Age of Aquarius

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Age of Aquarius

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Dear friends,

On a photography forum that I frequent, I saw this beautiful photo taken yesterday by Lori Hoddinott, there. I share it here with Lori's permission. It shows the moon (as it moves away from the sun in the bright phase of the lunar cycle), in close company of venus and mars. A very brilliant picture and one that is indicative of hope and happiness, and pleasing to the eye.

When I first experienced new-age cyber-networking on Compuserve in the 80s, before internet became accessible to all of us today, 'The age of Aquarius' was often mentioned. It was not a novel concept, of course, but as time passed and the global reality moved along its course, it has become a key concept indicative of spiritual upliftment, love for and within mankind in general and in short: better and saner times. A popular 1967 song defines the astrological signature which is embedded in the photograph.

Due to precessional differences, astrologers now follow two zodiacs, tropical forms the framework of astrology as traditionally practised in the west, whereas the sidereal zodiac forms the predominant framework utilized in India and its astrology: Jyotish or as popularly knows as vedic astrology (we have a forum devoted to that system here as well as another for the western form).

The Age of Aquarius has been utilized in astrological writings by some, others have held opposing views (so what's new, eh...?). Some have pegged it to be associated with the precessional drift which is ~23 degrees between the two zodiacs. This makes the mid-point of sidereal aries coincide with tropical taurus! Or looked from a different perspective, the first point of tropical (season-based) Aries coincides with sidereal Pisces.

Venus is the astrological symbol of Love, moon is of compassion while mars is associated with strife and harsh action. May the relative brilliance of venus and moon overcome the negativity that mars the tiniest point of light in the sky-view yesterday implies.

The combination portrayed in the famous song may not be completely fulfilled yesterday, but definitely its message and that of the Age of Aquarius concept is beautiful and heart warming and welcome today when the world is suffering from strife and disasters caused by humans and nature in different places in the world. Astrology aside, the mere sight in the sky of these brilliant three was wonderful and so beautifully captured in this photograph by Lori.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Bree 54

Post by Bree 54 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:21 pm

That was so beautiful, Rohiniranjan, thank you for sharing.  

I have been told that although there is so much negative energy out in the world today, one positive aspect we have also in the world today is the fact that there are more good people on earth now than at any other time in history & this good out populates the bad.

There is always hope for good possibilities.

Bree~

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Bree 54 wrote:...
one positive aspect we have also in the world today is the fact that there are more good people on earth now than at any other time in history & this good out populates the bad.
You are very welcome! Glad you liked.

While I do not know how to come to a demographic conclusion like that (more good people...than any time in history), but we know for sure that for quite a number of years, we as a global community would have a larger number of older people with increasing challenging to all communities regarding their care, health-needs, affordable housing, making them continue to feel and be useful to society at large! Resources including fiscal resources are limited, even for so called affluent nations so society would continue to have to do intelligent reprioritisation so that everyone remains happy! And reasonably healthy!! :-)

Return to “General Discussion”