Love, Arrows & Hearts.

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Vishwas
Site Admin

Love, Arrows & Hearts.

Post by Vishwas » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:49 am

Well I had asked a simple question,

Why is love represented by arrows through heart?

The answer to it is "Because Love HURTS".

Now many might not agree, but yes love does hurt & I am aware of it.

But more seriously another question comes into picture

"Even if you know Love Hurts, Would you fall in Love? If so why?"

Now this is a question for which I am looking the answer for.

I have a had a simple answer for it, but would like to know what others think.

Plz everyone post ur answers here. & select the notify option if u want, so u will know when someone has posted a reply here, as I think this will be a topic lot of ppl will talk about.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Well Vishwas I hope you will have many answer to this topic... I will try to give you mine.

Love..hate..everything around us can be summert up in feelings.
It's feelings that makes us glad and it's feelings that make us sad.
Let us say that we are able to controll our feelings, we will no longer feel bad...no way..we shall only be happy.
well, what now....you only have 1 feeling...happy....but happy is a normal feeling....and you will no longer feel "real happiness" which only occure if you also have felt sadness, because you need the whole scala in order to see the difference.

Let's say you are able to suppress love....then after some time another feeling will pop up, and that is the feeling of loneliness.
This feeling can be much harder to live with then the hurt of love, which also many times gives pleasures in the thought.

So I will say....again and again...seek your soulmate...it's seldom you find her on first try :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:19 pm

Love what is it really?, I don't have any love myself nor have I any hate, I just have me, I am not one for writing big stories about love because I'm still looking, listening and learning, sure you look at me and say how come, well I'll tell you why, I have had love once and then got hurt and now I've got loneliness. You can not taste or smell love it can only be felt and that isn't by touch, it's how it makes you feel inside, is what love is.

spiritalk

Love

Post by spiritalk » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:09 pm

There have been several types of love identified with several names.  The one that you describe is the very human type of love with all the ego and emotions involved to the hilt.  Yes, we can have pain, but in the end the love is worth the pain (eg children and their birth through pain).

There is another, higher source love...spirit love.  This is something that goes well beyond what we can even sometimes comprehend in our material existence.  This can be considered a divine love given by God to us when we have practiced in our other forms of love.  It has no jealousies and expectations...it just loves.  When that purity can be gained by us, we have understood and gained spirituality at its depths.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:19 pm

now i know someone is in love:))
i never ever thought i wud love anyone... i dont mean the love my parents kind of love. but i guess u never know when cupid strikes:)
at times u do stuff knowing it will hurt..becoz u r ready to face it or u think its worthwhile to go thru the pain as the end result is worth it. all the suffering is forgotten the moment ur loves one tells u "I LOVE U". u simply forget all the grudges and feel its the end of the world....dont u?

Deborah

interesting post

Post by Deborah » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:53 am

Wondering why one would ask such things ...

Love is a emotion that takes hold of us .. its up to us to be mature and handle things rather we are ready or not ... it happens ...

Would i fall in love knowing it could hurt - 100 times yes .. love is a feeling that takes you above and beyond the clouds!

.................child birth hurts too .. would i change my mind and not give birth to my children - no Love is above all!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:26 pm

Well spiritalk, swetha & deb got it right. Love is worth all the pain. "Because it is WORTH it".

Lets see what others say.

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:13 pm

I don't understand how anyone can say that love is the same as child birth, there is a lot more to love then that, a whole lot more.

vahte

Post by vahte » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:53 pm

Love doesn't hurt. its our expectations that make us hurt.if u could love someone without wanting anything in return. would love still hurt. NO

Real love has no agendas, no attachments, no ideas, no demands, and no conditions.

But i don't know how much of this u can follow in real life. Probably u would become a saint if u could follow all these.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:29 am

what u say is true too...i guess whenever expectations come into the pictures..the hurt past starts... love without expecting anything in return... but how many of us wud b able to love selflessly? after all we r humans and not above all.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:16 am

Vahte what u say is true, I will agree. But the point is not only about expecting love, & feeling pain when u don't get it.

It is also the pain when u see someone u love is in pain. It is also the pain when u are losing a loved one. It is also the pain when u are giving birth to a child. It is also the pain u get when the one u love rejects u. It is also the pain when u can't meet or talk to the one u love. & much much more, which I can't really write here, especially with a broken hand.

But the point is, u know that it causes u or will cause u so much pain, but still would u love? Would u still give ur heart to someone? Would u still love the person unconditionally? Would u still love them without expecting anything in return?

No u can't, no one can, not even saints, many saints have had wifes & children too, they have always expected something from their children & wifes, & get angry & curse them if they don't get what they expect. U can find many examples as such in Indian Mythology & History.

Anyway back to the topic, would u love or not? if yes or no, then why??

Ccucu

Post by Ccucu » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:03 pm

Even if you know Love Hurts, Would you fall in Love? If so why?
I know you expected my answear bro, and here it is...

I know love hurts, that's why I embrace it. But not because I like being hurt, but because when you are in love you have the most wonderfull emotions and feelings. It's the supreme feeling, and the people that knew "true" love will aggree with me.
When you are in love nothing counts, nothing is more important then the person you love and nothing can stand in your way.
If love fails you will hurt badly, but even if you are hurt and if you think of the past moments your heart will jump in joy.

I believe that everybody knows true love when he sees it. You don't need to define love to find it, it's in your heart and you whole body feels it when it's there.

So bro, one advice from me... follow your heart

spiritalk

I would just like to add to these wonderful thoughts....

Post by spiritalk » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:16 pm

Childbirth was ONE example of unconditional (to the best we can muster in human existence) Love.  We accept and live the pain, to produce the result.  

Unconditional is the operative word...and there is little of that in love on the earth.  Spirituality strives for this condition and we do have good intent...but again, we do fall short of that particular mark.

Very good thoughts on this subject...really enjoyed reading the thoughtful responses.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:44 am

i agree too:)
unconditional is the key word:) but there is that teeny weeny bit of expectation in love too:)
even though u r prepared for the worst.
swetha

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:57 am

Well we never ever are truely prepared for the worst. Even the biggest pessimist on earth has hopes & as long as u have hope, then u expect in love.

Return to “General Discussion”