Finding life's special purpose

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:08 pm

All faith is false, all faith is true:  Truth is the shattered mirror strewn in myriad bits, while each believes their tiny piece the whole to own.

Spiritalk, awesome quote and I agree with what it says and what you are saying.I have been searching all these years for all the pieces, which some people close to me think is impossible.But the love towards anyone else other than self is very strong all over the world and it saddens me at times. So my take on it is to ,start where your planted to care and love others around you and this is where i employ the pay it forward technique to help those I do not know that loveIS out there and give them a piece of hope that it is alive and well.It seems to work well for me as a tool to help others.I dont require hooplah or recognition for the things I do for others in the name of love and caring for mankind.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:06 pm

That's the secret...we can only do so much...so we start with self...and when we are full of love and harmony, we can show that, share that, and be that for others in our environment.  Saying a prayer for world peace helps, but its actions must start close to home.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:21 am

No Samson for me it has never been all about  "ME", it has always been about "EVERYONE".

I am an individual, & for me everything else apart from me is called as "EVERYONE" or "OTHERS" & for me it has always has been about "EVERYONE" or "OTHERS". As u gave me a new name "Worry Wart" I did realsise that I do worry a lotm, but mostly about others than me. & for me, my happiness is in seeing OTHERS HAPPY.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:23 am

As u said Gaelic, the pll always see their piece of faith, is more important than the other pieces of faith & also as that piece of faith is the whole faith.

I think we shoudl seriously try to get the good points of all these faith's (pieces) together, & then set them together to try to find & know the complete picture or faith.

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:51 am

Vishwas wrote:the pll always see their piece of faith, is more important than the other pieces of faith & also as that piece of faith is the whole faith.
Can you explain that?
Vishwas wrote:I think we shoudl seriously try to get the good points of all these faith's (pieces) together, & then set them together to try to find & know the complete picture or faith.
If by faith you mean religion or something similar, Akbar(the mughal king) had created a religion which comprised the good points of all religions, but it died with him...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:23 pm

Vishwas:  You will never make anyone else happy!  That is not your responsibility.  Everyone has to find their own happiness in life.  You can aid that search with suggestion, but it is still not your responsibility if they take it.  "You can lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink".

When we hang onto someone else's problems or pain, we end up taking away their personal responsibility to it.  And then, how will they grow through it?  And sometimes they are past the problem and you are still hanging on, because you don't have feedback on its status.

lanches

Post by lanches » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:29 pm

We tend to spend too much time worrying about our destiny in life.  I think in due time it is shown to us, we just have to be open and aware.  And sometimes we find our destiny by taking part in what interests us.  I haven't found my exact destiny, but I know I'm getting closer.  I want to help people too, and I've been told by many psychics that I'm a healer.  I know I have the gift of communication (I'm a Gemini) but I still haven't found my calling.  I don't worry so much about it anymore.  I know I'm a very spiritual person and one day I will be doing exactly what I was meant to do.  Don't worry so much about it!!  Good Luck!!

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:00 am

Vishwas take note what these people are saying, it's true and it makes a lot of sence.

Nicole

~*~spiritalk~*~

Post by Nicole » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:16 am

spiritalk wrote:Vishwas:  You will never make anyone else happy!  That is not your responsibility.  Everyone has to find their own happiness in life.  You can aid that search with suggestion, but it is still not your responsibility if they take it.  "You can lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink".

When we hang onto someone else's problems or pain, we end up taking away their personal responsibility to it.  And then, how will they grow through it?  And sometimes they are past the problem and you are still hanging on, because you don't have feedback on its status.
I know this post was a respond to Vishwas, Hi buddy~!!

Anyway, I'm going to embed this in my mind also. I spoke loud to me as well spiritalk... I aLways think I can help or save others. drives my nuts when I can't help anyone I care about.. I'm still dealing with guilt about my mom and ppl around me now trying to help them... I'm telling you it's coming in bulks~!! No one will do what they need to help them self's. I'm worn out worrying.. Just simple things.. example: Take your meds~!! did you eat today~? did you take your pills from am yet~?.. omg And they talk about me...lol While I was in NH, my sister in law's mother needs to go to the Doc's I was willing to take her the morning I was heading back to Maine.. She says no I will go later.. I knew she wouldn't.. she so sick. :-( I don't get it.. really I don't..How does one change when you've been like this as a young child.. I don't know how to... I'm Being honest...

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi Column 1,
I know how you feel.  I have the same feelings.  I agree with Nicole you just have to take it one day at a time.  I just try to open my eyes and see what is around me so that when the opportunity arises I won't miss it.  I also have to consider the fact that I am already doing what I am supposed to be doing right this very moment.  I had wondered at one time how I was supposed to do what I was meant to do when I had two small children to care for.  But now I realize that what I am suppose to be doing right now is caring for my two small children.  I think if you do what you love you will find what you are meant for.  I try to see opportunities to help people where I can, like take an elderly womans shopping cart for her or help someone gather something they have spilled, etc... It may be a meaningless task to you, but it might mean the world to someone else.  Just open yourself to possibilities and they will come to you :smt002
Hope this helps you :)

Lindah

Finding Life's purpose

Post by Lindah » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:06 pm

Changing the world is what most people would like to do, but in many ways its meant to be just as it is.  If there was not evil - then we wouldnt appreciate goodness, if there was no goodness then we would regard evil as a norm. Find the peace and harmony within yourself - that way in all your relationships it will spread and they in turn will spread this even further.  Because through you other people will realise something special through knowing you.  Forget about money as a value added asset to your life.  I know we all need to survive but look further.  If the value system in your socal neighbour hood is based on money - the house, vehicle, career then consider these people as empty souls.  

So is your soul empty or full?

Lindah

Nicole

Re: Finding Life's purpose

Post by Nicole » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:16 pm

Lindah wrote:Changing the world is what most people would like to do, but in many ways its meant to be just as it is.  If there was not evil - then we wouldnt appreciate goodness, if there was no goodness then we would regard evil as a norm. Find the peace and harmony within yourself - that way in all your relationships it will spread and they in turn will spread this even further.  Because through you other people will realise something special through knowing you.  Forget about money as a value added asset to your life.  I know we all need to survive but look further.  If the value system in your socal neighbour hood is based on money - the house, vehicle, career then consider these people as empty souls.  

So is your soul empty or full?

Lindah
Great point Lindah~!!
Mine is Full...   :)

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:55 pm

Hmm.... My soul is half full. But I am trying hard to fill it.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:14 pm

We won't ever stop caring about other people!  But we can stop trying to 'fix' them...that is their job!

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:06 am

Right on Spiritalk!

Return to “General Discussion”