Negative Minded

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

pranay

Negative Minded

Post by pranay » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:52 am

Do you think that being a pessimist is wrong? On a forum I saw this post about pessimists and the author of the post said he had started the thread because he wanted to talk about the important problems of today. And according to him pessimists are a problem.

I dont agree with him. What do you people think?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:09 pm

Well...the answer aren't easy to give...because we have different view on the name pessemist.

If you think on a person who is normal healty but have a very "negative" view on things, then I would say he need to change because he darken his daily life and also for those people around him.

If he on the other hand try to evaluate his view and his mind says no to a case approved by other, then he has a good case for himself, even if other people call him a pessemist because they believe in the oposite.

so you see...there is no  yes/no answer to your question...there are so many shades to take into account :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 pm

A true pessimist can never see a good side to ANY situation.  Every time anything is suggested they will find the negative approach.  An optomist, on the other hand, will always see the positive in any situation.  They are opposites.  

I would have to agree that there are many shades in between.  But it is important to body (health, wellbeing) mind (helath, wellbing) and spirit (growth) to try for optomism rather than pessimism is all things.

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:42 pm

but then, you cant like banish all pessimists and call them wrong...i mean its their viewpoint!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:48 pm

yes...we can never ban them...that's wrong....who is the one who carry the truth?...not me...

But we all have a task to help negative thinking people to change their way to see things....but to ban them is not helping any, you just transfer the problem to another person :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:03 am

There is no right way or wrong way to this, you can only try your best.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 pm

I don't thing that pessimism is wrong, but if someone can never see the good in things how can they be happy.  Always worrying that things will go the worst possible way is no way to live.  I feel sorry for those who can't see the good side.  Don't get me wrong I can be a pessimist at times.  It's hard to see "the bright side" when things are falling down around you, but it usually all works out in the end and I wonder why I was so negative.  
 Now if you are just exploring all possible options or outcomes of a situation then there is nothing wrong with that, but see the good possibilities as well as the bad.  I heard a saying that went "expect the worst and you will never be disappointed" but that is such a sad way to live.  I think if you dwell on the bad you are inviting it into your life, but if you concentrate on the good you bring good things into your life.  Acknowledge the bad, but don't dwell on it.

Just my thoughts :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:17 pm

Good point BLouise.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:30 pm

Thanks!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:36 pm

That which we fill our mind with (negative? positive?) we will manifest as our life.  It is the natural law of attraction.

athena6996

Post by athena6996 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:26 pm

A friend of mine is always being a pessimist. Of course he thinks that everything in his life is so much worse than everyone elses. He always has to "one up" someone while having a discussion. He has been my closest friend for years but I can't be around him all that much anymore. It becomes extremely annoying and makes me turn into a negative person when I am around him. Why do people have to be like that? Of course I am talking about a person whom I think is also a pathelogical liar as well. So there be some recourse in that as well.

pranay

Post by pranay » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:42 am

Well, you cant blame such people...its their nature. Sometimes, even I wonder, what makes them think so negative. But noanswer has satisfied me. All we can do is help them by making them understand their folly and talking at lenght with them abouth their "problem".

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:59 pm

We operate in all our experiences from either Love or Fear!  Which is negativity?  Which is positive?

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:04 am

spiritalk wrote:That which we fill our mind with (negative? positive?) we will manifest as our life.  It is the natural law of attraction.
I agree here.  I have just recently discovered the theory of the laws of attraction and am trying to impliment this into my life.

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:18 pm

What is this theory of laws of attraction?

Return to “General Discussion”