Are you one or are you many?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tish

Are you one or are you many?

Post by Tish » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:53 pm

I would like to invite comments/views on this statement which I believe is true:

You are a different person for everyone who knows you.

There are the obvious roles of parent, child, spouse .... but aside from that, do the people around you have one concept of "who you are" or would they all define you differently?

misty-midnightrain

Hummmmm

Post by misty-midnightrain » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 pm

I think everyone would define me differently because I work and have always worked in the Customer orientated bsiness snd you have to sometimes use your acting skills to get thru the day. But when I am home or around friends I can be the real me.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:16 pm

I answer this on my first impulse.....so it might change...when thought true.

I believe that all people will have a different view on a person, this because we see the world "or people" true our Ego's eyes.

Then we have the feelings we meet other people with, some you connect well with, at first meeting, and you are "open" and +.
Other gives you more - feelings....you are more careful and on your guard.

People whom you like you can go fare to please....people that is average..you show respect...people you dislike...you don't bother to please.

And last, but as important, is the feeling the one who you interact with has for you.

So yes....the life is a big Role Playing Game...we all believe we have the only truth....the only thing that is for sure....none of us has it :) :)

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:27 pm

I am a different person for everyone who knows me if you look at the interactions.  Even within the role as father, my two children see me differently, because I interact with different personalities and interests of each child.  My son complains when I am with him and his sister at the same time that I am not the same person when I am alone with him.  Which is true, I tell him, because I have to take a middle of the road stance and cannot customize all just for him.  

But most people (and that's not a whole lot in the R/W) would generally describe me as the same, with regard to faults, quirks, and personality.  The interests I can vary depending on who I am with, but the same person is there for friends and family.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:48 am

With me.. What you see is what you get~!! I know ===>  :smt017
Don't ask.... rofl

Nice to see yeah Tish~!!  :smt006

viroscan

Post by viroscan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:09 am

Well not only would they define you diffrently, they would define you diffrently for each passing moment, its all in constant flux, [opinion changes constantly]
But what do i know im just some kid lol :smt003

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:17 am

Definitely I am the one.
What I am I am from inside out My body my face is like an open book.
I cannot hide and i cannot disguise into some1 else.
Thats me,Omjit

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:19 am

Waht i mean was that i may be a brother, a son, an employee, a lover but thats me when i am a lover i am a lover and nothing else and i discharge all my duties wholeheartedly theres no second thought on it.
I cannot be a son when i am a lover.
Thats the fact.
Moreover sincerity is a must in everything.

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:19 pm

First I would like to say Very Excellent Post for tish, you are an excellent person always posting good and constructive things, and im not saying that just cause im you friend :)

People who said that the other people see you exactly as you are in the sameway as the others, is completely wrong, my friends thats science its not a joke.

Let me try to explain it better:

Everyone have a prejudicism of you in the first time they look to you, inconsciously, if that person someway look familiar to your face, you 2 have chance to marry yourselves or been excellent friends. Thats completely inconscious and its not about color or body its just about the head in all its parts.

The emotional status of a person in the exact moment and in all he/she 's life, emotions make person look with diferent eyes, let me give an exemple: you are crying cause you got fired, than someone come close to you and try to calm you down, maybe someone you dont even know, depending on you, maybe you will be bad and run cause thats the answer of your body or maybe you will appreciate that and become very greatful to what the person just did.

What is in your brain will make you see the person diferently too, exemple: You are thinking on something really bad and than someone comes to speak with you, maybe you will answer normally but your words are leaving your mouth full of the problem you just had, and inconsciously the person will feel that and will see you diferently.

Our body doesnt let us answer the way we want, so we will speak in various diferent forms with very diferent people, with very diferent energies, but dont worry thats inconscious (not your fault at all :) )

The things we do with some people and not with other will affect your feelings too, maybe somethings will be guarded on your mind and while you are speaking with that person, inconsciously your body will remember all what you've been doing with such person, so you act diferent.

Thats my point of view, I hope you guys don't get angry with my problem with the word "inconsciously"

Marco :)

amadea1949

Post by amadea1949 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:47 pm

It's not only that they see you diffently but sometimes you are not yourself.  If you had a bad day,you sometimes act and say things, you normally wouldn't say.  With some people I can be myself, with others I have to watch what I say because they are very sensitive and take it personally.  I don't like to hurt peoples feelings even if I don't know them.
 So I think that we are all full of different personalities depending on who we are dealing with.  Some people also hide their trueselves from others, so what they think of themselves may be very different from what others see.
 When I am doing reading, I feel like a different person in that I usually say whatever comes to me instead of being careful with my words.

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:55 pm

and you know the worst amadea? We think we are been ourselves but inconsciously our body make us been another person or maybe not talk the way we should, and other problem is to express ourselves, this word have limited words, thats why whales are wise, they cant talk in a very distinct form :)
take care with that reading, maybe its not actually you in your body, maybe its an energy or a spirit.... take care

:)

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:59 pm

amadea1949 wrote:So I think that we are all full of different personalities depending on who we are dealing with.  Some people also hide their trueselves from others, so what they think of themselves may be very different from what others see.
When I am doing reading, I feel like a different person in that I usually say whatever comes to me instead of being careful with my words.
amadea, You hit the nail right on the head~!!
Thanks..  :smt020

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:22 pm

While it is not nice to judge...we do it all the time.  We judge ourselves and we judge others.  In big to small ways, we tend to form an opinion (through judgement) of others.  Just as they are doing the same of us.  

The only place to find ourselves...is within ourselves.  Living from the inner me helps me not judge others from the outer me they express.

Tish

Post by Tish » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:45 pm

:smt006  Hi, everybody!

I see we've had some interesting points made here about "You are a different person for everyone who knows you".

Mistymidnightrain says she uses "acting skills" at work, whereas "at home or around friends I can be the real me"; noting that our behaviour is consciously altered depending on our familiarity with the people we are interacting with, and the capacity in which we are interacting with them.

Rhutobello says we see other people "through our Ego's eyes"; in order to perceive someone else, you have to first look through yourself - a filter of your own personality and prejudices, which will "colour" the way you see them.

EarlofLeicester says his son complains that his behaviour is not the same when his daughter is also present, but that in that situation he cannot "customize" only for his son.  Even in a close relationship, we behave a little differently for each person, tailoring ourselves to that person's personality, tastes, humour, understanding and their "history" with us.

Marco points out that much of our behaviour is based on unconscious motivation, outside our conscious knowledge or understanding: such as our unconscious expectations/prejudices when we first meet a person, and the fact that in our interactions with everyone, on a daily basis, our responses are unconsciously affected by current mood/thoughts.

Amadea notes that sometimes we need to "guard our tongues" in awareness of others' sensitivity - so that the same statement, made in the same way to different people, would provoke a different reaction, and in recognition of that, we consciously alter our behaviour.

And Spiritalk points out that although it is "not nice to judge, we all do it all the time".  This affects our understanding of other people, and may also prompt us to alter our own behaviour, in awareness that we are being judged by what we do and say.

Is it ever possible, bearing in mind all these factors, to know another person with accuracy?  To be aware of all their aspects, to know how they would behave in any situation, or what their attitude would be?

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Tish wrote: Is it ever possible, bearing in mind all these factors, to know another person with accuracy?  To be aware of all their aspects, to know how they would behave in any situation, or what their attitude would be?
Possible, (nothing is impossible), but VERY VERY VERY DIFFICULT.

& u must have the ability to read minds too. (LOL).

Return to “General Discussion”