Christmas, how do you celebrate it?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:35 pm

Spiritalk, why is it so hard for you at Christmas, you shouldn't have to do anything, your children should be giving you Christmas, not the other way around and if they wont to do that then what does it mean to them for there Mom to do everything. When my parents were alive they never had to do anything for Christmas, we did it all, shouldn't that be same where you are.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 pm

My family provides all kinds of celebrations for us.  It isn't about where so much as who.  There are some major splits in our family and no holiday can mend those fences.

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:50 am

Spiritalk, I'm sure there is something that can help with the differences that there are, to make it a little more joyous for you over this time.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:36 pm

Its at the top of my prayer list!

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:53 pm

You sound like a real good Mom to have Spiritalk, I just can't understand your family.

Barbi

Holiday

Post by Barbi » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:27 pm

We spend it at home with usually just our family and a few friends for dinner on Chistmas night, I have a son who is handicapped and so he still believes in Santa (but really who doesn;t) lol so it is always a big deal. Actually to him every holiday or even ones that he thnks should be like St Paddys day he wants a gift. LOL he keeps things interesting.

marleencanada

Post by marleencanada » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:05 pm

CHRISTMAS ! ISN'T THAT A WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR? WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS BY STAYING HOME WITH OUR 3 BOY'S AND BY SHARING PRESENTS, LAUGHTER, LOT'S OF LOVE, FOOD, DON'T WE ALL LOVE THAT ,. AND MOSTLY JUST APPRECIATING ALL FOR WHAT WE HAVE.  THIS TIME OF YEAR NOT ALL CAN SPEND LOTS OF MONEY ON PRESENTS, BUT WE CAN ALL JUST SHOW LOVE. IT IS A TIME FOR FOR US TO JUST SHOW HOW WE LOVE OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, OURSELFS, ETC....

MAY ALL OF YOU'S HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!!!  :smt007

Barbi

Christmas

Post by Barbi » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:24 am

I agree Christmas is a great time of year to get together with family and friends and just enjoy being together. There is just so much put on how much and how many presents can we buy or get.

whitebow

Allo

Post by whitebow » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:16 pm

My christmas will be a hard one this year 2006! My mom died on Dec 23 the first year already has passed so fast.Time seems to never end and the pain inside missing my mom so much.My mom was brave had cancer of rectum and slowly painful death my god still remember all of it.Christmas was my mom special time really she loved it snow, family, just being together.Tears come and go even typing this just makes my heart sad though the spirit is always there.I know my mom is better place now with her husband and my  mom and dad they can be together again.Maybe the christmas in heaven will be beautiful after all this hardship.Now cherish Chritmas for when you lose someone dear it's never the same.That is the way I'm feelng maybe in time will be easier and holidays will be happy again.Well that's all for now take care.
Bye :smt009

Nicole

Re: Holiday / ~*~Barbi~*~

Post by Nicole » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Barbi wrote:We spend it at home with usually just our family and a few friends for dinner on Chistmas night, I have a son who is handicapped and so he still believes in Santa (but really who doesn;t) lol so it is always a big deal. Actually to him every holiday or even ones that he thnks should be like St Paddys day he wants a gift. LOL he keeps things interesting.
Aww he sound sweet Barbi...

My son loves the hoiday's also.. 4TH Of July, omg~!! He's so fun to watch the fireworks.. He-He~!! He's going to be 13 Dec 8th.. He's Autistic on the mild side... Very fun child to have around.. I miss him so much while he's in school..

Nicole

Re: Allo

Post by Nicole » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:17 pm

whitebow wrote:My christmas will be a hard one this year 2006! My mom died on Dec 23 the first year already has passed so fast.Time seems to never end and the pain inside missing my mom so much.My mom was brave had cancer of rectum and slowly painful death my god still remember all of it.Christmas was my mom special time really she loved it snow, family, just being together.Tears come and go even typing this just makes my heart sad though the spirit is always there.I know my mom is better place now with her husband and my  mom and dad they can be together again.Maybe the christmas in heaven will be beautiful after all this hardship.Now cherish Chritmas for when you lose someone dear it's never the same.That is the way I'm feelng maybe in time will be easier and holidays will be happy again.Well that's all for now take care.
Bye :smt009
My prayers are with you.. I know just how you feel...
Smiling @ You~!!  :)

Ms_Guided Angel

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:41 pm

Christmas isn't always "The most wonderful time of the year" after all as it is portrayed in the media, etc.  Alot of you will be hurting this year due to the loss of loved ones.  I can't be excited about it as my sons have moved to live with their dad, this will be the second year with no boys home.  It just isn't the same for me anymore.  

From my childhoold memories, Christmas has always been about family, spending time together, sharing homemade gifts, singing, eating, eggnog, lightly falling snow (Romantic snow I call it now, lol!), the anticipation that Santa and the reindeer were coming sometime while we slept and ate our goodies left beside the fire.

Now I see people in crowded malls and carts piled high with expensive gifts that this society's kids will not likely appreciate and will never understand what the true meaning of Christmas really is....to me, it is sharing and giving the best of ourselves.  

This year I would like to take a trip to spend the holidays in a little cabin somewhere, tucked into the side of a mountain, cozy fireplace, long walks in the "Romantic snow" (if we get any!), good food, good wine, and a wish for world peace, as if.

Cheers

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:52 pm

Don't worry about it MS Guilded Angel your not the only one who will spend christman alone, I do this every year but not by choice I don't have family who I can share the time with.

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:16 pm

We have personally lost alot of family this year.I cannot allow myself to wallow in sadness because it would not honor those that have passed to the other frequency, they are watching me and depending on my to carry on in their stead, even when I was very alone myself I got up and baked or did things for others because it was something i felt i could do as a kindness to brighten someone elses time. There are a lot of people out there that are very alone and walking the same path, if even one person could connect and do something in the spirit of what the holiday is really about to help someone else...............its not like this earth couldn't use a little positive energy about now..........

No one has to be alone............sometimes not participating in life is a choice made that the individual person is not willing change..........life is about risk and chance and interaction with others.

I understand the position of grieving and trust issues, lonliness, lack of family etc. etc., if you let it rule your life then you will go nowhere, do nothing and be completely miserable, I dont think that that  is necessarily what our creator intended for any of us........all humans need human interaction at some point in time.........I dunno it breaks my heart to hearand see so many hurting souls out there............I for one will be thinking about all of you and hoping and praying for peace for you all .......

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:01 pm

Amen...very good..
We have started to put the breakes on in the way we celibrate Christmas and other "big days"

Our society have made those days to something all lonely people hate and fear.
We buy and buy...but are we more happy?

Some years ago my wife and I attended a group that care for hobos and other who live whitout home.
When you see their thanks, not so much in word, then you feel good....then you feel that you have done what Christmas, easter and other thing realy are. My wife attend this group 2 days a week...I only when free....but funny enough...it gives you energy.

Most Christmas celebration is who give most and who gives less...it's the Industry most presuated time....where is the Faith?

Return to “General Discussion”