looking for help with stuff

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

coboda

looking for help with stuff

Post by coboda » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:04 pm

i am still trying to learn my way around here and some things i just don't understand. can anyone tell what a "blog" is? appreciate any help i can get with anything on here...even if i may already know it, always nice to know theres someone ready to help.  Thanks again.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:33 pm

Well...blog is a kind of your own "newspaper" or thoughts you want to share with the rest of the community.

So when you start your own blog..you get a singel "page" where you can post your mood and we can give you input if you open for that.

Hope this explain some of it :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:13 am

Yeah, Rhutobello has said I think just about all that could be said about the Blog, If you have anymore questions let us know we'll try to help you.

BLACKCAT

Post by BLACKCAT » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:49 am

hello,

you might try going into other's blog's and looking around a bit. it might help. u can create a blog, if you like.
it's kinda like your own little space. i have been posted everything from being happy to losing my mind. :smt101  
you'll find your way around, trust me in no time u'll be a pro.
feel free to post replies to stuff that interests u. we won't bite  :smt018

blackcat

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:42 pm

Is blog kind of like keeping a journal?  Or can it be a bit like posting articles that make sense to your own journey?  Or perhaps a combination of both?

pranay

Post by pranay » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:21 pm

its maybe a combination of both....or more like an online diary...

you know just pen down ur feelings,etc on the blog and share stuff with ur friends...

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Who needs a Blog when you've got a forum.

pranay

Post by pranay » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:40 pm

yaa...but a bliog sounds more personal...

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:59 pm

It can't personal if everybody on the net can read it.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:51 pm

This is an interesting take on this topic.  The reason...recently a past friend decided to explode all over the net (in blogs, in message boards she had not attended in the past (her comment...they were not educated and interesting) in sites all over the place)  Every message was a tirade on her 'perceived' idea of what was actually done to her.  

There were 2 situations that needed to be addressed (neither of which is mentioned, addressed, nor responsibility taken for her part) and I was the one to do it.  So now I am the bad guy all over the place...it truly is public.  I even sent one blog on my own that said we have to be responsible for what we say, it just may come back to 'haunt' us.  Her responses to that particular thought was it was all true and she would stand by her words....but it was so venemous a mutual friend said they had to quit reading anything she posted!

A mutual friend said last night...we have to keep our words sweet, we just may end up eating them.  LOL

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:04 pm

Yes..your post show an important issue....who is responsible for such "venomous" post.
The poster for sure, but they can be so "blindet" by "anger" that they don't see or understand the damage they do.
So the biggest responsiblility lay in the hands of the "site" "blog" owner, who have editor responsibility.

So we better start read all those blog poststings....so yes keep them sweet :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:07 pm

As blogs seem to be such a personal place, I am surprised to learn that the moderator can delete them.  So much for computer dumb, here!  LOL

There was a thread someone started about job hunting and they were surprised and worried to find that a prospective employer was in the habit of googling the person and examining any blogs they had produced.  WOW!  keep it sweet folks!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:23 pm

Well...I haven't the power so you are safe from me :) :)

But I have read several news articles about people who harass neighbours on blogs...and where the site owner have been reprimand for allowing it.

For me it's quiet evident that if someone give someone an opertunity to " talk" to the public...then the owner of the space must also show that wariness not to allow everything to be posted.....just like in newspaper radio and so on.
Even ISP are from time to time blamed for trafic that goes true their net....and which is far more difficult to see.

But if we look at the bright side...this site may not attract people of such character that they need to be moderatet :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:43 pm

And regardless of our anger, we need to know it is our own personal responsibility what we do with it.  Anger or emotionalism of any kind does not give license to abuse of self or others.

pranay

Post by pranay » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:13 pm

so true wat ull both just said....we are responsible for every action we take....

and that prospective employer thing u said scares me....i hope i have not wittne anything i shudnt have...lol!!

Return to “General Discussion”