CAN WE CHANGE OUR DESTINY

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

technus

Post by technus » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

this is a question I wanted to ask to.  My bf is really into the vedic religion and he basically says we are all puppets on a string and that we have no free will whatsoever.

If that is the case, what is the point of even being here?

I think there are a lot of things that are predestined, but that there are also choices we can make and many possible outcomes.  

I think this quote best sums it up "If everything is predetermined, then why do you look both ways before you cross the street?"- Steven Hawking

The problem is, my bf never tries to change or better himself or do any kind of self reflection because he says it's all Karma or destiny.  So he gets fired from his jobs all the time because he's very confrontational with his bosses, but then blames it on destiny..

I'm highly annoyed with this because it seems like just a scapegoat to excuse yourself for making bad choices..

Cusp73

Post by Cusp73 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 pm

technus... I don't think you two were "destined" to be together.  You should be with someone you can grow and learn from, vice versa.  Someone like this may only bring you down.  I firmly believe our partners should compliment our lives, not complicate them.  Just an observation from what you posted.  Peace ;)

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Why not? We do not even know where our main destiny is...
We have to just think positively.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

We are in the image of God - a creator.  Create your own future and leave destiny in the dust.  Any energy that flows around you is your own personal responsibility.  Jetison people, places things that drag you down.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am

Yes destiny can be changed. many people had a worse condition in the past but by making a hard work and devotion they have changed their destiny.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:10 pm

I predict that in less than a minute these very words will appear on this very forum.

GoddessGail

Post by GoddessGail » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 pm

I gave up reading your overly-long, rambling post, but hope that I got the gist of it.

You are over-simplifying how reality works, thus your question is so biased in the wrong direction that it is impossible to answer.

YES - you have free will, and a good psychic will be able to tell you how probable a certain decision is, as well as other choices available to you.  Sometimes you have already decided what you want through your free will, and those things come through as certain.  Sometimes you haven't yet "decided" (used your free will to choose) and those things come through with a varying degree of probability.

Reality is FAR GRANDER than the one you describe.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 am

I agree with Mr. Prof. Akers. Its a very much biased question.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:20 am

Cusp73 wrote:technus... I don't think you two were "destined" to be together.  You should be with someone you can grow and learn from, vice versa.  Someone like this may only bring you down.  I firmly believe our partners should compliment our lives, not complicate them.  Just an observation from what you posted.  Peace ;)

Destiny is produced our choices in life - whether free will or predetermined is not the issue - the future will only unfold as you accept and allow all things into your life.  If you remain unfocused and accept the universe is choosing your destiny this too will happen.

In a marriage relationship it is important to have compatibility - sometimes a partner offers such different and opposite views it helps each learn from the other - that this takes strong connection and communication to accomplish.  It is important to know we learn from everyone who enters our lives.  Just seeking the lesson can be a life journey worthy of its practice.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Man is the writer of his own fate. As you show, so you reap. So always we have to think positive.

Duchess1964

Sorry but ... not so much

Post by Duchess1964 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:35 pm

I had my palm read when I was in my early 20's.  Can we say ... VERY WRONG all together.  Fate and destiny are intertwined but based on the very real FACT that no matter what faith you follow, you are gifted with free will.  In that will you may decide that driving a car is not what you wish to do and you buy a horse instead.  Thereby allowing that you will not be involved in a car accident in your 40's.

For me ... It said I would have 3 children.  I had 5 ... MY CHOICE.  It said I would live to see 100, most in my family do.  I can tell you that unless they find a cure for MS (which I have now), I will see perhaps 80 with very good care.  Did that change the lines on my hand ... nope.

They are, like all other tools (Tarot, astrology), a guide to what we have as possible roads or changes in our Fate/Destiny.  Only God/s know when we will die, YOU determine how you spend the time between now and then.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:15 am

Consider the stone placed on our grave - a date to be born and a date to die.  And between the two is a dash.  Life is stuffed into that little dash between birth and death.  And it is up to us what we do to stretch it or not.

Duchess1964

Ohh ... yes. like that

Post by Duchess1964 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:07 am

Like Spiritalk states.  Destiny is not something written in stone.  We are born and from that moment, each moment is ours alone.  We can use the guide of a chart or Tarot reading.  In the end though when the dash is almost over, what you've done, needs to have been and is - your choice.  Nothing and no one can take that from you.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:09 am

Fate of a particular depends upon his own activity. So by doing the right job at the right time, destiny could be changed.

karmavision

Post by karmavision » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 pm

No one cannot change his destiny completely but one can sure alter it to some extent by your freewill and doing right karmas or workship/remedies whatever you call it.

What you sow is what you reap. God never interferes in your karmas, there is a simple rule -> What you sow is what you reap.

One can use his freewill for better purposes, do good things. Where the line of  destiny ends and freewill begins is debatable topic. But everywhere you have a choice for sure which decides your destiny later.

Return to “General Discussion”