Biggest mistake of your life??

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Biggest mistake of your life??

Post by swetha » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 am

What do you consider to be the biggest mistake of your life. something you would have wished didn't happen/ change :))

I should have become a vet when i had the chance.. now 15 years down the line I am wondering why didn't I put my foot down!!

scorpio girl

Post by scorpio girl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:37 pm

I wish I didn't stay in a relationship for 12 years that in the end didn't work out.

Psychzilla

Post by Psychzilla » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 pm

I have no regrets, the mistakes you made in your past make you who you are today.

Whats important is to learn from those mistakes, if you do, the world has a way of working out, and without those regrets, you can focus your thoughts on improving your life. So live for the present, prepare for the future and learn from the past. But don't live in the past.

Rin101

Post by Rin101 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:00 am

Psychzilla wrote:I have no regrets, the mistakes you made in your past make you who you are today.

Whats important is to learn from those mistakes, if you do, the world has a way of working out, and without those regrets, you can focus your thoughts on improving your life. So live for the present, prepare for the future and learn from the past. But don't live in the past.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

I had youthful dreams in my teens, with fears that halted their progress.  Now, I have the dreams, and the body
not capable of fulfilling them although I try.

Psychzilla

Post by Psychzilla » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:02 am

spiritalk wrote:I had youthful dreams in my teens, with fears that halted their progress.  Now, I have the dreams, and the body
not capable of fulfilling them although I try.
I never had fears, never had time for them, still in pretty good shape

brohigham

Post by brohigham » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 pm

I regret not listening to my inner self.  So many times I have heard that voice in my head, or had that feeling, but never trusted it.  I've learned over time that I should trust myself because I'm picking up on something.

fruffle

Post by fruffle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:56 pm

When I was 17 I joined the Navy and popped on a piss test for weed right before I shipped out for basic - now that was definitely a mistake. Haha.  I don't know if I can say I regret it or not, but I am sooo curious as to where I'd be in my life right now if I hadn't messed that up.  I'm in the military again now, but rejoined after a six-year hiatus.  I'd definitely at least be higher ranking. Blah! But then again being in the military from 17 would have made me into a different person.  I think you need a little experience in the civilian world before getting sucked into something like the military.

headhominid

Post by headhominid » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:15 pm

At first I want to say dropping out of high school...

But conversely that might have been the best choice I've yet made.

TrinaJayne

Post by TrinaJayne » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 am

When I look back on what I perceived to be mistakes in my life, I now realise that some of the biggest ones ended up being significant turning points in my life. I do believe that it is just a matter of time (up to us) before we see or acknowledge the gift in everything that may have seemed like a mistake at the time. I know that sometimes it seems particularly hard to see the gift, but I genuinely believe that there is always one there, just a matter of finding it, so we bring our perception of that event in our life back into balance rather than only seeing it as a negative one.

TrinaJayne

Post by TrinaJayne » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 am

To give an example of what seemed like big mistakes at the time, includes investing in property and being hit majorly by the GFC and being forced to sell the properties at a loss, at the same time as having a business go down the shoot, and lose a chunk of cash on the stock market, and all this after investing a lot in my education on all of these areas with the aim of creating some financial security for myself and my family for the future - seemingly good intentions.  

On immediate reflection some of those 'investment' decisions may not have been as wise as I thought at the time, and I considered them major mistakes. However, now I can clearly see that this is what sent me on the spiritual discovery path, resulted in me simplifying my life, feeling a much deeper sense of gratitude for the simplest things, and generally a sense of peace within myself that I hadn't found before.

I realise that previously I was living my life based on a fear mentality, now I am creating from love. I have faced the fear of losing everything, by actually experiencing it, and it is no longer a fear, I know that I will be and am OK.

drprpapi23

Post by drprpapi23 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:46 am

i would say not treating my parents the way i should of. i went out of line too much with them & that is why i try to appreciate them much more.

Qizmo

re:

Post by Qizmo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm

I have made many mistakes. But I have to say without them I wouldn't have learned anything, it teached me a lesson.

Seraph

Post by Seraph » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:01 am

Swetha, I feel that I have so many big regrets in my life - in relationships, in career, etc.  But my guides told me that I didn't make any mistakes and that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.   :smt017

eagle.eyes

Post by eagle.eyes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:04 am

Not being able to talk to my grandma before she died... I had no idea that she just suddenly died the next morning...

Return to “General Discussion”