remebering uneventful moments

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

BLACKCAT

remebering uneventful moments

Post by BLACKCAT » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:58 pm

i was wondering if anyone knows why we reflected on past times of our lives? like certain moments in time.
i am currently trying to be aware of little things in my life, like i will catch myself thinking about a certain time in my life, a specific moment. it not anything special, it's like a day i walked to school. I'll find myself there, again. just walking to school. is there a reason for this? i started to become aware that i have been doing this for years. and for some reason i find myself going back to that same moment, even thou there are different times i do this with in my life. i hope it's not to confusing, i think i confused myself. why is it such random, uneventful times in my life? i guess i would understand it more if something major had happened that day. i will say that i don't remember much of my childhood. great big gaps here and there. and the things that i do remember are the only things that i do this with. I'm not remembering anything new.
i think i don't remember my childhood because i was in my own little world. that's the best i can explain it. it's not because anything traumatic happened. well things did happen. like i drowned when i was two, and i almost died from spinal meningitis also when i was two. but i feel this has nothing to do with the fact i can't remember much.  you could describe me as a child that never knew what was going on around me. never knowing where i was suppose to be or what i was suppose to be doing.
so i guess what I'm asking is do you think these are just random memories, that don't mean anything? or is it happening for a reason? and does everybody do this? i wish i could describe it better, i just can't find the right words.

thanks,
blackcat

Nicole

Re: remebering uneventful moments

Post by Nicole » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:16 pm

BLACKCAT wrote:i was wondering if anyone knows why we reflected on past times of our lives? like certain moments in time.
i am currently trying to be aware of little things in my life, like i will catch myself thinking about a certain time in my life, a specific moment. it not anything special, it's like a day i walked to school. I'll find myself there, again. just walking to school. is there a reason for this? i started to become aware that i have been doing this for years. and for some reason i find myself going back to that same moment, even thou there are different times i do this with in my life. i hope it's not to confusing, i think i confused myself. why is it such random, uneventful times in my life? i guess i would understand it more if something major had happened that day. i will say that i don't remember much of my childhood. great big gaps here and there. and the things that i do remember are the only things that i do this with. I'm not remembering anything new.
i think i don't remember my childhood because i was in my own little world. that's the best i can explain it. it's not because anything traumatic happened. well things did happen. like i drowned when i was two, and i almost died from spinal meningitis also when i was two. but i feel this has nothing to do with the fact i can't remember much.  you could describe me as a child that never knew what was going on around me. never knowing where i was suppose to be or what i was suppose to be doing.
so i guess what I'm asking is do you think these are just random memories, that don't mean anything? or is it happening for a reason? and does everybody do this? i wish i could describe it better, i just can't find the right words.

thanks,
blackcat
I was always told if we can't remember things, it's because we blocked it out~? Am I wrong~? Cat I don't know really.. Would love to learn also about this.. I do it alot.. But I see things when I was very very young....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:10 pm

I find we go back to a peaceful time, when we don't peaceful.  Childhood held no heavy responsibilities.  Sometimes we can get overwhelmed by the ones that click in later.  

I would say...enjoy that carefree walk!  When you return, all will be the same, but much more in perspective!

BLACKCAT

Post by BLACKCAT » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:26 pm

ok,  i will be a good cat and try to do just that. but i still feel there's more behind it. thanks u guys.

blackcat

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:15 am

i guess there is a reason  behind everything.. maybe we will only realise it at the right instant.
swetha

Vishwas
Site Admin

Re: remebering uneventful moments

Post by Vishwas » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am

I don't really know what to say except agree with what swetha said.

But u aren't alone, many times I have had strange dreams, which involved my schools (3 different ones actually) & my friends & teachers, & some ppl whom I don't even know. There have been a lot of times when I have tried to refelct on my past (in this very present life), but I don't seem to remember anything (or very few things which I didn't want to remember at that time.)

Contrary to popular belief I didn't have a rosy childhood too, but I don't blame my parents for whatever happened to me.

I had a very severe bout of Febrile Convulsion, at the age of 2 till 7 or 8 (almost died twice). My daily life was a hell, & the continued medication daily made me either hyperactive or hypoactive, hyperexcitable or hypoexcitable, (eccentric actually, still hasn't left me), bedwetting (luckily not anymore), ADD (never diagonised), Short temper,  Dyssomnia (last 2 are still there), & couple of others which even I don't remember. On top of it, add two of the worst pairs of grandparents ever in the world (I am still trying to forgive them & forget everything, very difficult to do it) & some of the worst relatives in the world, & was lost in a crowd 2 times when I was very young. I don't remember anything about getting lost.

I was in my own little world too, but not by choice, I think all the neglect & pressure to perform & stress did make me more of an escapist.

Now I won't say that my childhood was the worst or more wore than anyone else, just that I was destined this way & it has happened, my parents tell me couple of things which they remember but my sister remembers our childhood a lot better than me.

So with all these facts also, I can't tell why I can't remember my life. I still think everything happens for a reason, & would like to know the reason. & I remember u saying something & I think it applies here too, for somereason, u are thinking about all this, & it is not something random, meaningless thing which is happening for no reason. & even I do think about all this, maybe all members will think I am more crazier or whatever. But I wish I could explain this in a much more clear & easy to understand way, or even describe what I feel in a better way, But I just don't seem able to do it, or as u said "I just can't find the right words."

Barbi

Rembering uneventful moments

Post by Barbi » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:54 am

I feel that maybe when I reflect or dream on one of these moments, there is a reason. When I am stressed or worried I always dream about being at the womens house that took care of me from the age of 5 to 12. With a little help I soon realized that I had felt safe there, so I know when it comes up either in a dream or thought I am overwhelmed or scared. She passed away when I was 13 but I know that she is still with me.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:24 pm

Our thoughts are like seeds we sow in the fertile ground of our lives.  We nurture them (fertilizer is challenge), we water them (water is our tears) and they blossom in their season.  Our biggest problem in life is we want to rush everything.  We do not want to take the time to 'allow life to unfold' as it will.

Return to “General Discussion”