8%
Other ( tell us wish)
19%
NONE.
16%

Total votes: 37

Tish

Post by Tish » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Thanks!  That's it, I'm in there & counted!  Anybody else .... ?

:smt020

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:41 pm

Yes...I beleive my vote was in that area.. :)

MaMilke

Post by MaMilke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi,
Actually Tish...

Here in Brazil we are now having more than only spiritism, spiritism and catholicism mixed themselves and formed another religion thats quite famous here its Umbanda/Candomble I dont know if it has another name in english but thats how we call in portuguese, if you can see about it or maybe if you visit Brazil you should see them, they have really interesting rituals, their gods (orixas) get in the body of some people and they act as the "god" do, its strangely interesting, it worth a view.

Tish

Post by Tish » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Wow!  I've never heard of that but it sounds fascinating!

:smt006

KitchenWitch

A Kitchen Witch?

Post by KitchenWitch » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:30 am

Often a kitchen witch is a solitary witch whose magick tends to focus in the kitchen via the growth and use of herbs, the making of potions and charms, and basically using whatever tools are at hand to create a sacred space at the center of the home.  A kitchen witch isn't necessarily from any particular tradition, so my own practice has many different influences.

MaMilke

Re: A Kitchen Witch?

Post by MaMilke » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:58 pm

KitchenWitch wrote:Often a kitchen witch is a solitary witch whose magick tends to focus in the kitchen via the growth and use of herbs, the making of potions and charms, and basically using whatever tools are at hand to create a sacred space at the center of the home.  A kitchen witch isn't necessarily from any particular tradition, so my own practice has many different influences.
Wow thats nice, how about you teaching us some recipe of such? maybe a potion of some kind you thing it would be good for us all? Why dont you teach us something new?

b y e

Tish

Post by Tish » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:10 pm

:)   Thanks for the explanation, KitchenWitch!  Sounds like fun.

MazsBR:  I was wondering, are Chico Xavier's books still circulating?  I much remember reading about him.  Apparently a few of his books were translated into English, and I tried some years ago to get hold of a couple via an "out-of-print books" supplier, but with no luck.  "Mechanisms of Mediumship" is one I was after, the title of the other I've forgotten.  Sadly I don't read Portuguese (or speak it!) so only an English translation would have been of any help!

KitchenWitch

You'd like a potion?

Post by KitchenWitch » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:46 am

Oh, then I've got an excellent potion for you.  It's guaranteed to make your evening happier.  

2 ceramic mugs
2 packages instant hot chocolate
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tea-kettle hot water
milk to taste

Empty one package of hot cocoa into each mug.  Pour hot water into the mugs, and stir each mug with one of the cinnamon sticks.  Add milk if desired.  For full impact, make potion in the presence of your best friend.  Drink one mug, and give the other to your friend.  

::winks:: A potion can be anything, as long as you know the properties of what goes into it.  In this case, the active ingredient is friendship.

MaMilke

Post by MaMilke » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:01 am

Hahaha Great recipe! I think I will have 100 of those! Very simbolistic the wink you put, in someways drinking such "potion" would be bad alone, its great to have company.
And I still can see some books of Chico Xavier of course only in portuguese --.--"", I know thats bad but if you want I can translate it, but will take more than a month with the time im having... you know the most interesting thing in Chico Xavier spirit is that the person that recieve his spirit doesn't know any of his words and just write them and when you ask such person the meaning of them you see that he doesn't know ( this proves that person recieve such spirits, you see even that the scholarship of him is zero). But maybe if you enter in contact with the company that makes the book maybe they will find a way to print one for you, if you want I can look it for you.

pranay

Post by pranay » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:00 pm

Cinnamon sticks are difficult out here. But I am dying to try this out!

searlait

Post by searlait » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:04 pm

I am a solitary witch.

Searlait

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Looks like not many people have taken the poll.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:38 pm

There was a friendship bread circulating in my environment once.  You get a small piece of unbaked bread and cook it up for yourself.  At the same time, after the bread has risen, you reserve some to pass along as a friendship bread for others.

MaMilke

Post by MaMilke » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:13 pm

Hmm... This poll didn't worked alot I think I will use my new idea tomorrow this poll im sure might have a good number of votes,

/And that bread seems just like those e-mails that let me bored, "send to 10 people thatr you consider ur friend..." so anoyng but it might be better since someone can eat and this is a gain --.--''

pranay

Post by pranay » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:00 pm

Yeah those mails are so damn pissing off.

And  then you get those which say if you dont send it to blah blah people in blah blah time you will have bad luck for the rest of your life. If you do send it, the loev of your life will propose to you.

Sheesh!

Return to “General Discussion”