Why men always make the life of women miserable

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kazza30

Post by kazza30 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:48 pm

that is so true rhutobello, respect and equality on both sides in order for a healthy, happy relationship!!!

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:22 am

Rutho is right. Both party should find a balance with each other and understand that we are not the same. they should also keep their love strong if the relationship is going thru hell :)

WiseMagus

Post by WiseMagus » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:09 am

I just read all 4 pages of this post...and was kind of wondering.....
How did it go from "men making a womans life miserable" to assault and adultery?  

As some of you stated, yes, we are all different....thats what makes this old world so fantastic....and sometimes we don't agree on things...but all that is simply spice to life!

For the most part, men are simple.  No, I don't mean stupid...but men are visually queued, and are happy with having the basic needs fulfilled.  And yes, because of society and the way we are raised, we tend to keep feelings hidden (terrible, but true).

Now women on the other hand....the best way to understand a woman....is to realize that women are unique....what other creature can go from sad, to mad, to glad...in the space of 5 minutes.  If men would just accept that women are more complex than they are, and lose the stubborn side, there wouldn't be a question of "why men make a womans life hell".

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 am

WiseMagus wrote:I just read all 4 pages of this post...and was kind of wondering.....
How did it go from "men making a womans life miserable" to assault and adultery?  

As some of you stated, yes, we are all different....thats what makes this old world so fantastic....and sometimes we don't agree on things...but all that is simply spice to life!

For the most part, men are simple.  No, I don't mean stupid...but men are visually queued, and are happy with having the basic needs fulfilled.  And yes, because of society and the way we are raised, we tend to keep feelings hidden (terrible, but true).

Now women on the other hand....the best way to understand a woman....is to realize that women are unique....what other creature can go from sad, to mad, to glad...in the space of 5 minutes.  If men would just accept that women are more complex than they are, and lose the stubborn side, there wouldn't be a question of "why men make a womans life hell".
Agree :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:12 pm

I wouldn't ove rsimplify male physiology either.  Having read some relationship material they really are from Mars, while woman are from Venus.  Mars is about fighting, Venus is about love.

WiseMagus

Post by WiseMagus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Wasn't meaning to over simplify.....note the "for the most part".... there will always be differences......;)

Mr.Kr0w

Post by Mr.Kr0w » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:18 pm

short answer.....people make people miserable....or happy just depends

papagobolan

Post by papagobolan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:49 pm

uh, no.. i don't actually.. my mom's dead.  

thanks, though.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:12 am

Well, we can clearly see that you are on a wrong place, papagobolan.

If you do this in order to sound important, then I can inform you that you have failed big.

If you on the other hand do it in out from your personal view, then I feel very sorry for you, because you will live a life in solitude, with very few friends, and those friends you get will not promote your sanity.

As stated before, a shrink might be of good use for you....hopefully it is your mental illness that speaks for you...if not...wow....how can a man be that warped, and still sane?

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I'd like to point out that there is a HUGE cultural gap in this thread. In my country a couple can get divorced for wanting to get a divorce. No justification of any sort needed and when friends ask why and one replies, "It just didn't work out." that's a perfectly acceptable explanation to most.

Yet it is suggested that fear of being beaten is keeping abused women from seeking a divorce. This suggests the original poster lives in a place without womens' shelters, without *respect* for women, and possibly even without Rule of Law.

Some of the examples made in the original post also leads me to believe that the problem lies with the friends and not with their men, such as:

"Does a man have the right to leave the house without telling their spouse where they're going?"

This is wrong.

The real question is, "Does anyone - man or woman - have the right to DEMAND of ANYONE - spouse or not - that they always let them know where they are?"

No, they do not. You have no right to interfere in the business or others - even if those others are your spouse. When it is relationship business, then it IS your business. When it is not, it is not.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, verbal attacks count as violence, so don't be surprised if someone actually beats you for using "fighting words."

Act like a lady and be treated like a lady.
Act like a man and be treated like a man (which includes getting punched in the face when you're out of line).
NEVER expect to be able to act like a man and be treated like a lady, unless you wish to be sorely disappointed.

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Well there are some many angles and perceptions to this. You would first need to understand the root cause behind anything. Women feel that men make their lives misreble because women want to get ti misreble themselves by behaving erratic

peredhil31

Post by peredhil31 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 am

The question is either not based in reality, or is hyperbole.  How many men were experienced for the questioner to just to "all" men.  I guarantee that not all men were included, which makes this a statistical forecast.  So, immediately, it is broken into, "all the men questioner has known" and "all the men questioner has not known".
Since it is EXTREMELY unlikely that the question meant "all" men they have known, that portion breaks into "men I've known who make me miserable" and "men I've known who don't".  Usually you'll find grandfathers, cousins, and sometimes brothers in the second group.  
So now we have the real question, "Of all the men I notice and care about their impact on my life, they make me miserable".  When I see this, I usually think of the time I worked in a strip club, and heard this a great deal.  What THEY meant was, "The only men to whom I'm attracted always make me miserable".  The answer turned out to be:  They weren't attracted to men whose personality types didn't fit their emotional criteria:  domineering, selfish, "tough", socially aggressive, flashy

So the answer becomes, "you are the one thing in common to every miserable relationship, and perhaps you should retrain your emotions to desire someone better for you."

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Women are treated badly in this world where men are always trying to be dominant over women, This should be changed.

Duchess1964

What about Women?

Post by Duchess1964 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 pm

As a woman myself, I've found it rather interesting to hear that particular stereotype.  Women, in fact statistically, can cheat until a really warm place freezes over and NEVER say a word.  We are just as likely to leave for extended lengths of time (me for instance, I am currently taking care of my parents.  My family is on the other side of the state).  We are just as capable of baring our fangs and being nasty.

Your friends may have been cowed by a man, but that is there personal problem and perhaps they should find ways to address that issue.  It says for the woman to cleave to her husband not to be bullied and cowed.  If she is, she allows it.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Women are always ill treated in the society of our country. It should be stopped.

Return to “General Discussion”