Need Help Making A Decision

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

stephybabes92

Need Help Making A Decision

Post by stephybabes92 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Hey guys (would appreciate advice from any or all of you!),

The past couple of days have been pretty good for me, as I have been offered a few jobs (nothing spectacular, just full-time call centre jobs to get me some money). I picked one and am due to start my training on Monday 9-5. Now today another company who I had applied to has responded to me and as a result I have completed and passed almost all stages today in a matter of hours: the telephone interview and the various online tests (some of which were quite tricky). All that's left now is the face-to-face interview which is only available during mon-fri 14:00-15:30pm. I really really want this job.

As I am starting the other job on Monday I will be unable to make an interview...unless I say that I have a doctors appointment or something but I'm scared to incase they get annoyed at me.

What should I do?

I don't want to completely give up the new job that I already have as if end  up not passing the face-to-face interview I'll have nothing!

If anybody senses which job is right for me lemme know, if not any advice will do!

Thanks in advance, appreciate you all and love the fact we can support each other on this site!

Stephanie xx :smt117

agata

Post by agata » Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Hello Stephanie. :)

My advice is just the result of my reasoning, no superpowers involved. :D

If I were you, I would ask if it would be a problem if you started your new job on Tuesday. I think that such polite question shouldn't make anyone annoyed. Then decide if you can insist more or not. You said that you really want this other job. I don't think that the chance to get it is a pure coincidence. It would be a pity if you didn't try. Besides, I guess that it's easier to get a job at another call centre than in this other place, as you had to pass some tests and have 2 interviews. Of course, I don't know how your budget looks like, but if you can take a risk, just give it a shot.

I wish you good luck and will keep my fingers crossed! :)

Return to “General Discussion”