Music and Sound Research

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Illumination

Music and Sound Research

Post by Illumination » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:13 pm

Does anyone know of any really good books addressing sound research and brain waves?  Thanks!!!

Tish

Post by Tish » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:49 pm

This certainly sounds like something that ought to have been written about.  I was thinking earlier today about the effects of sound on mood, inner energy.  I get wonderful and amazing effects myself from music; in fact I was thinking about starting a thread asking what other people experience from this (energy from music).

But sorry, I haven't come across any books on the subject.

Illumination

Post by Illumination » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Thanks, Tish!  Any info I can find will be more than I have today!!!  :smt020

sunra612

Music and Sound Research

Post by sunra612 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:52 pm

You probably are aware of this person her website and oranization, but I thought I'd share it anyway. The International Lambdoma Research Institute and Barbara Hero - www.lambdoma.com and http://members.aol.com/Lambdom/Home/ILRIHomePage.html :smt020

Saldaba6

Hi

Post by Saldaba6 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:52 am

May I suggest you might be looking under the wrong thing. Try looking for Sound therapy and you will find a lot of things about it on the net:) Sound therapy and colour healing have been around for quite some time now. It is not new at all. I have a couple of cds called Brain Synch and what is on them are sound waves to help one calm them selves and even meditate if one so chooses.
Music most certainly does have an effect on us, which is why one can notice the difference between one who listens constantly to bands like heavy metal and one who listens to positive upbeat songs.
May I also suggest that one can look up The Mozart Effect on the net. This is a set of six cds for different healling awarenesses. I am sure one can learn much more on this site: http://www.mozarteffect.com/RandR/index.html. If one would like to have these cds and cannot afford to buy them, please send me a message. I will send them to you via yousendit.com.

Illumination

Post by Illumination » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:49 am

Sunra, your links are awesome!!!  They are my two, new, most treasured bookmarks.  This data is precisely what I've been looking for, and there are numerous links from her page as well.  One significant link is http://www.svpvril.com.  SVP stands for Sympathetic Vibratory Physics, and the site is jammed with wonderfula research.  I think these two sites will keep me busy reading for a long time

And Saldaba -- your suggestion is also great, looks like the site offers a lot of resources.  

Thanks to both of you, these are HUGE!!!

Blessings,

Return to “General Discussion”