Looking for some input! And thank you so much in advance for all your help!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

TheElephant

Looking for some input! And thank you so much in advance for all your help!

Post by TheElephant » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 am

Hey everyone!

I hope this type of question is okay. I looked around and didn't see anything that says it's not, but if it is I'm really sorry and please feel free to move this post and email me very angry messages!

So lately I've been looking at some of the various psychic hotlines, and most of them seem pretty shady or sleazy and don't seem to have the best interest of those offering or getting the readings at heart, one way or another. They take a large cut or try to trick you to pay more or something.

Also, I love building things. Websites, applications, you name it. It's kinda therapeutic for me, an art I guess. My father is a gifted painter, I unfortunately am not, but I guess I express myself creatively by making applications. I know it sounds kinda funny but there you go.

So anyways I was thinking of trying to build a better psychic service since I didn't like the existing ones out there. One that is simple and straight forward, and gets out of the way to let the ones offering readings and the ones getting the readings communicate without feeling like they're being taken advantage of or anything. I feel like all the psychic services out there are too manipulative, and I think it would be a good idea to build one that does away with all of it and just provides a good platform for everyone to get together.

So my question is; what would such a service look like? What are features you look for in such a service as someone who provides readings, or someone who is looking for readings? Are there things you hate about psychic hotlines? Things you love? What are your experiences?

I've talked to a lot of people individually but wanted to put this out there and get input from more people, and see if people think a better one can be provided for everyone.

Sorry again if this is a kind of inappropriate question, but I thought I would try to ask since I didn't see anything that said it was. If it is please just delete my question and accept my apologies!

Thanks in advance for any input and absolutely all the best!

Celestial

Re: Looking for some input! And thank you so much in advance for all your help!

Post by Celestial » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 am

TheElephant wrote:Hey everyone!

I hope this type of question is okay. I looked around and didn't see anything that says it's not, but if it is I'm really sorry and please feel free to move this post and email me very angry messages!

So lately I've been looking at some of the various psychic hotlines, and most of them seem pretty shady or sleazy and don't seem to have the best interest of those offering or getting the readings at heart, one way or another. They take a large cut or try to trick you to pay more or something.

Also, I love building things. Websites, applications, you name it. It's kinda therapeutic for me, an art I guess. My father is a gifted painter, I unfortunately am not, but I guess I express myself creatively by making applications. I know it sounds kinda funny but there you go.

So anyways I was thinking of trying to build a better psychic service since I didn't like the existing ones out there. One that is simple and straight forward, and gets out of the way to let the ones offering readings and the ones getting the readings communicate without feeling like they're being taken advantage of or anything. I feel like all the psychic services out there are too manipulative, and I think it would be a good idea to build one that does away with all of it and just provides a good platform for everyone to get together.

So my question is; what would such a service look like? What are features you look for in such a service as someone who provides readings, or someone who is looking for readings? Are there things you hate about psychic hotlines? Things you love? What are your experiences?

I've talked to a lot of people individually but wanted to put this out there and get input from more people, and see if people think a better one can be provided for everyone.

Sorry again if this is a kind of inappropriate question, but I thought I would try to ask since I didn't see anything that said it was. If it is please just delete my question and accept my apologies!

Thanks in advance for any input and absolutely all the best!

Hi there! :smt006
This is a good place as any to have asked your questions.

There is a great article by Echo Bodine who incidentally has written a very good book, and I think you'll enjoy reading what she has to say on this subject.

http://www.grandtimes.com/Psychics.html

Integrity is the Key from any reader one is considering going to! It is always good to get recommendations if possible, beforehand, from those who have visited with them and to go to true professionals who work from a good place in their heart and have a great soul willing to help others along the way who have come to ask for intuitive help.

Thanks again for your posting. It is great food-for-thought and hopefully people will become more aware of what to look for as well as what to look out for when approaching a prospective psychic.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Nice to look that you feel free in this site. Hope to listen more from you.

Duchess1964

Hmmm

Post by Duchess1964 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Okay ... I'll jump.  I actually do Tarot readings, and have a site of sorts for 'inspiration'.  My personal issues that led to this may sound familiar to you.  I found that most of those 'professionals' were not very good at actually seeing anything.  They were good at getting the person calling to give them information.  If a person is real they charge nothing or very little for something that is a gift to them.

I'm not sure that helped but that's my take.

Return to “General Discussion”