amazing

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:17 am

I'll have to agree with you both on this, but sometimes I look for the truth in people to see it they are a believer or not, and to be honest with you there are some that are and others who aren't believers, you'll find that most often if a priest were to join this kind of group they wouldn't believe a thing that is said here because they only believe in the Bible and nothing else, because to the priest the Bible is the only truth.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:08 pm

Yes, true Samson.

Even if a belief can help a person, a strong belief might narrow his/her view of life.

It's a "kind of funny" When the mob wanted to stone the whore and Jesus put herself in front of her and said (the way I rememberd) "let the one without sin throw the first stone"

Somehow this line is not something a "believer" remember....I have the feeling they throw stones on all that don't agree with them and don't look to much on their own sin :)

AutumnMoonWicca

Post by AutumnMoonWicca » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:47 pm

Our past lives are the reason why we are learning the lessons in this life, and if we don't get it right this time, we will learn it in the next

pranay

Post by pranay » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:22 pm

so the cycle continues till we learn our lessons??

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:43 pm

That is exactly how it is, if you don't learn the lesson in this life then you'll learn it in the next, and so it goes on until you have learnt the lesson.

Kelcie

Post by Kelcie » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:50 am

I agree truth is changing in the manifest.  There are no absolutes because each time our perception changes so does our truth.  It brings to mind  what William Blake says
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is: Infinite. This I shall do by printing in the infernal method by corrosives, which in Hell are salutary and medicinal, melting apparent surfaces away, and displaying the infinite which was hid.
Living in the moment for me helps us to use less perception when viewing the world that we live in.  More often than not we will see things as if they were new and the wonder and awe of it all is so much more gratifying then seeing them with perception.  We always make our minds up that this is that and that is this because we are basing what we view, on things gone past, paradigms, beliefs etc and on experiences gone past then.

Cleansing ourselves of this will make life much more fulfilling.  It will empty our minds leaving room for the true nature of ourselves to present itself in whatever manner it decides. Since it is infinite there are myriad ways in which it can come to the fore.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:33 pm

Many opinions were offered and I read through them all.  To enter the thread required I define my position which I felt I did...I am not a reincarnationist.  I will elaborate...I have worked in and with spirit for so long now and see something different in progress than the theories presented.  I am right for me!  I am not converting nor trying to...just putting in how I see it!

Even the reincarnationists I have spoke with suggest that the most important aspect of life and learning is the NOW!  The more we can keep our attention to this life and not make excuses re: past, future, lives...the more we learn and grow.  Be in the NOW!  That thought comes from many sources.

I do not expound what has been written...I read and absorb if it is useful...reject if it is not for me (right now).  So when opinions are raised they come from the heart and experience.  I have learned so much from spirit contact that cannot be sourced on earth that it would be hard to decide if I read it or where it came from in my understanding.

God bless, J

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:59 pm

I'm not out to condemn anyones beliefs, we are all allowed to our own opinions in everything that is said, there some who have strong feelings about the subjects that are posted here and then we have some who don't, I myself get a lot of my input from the help of the other side, I don't know how to explain this to make it any more sence to you, and if you are wondering how I know this, well that's what I don't know how to explain, I just know this.  I've been getting this kind of information for a very long time now even well before I came to this forum site, I feel that I didn't come across this site by accident, I believe it was ment to be.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:52 pm

My thought...don't question anyone for their source...if it resounds as truth, accept or reject on that basis.  If you have a skill to receive from spirit, be assured so do many others.  That is the truth that keeps us grounded and centred.  We are only as special as our own talents, skills, abilities...spirit input is available to all.

vahte

Post by vahte » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:22 pm

i saw many people in this thread talk about    

"if you don't learn the lesson in this life then you'll learn it in the next, and so it goes on until you have learnt the lesson."

what is the lesson that we have to learn? if we cant remember or recollect what we were in past life, then how can we remember the lessons that we learnt in past life?how will u know that u learnt ur lessons? what happens to u after u learn ur lessons

i could never deny or agree with reincarnation. i think its like believing in ghosts. u know that there is ghost from others account but cant believe in them unless u experience on ur own.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:07 am

vahte wrote:i saw many people in this thread talk about    

"if you don't learn the lesson in this life then you'll learn it in the next, and so it goes on until you have learnt the lesson."

what is the lesson that we have to learn? if we cant remember or recollect what we were in past life, then how can we remember the lessons that we learnt in past life?how will u know that u learnt ur lessons? what happens to u after u learn ur lessons

i could never deny or agree with reincarnation. i think its like believing in ghosts. u know that there is ghost from others account but cant believe in them unless u experience on ur own.

Good point vahte~

Also nice to meet you~!!  :smt006

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:52 pm

the lessons are the mistakes we made in our previous births.
It is in our subconscious and our spirit knows it...
thats why they say meditate and find ur inner self...
after u learn ur lessons ur spirit is finally free and combines with the higher power

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:15 pm

How do you know this Pranay?

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:30 pm

i have been looking up past lives and reincarnation...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:51 pm

If you don't know the problem, you can't find the solution!  Its kind of that simple!  But then I don't believe we go life to life trying to fit some kind of pattern.

I am going to turn this around....each of us a child of God and as such we fit in the plan...just as we are.  The spiritual lessons we learn help to design the puzzle piece that fits the whole.  It takes all ofus to make the picture complete.  

The lessons in this life are the talents, skills, abilities within our own consciousness and our ability to make them shine to the best of our ability.  We are each like a diamond in the rough with many facets...the more facets we polish, the more we shine.  Pierre Teilhard de Chardin said it thus:  We are not a human being having a spiritual experience.  We are a spiritual being having a human experience.

And in that experience is the growth of the soul...the part that is in the plan and mosaic.

Return to “General Discussion”