I WOULD LIKE YOUR INPUT

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Channel-of-Truth

I WOULD LIKE YOUR INPUT

Post by Channel-of-Truth » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:11 am

Hello, All.

For those interested in astrology, I'd like to know what your thoughts are to the following questions:

1. What is it that YOU find to be of most value in astrology, now (in the present)?

2. What you would like to see more of or have written about it in the future?  

3. If there was an astrologer who could cater to and answer any life-pressing issue in your life (in EXACT detail) - and help you come up with the most foolproof strategies to succeed - what would he/she be able to do?  

4. What would you expect (or what would be your expectations) with respect to the value and benefits you seek to gain from astrological services performed or literature written?  

5. What are you most dissatisfied with in astrological readings, literature, or the field in general?

6. What has caused the most confusion to your understanding or acceptance of certain ideas or practices in the astrological field?

7. In what particular manner or field would YOU like to see astrology applied in the future (whether now existent or not)?

Vishwas
Site Admin

Re: I WOULD LIKE YOUR INPUT

Post by Vishwas » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:31 pm

1. What is it that YOU find to be of most value in astrology, now (in the present)?

The ability to understand a person better, & the ability to find his plus points & minus points & try to work on those plus points & to work on minimising their minus points, for his/her improvement & betterment in life.

I would like it to be more precise, more easier for everyone to understand, more easily accessiable for everyone, without the frauds ofcourse.

3. If there was an astrologer who could cater to and answer any life-pressing issue in your life (in EXACT detail) - and help you come up with the most foolproof strategies to succeed - what would he/she be able to do?  

U mean the person who is getting the reading, then that person must try to integrate it into his plan of things to be done & work it accordingly for the best results. But u must have the belief, the hope & must work hard for it.

If u mean the person who is doing the reading, then that person is a great human being, born to help ppl.

4. What would you expect (or what would be your expectations) with respect to the value and benefits you seek to gain from astrological services performed or literature written?  

As I said, more clearer, more easier for everyone to understand, more ways to help ppl out of the problems they have, more ways to help ppl overcome the bad characteristics they have inherited by the chart, & being more serious about the subject, trying to eradicate all the frauds, & making a effort to get this to more ppl around the world.

5. What are you most dissatisfied with in astrological readings, literature, or the field in general?

Most ppl are frauds or do readings & tell stories about ur problems to just extract more money from the person who wants a reading. the literature is mostly inconsistent, the ppl who write them are mostly contradicting each other, instead of really researching it & finding a way to improve the findingd & ways to get the maximum benefit out of all this.

6. What has caused the most confusion to your understanding or acceptance of certain ideas or practices in the astrological field?

Inconsistency in the readings.

7. In what particular manner or field would YOU like to see astrology applied in the future (whether now existent or not)?

Health, education, carrer, predictions of natural or unnatural calamities to warn the ppl in advance, improvement of lifestyle, eradicating the problems faced by the world, General welfare of the ppl, cities, villages, states & countries.

I am still a kid to many ppl, so many ppl may agree with what I have said or not (I don't mean u shaun), but I don't mind, this is my views & I have stated them.

Channel-of-Truth

Post by Channel-of-Truth » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:19 am

Hello, Vishwas.

Thank you for your participation.  It's good to be speaking with you, again.

Those things you mentioned are the very reasons why I posted this message.  I’ve noticed (and been bothered by) them for quite sometime, now.  I wanted to hear how others felt about the field of astrology in general – without necessarily mentioning or giving clue to the exact (and many) variations and inconsistencies therein (but allowing one’s thoughts and expressions to be open-ended, or self-extracted).  There seems to be little done in the matter of bringing these issues to the forefront and taking proactive actions to correct them.  Hence, it’s time for change - not only with respect to the level of accuracy and consistency but also with respect to the ETHICS involved in delineated any human being's horoscope; - undergoing any serious research; or making any reliable predictions or forecast of events.  The idea of rational proofs (via horoscope testing and verification, consistency and repeatability among peers delineating horoscopes for any one human being, etc., etc.) is something that is seriously lacking in the astrological community.  

I will get more into this at a later date.  For now, I just wanted to bring up the subject with regard to astrological practices and find out what others’ honest thoughts were on the matter in terms of accuracy, consistency and satisfaction.  

Will talk soon,

Shaun

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:17 pm

Ans:-Only time reading.

Ans:- the valuations of time.

Ans:-God

Ans:- Going to near and near of God.

Ans:-If any person says that he will remove the faults of the life,by selling his stones and ideas.

Ans:-Stars are Gods of physical world,we are like a passengers and everyone in journey,by the astrology,can sugest the map of life,but can not force to make order to go,when anybody not want to know the way of life,and want to spend his life with khana,Peena,Chodanaa,duniya mai teen tatwa it is living like a animal.

Ans:-If anybody declairs that he is a astrologer,there are all subjects must to make predictions.

Ramendra Singh Bhadauria
Jaipur

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:20 pm

The more Kowledge of ourselves we can glean, the more tools we have to enhance our own body, mind, spirit.

Astrology is an intricate network of energies and it is always good to hear how they interact with one another.

We are all human beings in inperfection.  No one has all the answers.  The stars and planets give indications, as with all symbols and signs in life.

Insight into self.

Generalizations arise when trying to reach too many people.  Then the information is watered down.

How to apply all these energies.

The more astrology (as a whole) indicates the workings of the body, mind, spirit, the more it is acceptable as a tool to change for the individual.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:11 pm

My answers embedded below after the questions:

[quote="Channel-of-Truth"]Hello, All.

For those interested in astrology, I'd like to know what your thoughts are to the following questions:

RR: The ability to view and analyze and understand reality from a very different perspective, kind of like a second take which often gives new insights, opens up new paths, new ways of tackling reality.

RR: I would like people to study more charts and write less!

RR: In nearly 40 years I have not come across such an individual (using only astrology and not psychic powers and sadhna etc which vary from one day to another, are sensational but not consistent), I consider such questions hypothetical and not serving any useful purpose! Other than developing one's imagination! Writing poetry can do that more efficiently ;-)

RR: growth, I hope!

RR: Lack of sincerity and a defensiveness that astrologers and astrophiles feel which makes them less likely to share experiences and facts openly and with no evasiveness. Closed clubs therefore become the only venues for such open and frank sharing! It is SAD.

RR: More than confusion, this has caused a sense of awe and wonderment and a clear sense of there being a Bigger Intelligence behind all of this divination business! People using different techniques, different ayanamshas and zodiacs and what not, end up with the same answer! And yet they close their minds and eyes from the obvious and keep beating their little tin-pots and insist that their school alone is the chosen one and their teacher is the only Messiah! SAD!!

RR: Standardization so that there can be comparable research, free service to all, subsidized by rich people or governments, and i would like everyone to become astrology aware, if not become experts. Medicine has become more responsible with the patients/consumers knowing more about their health. Same must happen in astrology so that astrologers who put two rahus in charts by mistake can just graze over their mistakes by some fantastic explanations (example taken from a story in KN Rao's books).

RR

[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:11 pm

My answers embedded below after the questions:

[quote="Channel-of-Truth"]Hello, All.

RR: The ability to view and analyze and understand reality from a very different perspective, kind of like a second take which often gives new insights, opens up new paths, new ways of tackling reality.

RR: I would like people to study more charts and write less!

RR: In nearly 40 years I have not come across such an individual (using only astrology and not psychic powers and sadhna etc which vary from one day to another, are sensational but not consistent), I consider such questions hypothetical and not serving any useful purpose! Other than developing one's imagination! Writing poetry can do that more efficiently ;-)

RR: growth, I hope!

RR: Lack of sincerity and a defensiveness that astrologers and astrophiles feel which makes them less likely to share experiences and facts openly and with no evasiveness. Closed clubs therefore become the only venues for such open and frank sharing! It is SAD.

RR: More than confusion, this has caused a sense of awe and wonderment and a clear sense of there being a Bigger Intelligence behind all of this divination business! People using different techniques, different ayanamshas and zodiacs and what not, end up with the same answer! And yet they close their minds and eyes from the obvious and keep beating their little tin-pots and insist that their school alone is the chosen one and their teacher is the only Messiah! SAD!!

RR: Standardization so that there can be comparable research, free service to all, subsidized by rich people or governments, and i would like everyone to become astrology aware, if not become experts. Medicine has become more responsible with the patients/consumers knowing more about their health. Same must happen in astrology so that astrologers who put two rahus in charts by mistake can just graze over their mistakes by some fantastic explanations (example taken from a story in KN Rao's books).

RR

[/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”