CAN WE CHANGE OUR DESTINY

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Clover

Post by Clover » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 pm

srimathi,
If that is your belief then do you also believe that there is a way to preview our destiny?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 am

How truly sad srimathi that you can accept all the good, the bad, the ugly in life with such a fatalistic attitude.  If we could not change and grow, why do we start as children and learn from the lessons of life?  And of course the lessons continue always, in body, in mind, in spirit - on the earth plane and on the spirit level.

There are talents, skills, abilities that are given to each of us in measure.  What we do with them is our destiny through our experiences.  

All the spiritual gurus tell us to live in the present moment.  Why bother if it is all predetermined anyway?

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

The past has already happened and could not possibly have happened any other way.

The future has yet to happen and therefore literally anything is possible.

You can't make sense of it (at least I can't), but it can certainly make sense of you.

Time is a neccesary illusion that prevents us from going insane from a sensory overload. The truth is, everything happens at once - from start to finish to everything in between.

As for changing ones destiny... Meh. Is destiny ones purpose or ones potential? I don't think you can change either - and while I think your destiny will pursue you for life - you certainly have the option not to pursue your destiny. I doubt you can experience happiness in life IF there is such a thing as destiny which you are ignoring, however, as that destiny would keep making you feel like "something was wrong" for as long as you didn't pursue it.

Cusp73

Post by Cusp73 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:27 pm

enumero123 wrote:by examining your cycles of life and what they mean for you ,you can move into the drivers seat and take control ..you can learn to work and flow with your cycles rather than fight them when you are aware of your seasons, aware that winter follows autumn and spring winter you can be prepared to deal with the changes as you choose

YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR CYCLES WHICH ARE DETERMINED AT BIRTH JUST AS YOU CANT CHANGE THE SEASONS ,,but you can learn to recognize your cycles and learn how to use them to your fullest advantage

resonates a little toward predestination
Sorry, I know this post is from 2011!  But I found it interesting and conflicting.  You state you can move into the drivers seat to take control, but then say you can't change anything!

I don't believe cycles of our lives are pre-determined and unchangeable, but I do believe that is how we live our lives - in cycles.  To say that our cycles cannot be changed, but we can learn to use them to our fullest advantage suggests that we are incapable of change & we all just succumb to "fate."

It's pattern, it's familiarity, life is so busy and moves so quickly we often give up and assume fate or pre-determination when in fact if we just took the time to stop & focus we can finally understand why we do the things we do & realize we can make changes.

If our cycles are pre-determined and cannot be changed that is like saying an alcohol cannot become sober, a criminal cannot be reformed, etc.  It's called decision.  Decisions impact our lives, other's lives, and change the trajectory of lives, but again people tend to call it "fate."

I do believe that everything happens for a reason, but I wouldn't call it fate, often times things we do are intentional but on a subconscious level of understanding.  There is a meaning behind everything, it's just a matter of being in the moment & focusing enough to understand it.  We have the power to harness more control than we think we do.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:36 pm

You can predict things because things don't happen completely at random. People are more likely to do things that go along with their desires and the way they think. But we still have free will. When people make predictions it's based on what's likely to happen based on the way things are now. That's what I think.

I also believe that certain things are planned ahead of time, like you have a life plan, but every little thing isn't planned.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:36 pm

You can predict things because things don't happen completely at random. People are more likely to do things that go along with their desires and the way they think. But we still have free will. When people make predictions it's based on what's likely to happen based on the way things are now. That's what I think.

I also believe that certain things are planned ahead of time, like you have a life plan, but every little thing isn't planned.

Qizmo

re:

Post by Qizmo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:29 am

I think we can, nothing is really fixed. We always have choices

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Of course we can, just one example: Jonah and the city of Nineveh.

fisk_82

Post by fisk_82 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:53 pm

If anything was predetermined from the very first beginning so what is the essence of being human? Life will be useless then..

larsson

Post by larsson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:33 am

white light wrote:Yes, it's called Akashik records.

Every human has a record of his/her life.  It's called an Akashik record.

These records are detailed records of a person's birth, life and death.  Where you'll be born, to whom you'll  be born, where you'll go to school, what you're interests will be, how much of an achiever or failure you'll be, what tribulations you'll suffer, what happiness you'll enjoy, everything you do is recorded before you're born.

When a psychic reads your palm/cards (etc.), that psychic is actually reading your Akashik record.  How does the psychic know you'll get married at 25, divorced at 35, have two daughters and one son, get into a car accident and lose your leg at the age of 43 . . . ?  S/he knows because it's all recorded before it happens.  Many psychics don't even know the term Akashic record.  They get information from their spirit guides.  Well, their spirit guides get information on you from looking at your Akashic record.
Sorry,I don't agree with your statement at the time of posting.

larsson

Post by larsson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:36 am

I think the opinion of yourself creates upur Universe.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:39 pm

There is free will choice in life, so putting it all into the belief in Akashac records (as described) just doesn't cut it.

hotwayld quite

I didnot can say destiny dont exist...

Post by hotwayld quite » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

..but i have feeling right know that destiny have self free dual antonim .
desteny cant be one sure ting to be exising as all have two sides and destiny is one ting isnt?so thats why i had a choise to bealive that destiny besides existing have side where is not exist.do you bealive??

hotwayld quite

Post by hotwayld quite » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm

I tink if you bealive in destiny you canot get uper spirit

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:42 pm

larsson wrote:
white light wrote:Yes, it's called Akashik records.

Every human has a record of his/her life.  It's called an Akashik record.

These records are detailed records of a person's birth, life and death.  Where you'll be born, to whom you'll  be born, where you'll go to school, what you're interests will be, how much of an achiever or failure you'll be, what tribulations you'll suffer, what happiness you'll enjoy, everything you do is recorded before you're born.

When a psychic reads your palm/cards (etc.), that psychic is actually reading your Akashik record.  How does the psychic know you'll get married at 25, divorced at 35, have two daughters and one son, get into a car accident and lose your leg at the age of 43 . . . ?  S/he knows because it's all recorded before it happens.  Many psychics don't even know the term Akashic record.  They get information from their spirit guides.  Well, their spirit guides get information on you from looking at your Akashic record.
Sorry,I don't agree with your statement at the time of posting.
Same here, I think that the Akashik records are recording the past. Of coure there is a higher probability to do some things then others, but thise are just probabilities that can be changed

Return to “General Discussion”