must retain the old lessons.  All growth and potential would be progressive.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Spiritalk,absolutely fascinating stuff, I'd love to ask some questions or make observations, just for a change I'm not poking fun or debunking I'm genuinely interested so please don't take offence.
Let's start with body,mind,spirit; are body and mind divisible?

J:  Lets just say that the aspects of making us a human being can be labeled (which is not always a good thing because it separates how we view their function) so body, mind and spirit can all be described in function and existence.

The body uses material energies - these are gross and are where we exist in the material/physical presence.  The earth functions with material energies.  (this could be where your sciences are examining)

By mind are you meaning that which defines one individual from another, as a aside if someone has had brain damage does this 'carry over'.

J:  The life that is lived learns its individual lessons.  The brain damage can have some restrictions in the material energies, but does not affect what the spirit learns, spirit energies being a finer vibration of our aspect as human beings.  No, brain damage is merely a material energy aberration.  The spirit has always been whole and well.

What happens happens to people who have genetic disabilities, ones who my daughter works with are 'people with learning difficulties' do they come back if so are altered, would Stephen Hawking still be unable to speak?

J:  I think you are speaking in terms of reincarnation?  That is not in my belief system as it may be in yours for ever so many reasons.  The above statement of carry over and many calling this karma from past mistakes just doesn't compute with me.  So perhaps the others answers were more to your liking.  All spirit is whole and well.  It is merely the body that can be less than perfect.

See these are just some of my problems, as the business of 'spirit' what is it?
When you switch the light off, the bulb has no memory of being a bulb, when you switch a person off how can something leave there is nothing to leave, it's totally beyond my comprehension.
J:  We are body, mind and spirit.  The spirit is a duplicate of the body learning and growing through the lessons of this lifetime.  The spirit could be considered the light within the whole aspect.  The light will accumulate through all the lessons and be what 'separates' from the body on the death of the individual - only the body can die - ashes to ashes.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:So does this mean that everything that has life energy is transformed into something else? Even supposing that there is 1 coherent force that is called life energy.
Everything functions within the material vibration with a level of energy.  Does all energy survive the death of its existence, like a light bulb, I would have to say no.  Does individualized human energy continue to exist, I would have to say yes.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:37 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Prof. Akers wrote:Spiritalk,absolutely fascinating stuff, I'd love to ask some questions or make observations, just for a change I'm not poking fun or debunking I'm genuinely interested so please don't take offence.
Let's start with body,mind,spirit; are body and mind divisible?
By mind are you meaning that which defines one individual from another, as a aside if someone has had brain damage does this 'carry over'.
What happens happens to people who have genetic disabilities, ones who my daughter works with are 'people with learning difficulties' do they come back if so are altered, would Stephen Hawking still be unable to speak?
See these are just some of my problems, as the business of 'spirit' what is it?
When you switch the light off, the bulb has no memory of being a bulb, when you switch a person off how can something leave there is nothing to leave, it's totally beyond my comprehension.
The memory or accumulation of our own personal experiences does not die.  It is what is the mark of our graduation from earth life for continuity into spirit life.  There will be ever so much more to learn before we give up the individual soul and return to source.  The earth life is a beginning, the spirit life its continuity, and the source of eventual resting place, only God supplies.

This life is the End of Memory. Memory is a major current, that enlivens our lives.. sometimes torturing... motivating.. frustrating....rejuvenating....etc etc.........giving highs and lows....> affecting the moods in more earthly terms.

Death is the end of memory of this life..... and the adjectives mentioned above due to the memory (at least the memory in conscious form)

RishiRahul

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Rishi, I wasn't talking about what you believe but this was part of something I was asking Spiritalk and I was merely pointing out this is not what she believes.

I guess it would burst your bubble just a little for me to say:  What a wonderful definition of God!

BTW I like what Candice Pert said about moving science from a mechanical explanation to more of a 'cosmic dance of energies' in studies of all things.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Hi spiritalk,

J:  Memory is the accumulated experience of a lifetime.  There is no such thing as losing our memory.  We record and store it for further growth and progress.

This maya grows, sometimes being hurt etc (ups and downs)............... and then we are prepared to die..... our body and conscious memory goes...... some change of state occurs and probably our life energy is transformed into some other energy...... and e live through the presence of our genes...(our purpose after death in some way)..... Our children or passion continues to evolve through maya again.

RishiRahul
J:  Without reincarnation we have the continuity of the soul/spirit.  This earth life and its lessons is merely a first step to continuity of this spirit and its growth will continue.  If this is so (which I have witnessed) then we must have a starting point for the spirit.  

The accumulation of its light upon the earth lessons is the starting point for the rest of eternity.  We find our way to our own level, like cream rising to the top of the milk (science) by a process of natural law.  

And from there we can continue to learn and grow.  As below, so above.  It is a natural state to want to grow and develop.  

We do not Change into something - we are something now - spirit - which has a continuity - it is all progressive.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Thank you Prof. Akers for opening up this discussion.  I realized I had not been in for a day and look what happens!  It must have been timely for discussion.  

I realize this is my belief system and I do come across strongly at times, but I hope I found all the questions you were intending to ask?

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Thank you spiritalk, it's clarifies some of the problems I had, not sure where it leaves me but now I know what you mean.

Return to “General Discussion”