Affirmations

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Miss. A

Affirmations

Post by Miss. A » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi everyone!  :smt006

I just wanted to share this beautiful picture with you (note that I do not own the rights to this) and one of my favourite angel affirmations and why I use it often.

“I am free to soar in the lightness of love”

Well, this all boils down to my interpretation of this affirmation but love can be so wonderfully powerful. Love is all around us if we pay attention and always remembering that love breeds love. I say this affirmation regularly to remind myself that I am loved, that I am capable of loving and therefore returning that love given to me. The best part? That love is free. Don't hold back, don't be afraid to give love and to receive it.

I encourage you to join in on this post and add one of your own affirmations. Please also add your own reasons as to why you chose it. How does your chosen affirmation make you feel? What relevance does it have to you?

Blessings,   :smt051  :smt059  :smt051

Abbey.
Attachments
Angel.gif
Angel.gif (685.63 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
Last edited by Miss. A on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:18 am

Abbey,

Perhaps this time it might be interesting and useful for people to not only tell us what their favourite affirmation is, but to also explain why it is their favourite affirmation, and how saying it regularly makes them feel happier, healthier and more successful in their life.

Could you please do the same by editing your original message?

Thanks,

EoT :smt038

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:29 am

That's a great idea EoT!

Many thanks,

Abbey.  :smt003

eshall

a

Post by eshall » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:00 am

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Keep it up.
Thank you to eshall and my other friends, for your sincere compliments.

I will definitely be keeping up with making my best efforts to help and support as many of our valued members as I possibly and humanly can, through my spiritual work on these Mystic Board forums.

Salutations to everyone,

EoT  :)  :smt053

Vetona

Post by Vetona » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:18 pm

I think that this affirmation is a simple
yet effective way to translate the idea
that love is a very powerful motivator and
can effect people positively all the time !

thanks for the share :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather it is taking positive action in spite of our fears

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Vetona wrote...
I think that this affirmation is a simple yet effective way to translate the idea.............
The most effective affirmations are often also the simplest ones.

When you are reprogramming your subconscious mind for success, it is important that the instructions which you are giving it are expressed in the simplest possible terms, making the repetition and reinforcement process much easier than it otherwise might have been if the affirmation had instead been more complicated and long winded.

One point which is repeatedly made is that when constructing affirmations, it is vital not to include the very behaviour which you are attempting to modify.

For example instead of saying "I will not be afraid anymore of my life's challenges", you should say "I am ready for whatever challenges life has in store".

While both of these affirmations consist of exactly ten words each, the likely effectiveness of the latter would be expected to be significantly greater than the one containing the double negative of "not" and "afraid".

Because the first statement is based upon the mistaken belief that courage is the absence of fear, instead of recognizing that it is perfectly normal for us to feel some degree of fear and anxiety whenever trying something new, but that real courage is to go ahead and face the challenge head on, in spite of those fears.

Salutations to all,

EoT

Return to “General Discussion”