Everyone Please Define.

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Vishwas
Site Admin

Everyone Please Define.

Post by Vishwas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 am

I want everyone, irrespective of professional, amatuer, novice, student or hobbiest or just here to learn generally, any of the divination forms or spiritual beliefs, to define what they mean by "Destiny", "Fate", "Karma", "Soul".

You are free to add anyother words which you want to define if you feel it is important in context to these words.

But plz remember that what ever you post as the defienation will be discussed by others & other members may even challenge your view, but please do post your view, because we all can learn, grow & evolve if we can express our views & healthily discuss it to get the best results.

PGK

Everyone please defne

Post by PGK » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:34 pm

Fate - lessons to be learned in this lifetime in order to progress

Karma - outcome of response to lessons presented in previous lifetimes.

Destiny - Potential in the light of the above.

Soul - Essence/inner being

pranay

Post by pranay » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:05 pm

Soul-ur inner self

Destiny-the life set up for you

Karma-the sum of your good deeds

Fate-similiar to destiny

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:13 pm

I guess my definitions are not unconventional, but that is why I'm here.  To broaden my horizons and learn how I can be a more productive participant in the universe.

Destiny - Something we were meant for, to do, or to experience.

Fate - The result of a situation or outcome of decisions made.

Karma - the cyclical pattern of sending and recieving good or bad energy.

Soul - what makes you - you.  The energy that inhabits your body and makes you unique.

pranay

Post by pranay » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:17 pm

BLouise wrote:Karma - the cyclical pattern of sending and recieving good or bad energy.
thats exactly wat i wanted to say!

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm

I guess my definitions are not unconventional, but that is why I'm here.  To broaden my horizons and learn how I can be a more productive participant in the universe.

Soul - what makes you - you.  The energy that inhabits your body and makes you unique.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:49 pm

Destiny is a path that is already determined.
Fate is a consequence of our life, already determined.
Karma is a cause and effect (natural law).  How we live our life, has results to the future of our soul (some believe it is related to reincarnation...but it can apply to future no matter what that may be to each of us.)
Soul is a part of our being that is coloured by all our experiences and grows and flouishes.  (I see it like a seed planted in nature...human nature....that is nurtured by our lives and grows to full blossom of our own inidividuality).  soul = breath according to one definition and that makes it invisible but necessary.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:55 pm

Destiny
1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune.  
2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.  
3. the power or agency that determines the course of events.  
4. this power personified or represented as a goddess.  

FATE
1. something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind.  
2. the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time: Fate decreed that they would never meet again.  
3. that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny: Death is our ineluctable fate.  
4. a prophetic declaration of what must be: The oracle pronounced their fate.  
5. death, destruction, or ruin.  

Please read EST April 2006 for more on the subject

Rather than giving a definition I just post a story from Bhagavad Gita

LAW OF KARMA

Hastinapur King Dhritarashtra once during an interview with Lord Krishna queried.
Hey Yadava Chief Lord Krishna.
Talking about Karmas.
I know about my four previous Births.
During which I have never done any such misdeed.
That I should have been born blind in this life.

Lord Krishna had to show King Dhritarashtra his previous 100 births. In the pre-100th Birth.Dhritarashtra as a Young princely boy playing with other prince-boys on a lakeside ground. Being greatly annoyed/disturbed by grasshoppers in their play, the young prince had torn off the eyes of a grasshopper that had landed on him,(by plucking the Eye-stickers) rendering the grasshopper blind .And so the Karmic reactions descended upon King Dhritarashtra after 100 Births.

Now seven generations being about 200 years.
One may well calculate the time period involved to be about 2800-2900 years.
It took so long a period of time for the punishment to have taken effect.
This is just an instance given.

The time period(s) may vary in case-to-case basis, from individuals, to groups to masses.
As Dharmaraja's officials need to very intricately work out the specific events in future along with the Karmic accounts of the souls involved and their Karmic accounts.

Soul  
1. the principle of life. , feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans or any living being  as distinct from the physical part.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Everyone Please Define.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:25 pm

Soul is the child that is interacting with the video game of reality (creation and human experience) through the joy-stick of kriyaman karma which then chooses the algorithms in the subprogram called prarabdha which remembers past performances of the child, earlier plays and modifies the current game through an artificial intelligence sub sub program routine called fate which is created by a programmer called destiny.

During the game, the child (soul) gets so involved (who wouldn't with such incredible graphics and sound effects!) but when the game is over, there is really no effect on the child for nothing in the virtual reality of the game of life can really touch it, destroy it, cut it, burn it --- etc.!

RR

[quote="Vishwas"]I want everyone, irrespective of professional, amatuer, novice, student or hobbiest or just here to learn generally, any of the divination forms or spiritual beliefs, to define what they mean by "Destiny", "Fate", "Karma", "Soul".

You are free to add anyother words which you want to define if you feel it is important in context to these words.

But plz remember that what ever you post as the defienation will be discussed by others & other members may even challenge your view, but please do post your view, because we all can learn, grow & evolve if we can express our views & healthily discuss it to get the best results.[/quote]

enchantedelf

Post by enchantedelf » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:31 pm

BLouise wrote:I guess my definitions are not unconventional, but that is why I'm here.  To broaden my horizons and learn how I can be a more productive participant in the universe.

I agree with the above - and it's stated much better than I could have :)  I would only change the Fate one a little to say The results of actions that lead us further on the path of our Destiny.

nehakad

Post by nehakad » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:15 pm

i m having knowledge of all topics a little bit and want to discuss my querries with experts. i have gone through many books, many horoscopes, many palm readings,sun signs and many more things but till now i cant rely on any thing with certainity. myself is a science student so need proof to convince myself. really want to know is there ne thing, ne person who can tell me about me who i m & what is my future with certainity or all predictions are only chance factor. D.O.B.   16-8-76   T.O.B. 6.00AM     P.O.B.  HISSAR(HARYANA)

AutumnMoonWicca

Post by AutumnMoonWicca » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Destiny - What is already set in motion to happen

Fate - The result of what will happen

Soul - Our innersleves

Karma - The negative and possitive energies that surround us, and are carried with us through out each life

zomora

soul,karma, fate, destiny.

Post by zomora » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:24 am

Soul, there is a being within my body, it is older then this world, and it was created before this world was.

And even may lived else were, the journey is about mortality, and learning what it feels like to be human.

Karma: everything in balance what you give out you get back three fold, but not always. There are things done which you need to do the balance is for judgement after this life, and sense your the judge you'll know the judgement because it is the way of things.

fate is at best a really bad feeling kind of thing you can go to your fate with the understanding that your choices in life are preset for you. Or at least thats my take it.

Destiny and no its not the group, It is the reward for the positive or negative that you've done in life is it like fate no at least i don't think so. But hay I could be dead wrong on this anyway. :smt003 , :smt005

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:20 pm

me too!    :smt007

Ms_Guided Angel

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Fate - What is meant to be will be.

Destiny - The path you are predetermined to take in life's journey.

Karma - What goes around comes around.

Soul - Who you are - body/mind/spirit altogether.

Return to “General Discussion”