vegetarian

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dan05

vegetarian

Post by dan05 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:52 pm

an apple a day keeps the doctor away  too.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Will an apple a day keep the doctor away? Really?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Not really appropriate for a general discussion forum, but this common generalization has now been seriously challenged by the scientific community, and the results are not looking particularly encouraging in their support of this popular theory.

Like any similar gross generalization, there are many exceptions.

I happen to be one of those exceptions, as I unable to eat any fruit (including apples) due to a chronic yeast infection and irritable bowel symptoms.

So in my case at least an apple a day would have unpleasant and malodorous consequences both for myself and anyone close to me, and more than one piece of fruit per day would probably have me regularly at the doctor's surgery or in hospital.  

There is a three page article at the following web address which effectively debunks this popular myth, as it appears to be claiming that simply eating an apple per day will give you perfect health, which honestly is complete nonsense if you think more about it.

Fruit is one of the five major food groups from each of which the average person should select one or two items every day as part of a healthy balanced diet, but only if there are no contraindications or underlying factors which could mean that this practice harms the patient's health instead of improving it.

http://www.gofor2and5.com.au/HealthEati ... fault.aspx

http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental- ... -a-day.htm

BTW I have noticed that all your postings so far are one liners, which look suspiciously like an a thinly veiled attempt to artificially boost your posting count, with the intention to register our software.

Please be aware if this is true (and I hope that it is not for your sake, and sincerely apologise if it is not), that forum padding will NOT be counted towards your total for software registration eligibility purposes.

Only genuine participation in and genuine contributions by you to our forums, will be counted towards your total.

Thanks,

EoT  :smt003

Return to “General Discussion”