hi there

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

adrizim1

hi there

Post by adrizim1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:18 am

Are there any wiccas or believers in the old ways around here?
if you are a wicca, solitary or in a coven drop me a line....is always good to exchange informations
love
adri

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:22 am

hello Adri,
welcome to the board:)
i am sure u have come to the right place!!
swetha

Nicole

Re: hi there

Post by Nicole » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:24 am

adrizim1 wrote:Are there any wiccas or believers in the old ways around here?
if you are a wicca, solitary or in a coven drop me a line....is always good to exchange informations
love
adri
Hi adrizim,
Welcome to the group... I wished my hubby would join he's right up your ally.... There are alot of nice ppl on here you will meet I'm sure of it...
Glad to have yeah here~!!  :smt006

adrizim1

i'm sure i will

Post by adrizim1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 pm

I've been away from covens and groups for a while....
And because I’m asatrurian things are more complicated...........
I'm not sure if you guys know this but: Hitler used the Norse gods and the Arian race during the IIWW, so people look to asatrurians as if they were all Nazis.........
funny that my whole family is Jewish!!!!!
asatru is the oldest religions on earth.............and is all based in love, giving and respect...........
The gods are so interesting.......I could be talking about it forever........................
Most of the time to avoid arguments with people I just say that I’m a pagan.............
and here I guess I can feel free to be what I’m............
love
adri
(if you have any questions about asatru please ask away, will be my pleasure to answer)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:13 pm

Yes knowledge is to unite people

delusion or ignorance is what makes war.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Welcome to the board, I hope you find what you are looking for here.  I am not Wiccan, but I guess I can be considered Pagan since I don't believe in the more widely accepted religions.  I'm at a stage of self exploration and I'm not sure where I fit in.  Not sure if I believe in diety of any kind at the moment, but I remain open minded.  That is what brought me to this board.  I'm trying to educate myself on the metephisical arts right now and trying to see what fits me and what doesn't.  I would love to hear more about asatru.

athena6996

Post by athena6996 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:32 pm

I am a fellow Wiccan. I have actually sent you a private message. Welcome to the board. I am sure that you will meet plenty more wiccans. I have been a Wiccan for several years and have been very blessed with having a husband who isn't a wiccan but supports me no matter what. I can't say the same for the rest of my family.

adrizim1

i will...............

Post by adrizim1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:26 pm

i love what you wrote...........
and trust me that is probably the right way to do things......see what fits you....we are humans and this give us the free will........you do not have to chose one religion you can be free.......
i'll send you a couple of good links about asatru...i hope that they can help you to find your path.........
http://www.asatru.org/
http://www.webcom.com/~lstead/RKAPrinciples.html (here you will find a bit about the believes)
http://www.irminsul.org/as/asr.html
if you want some more info please feel free to ask....and i will try to guide you as well as i can...i'm sorry if i can't write the info myself and i have to direct  you to links, but there is an old believe that no wicca, asatrurian or pagan should ever try to pass their believes, once that many years ago (inquisition an pre inquisition) all the info that i would hand to you could cause your grief.........
be good
and keep searching
love
adri

adrizim1

hi athena

Post by adrizim1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:40 pm

My husband is not a believer as well but he gives me as much space to be who I’m........
My son is 4 years old and I’m slowly introducing him to the Norse gods..........
So far he loves Thor.............I guess is the hammer thing :)
my family was never a problem my mother always knew that is was somehow connected to another plan that my siblings where.......they actually make fun of me most of the time..........but I guess that is part of my life choice......
Some people are afraid, some are just curious; some laugh many people stop talking to me as soon as they find out that I’m not part of a conventional church..........
but I do live my life.......I love and I try never judge people.........I respect their believes and whish them light and peace.........

that is the best that we can do..........whish to your family light and happiness.......I know that it is hard......but nothing is easy in the path the we are..........many people think that we are all old and cripple and we can cast spells and cause harm...............

But hey........look at the funny side of things.........and use their ignorance as your amusement...........

tons of love
adri

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Seems you have arrived at the right place :)

I am not a believer of anything of what you have listed (because I never have study it) but I can nod on all your points.

We have had some discussions on the subject belief and most of us can agree on 1 thing (or maybe several :) ) :
But the most important is: (at least for me)
No one has the truth, so we must allow all beliefs as long as they stay inside societys norm of behaviour.

I also like that you post the links instead of copy and paste, this give us all an opertunity to investigate. :)

You asked where I came from in the high North..."From the gate to the Fjords" and then it shall say "ping" The beautiful Bergen" :)

Good luck here on the site...I think you will find many friends here :)

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 am

Thank you for the info. I will definately check it out :)

Return to “General Discussion”