8%
Other ( tell us wish)
19%
NONE.
16%

Total votes: 37

MaMilke

Post by MaMilke » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:31 am

And the worst of them is that none is actually true, all stupid jokes that people start just to laugh to see people beliving on them such a waste of time! Would it be nice if those e-mails could bring a message that could be used for the society but that doesn't seem a Brazilian/World Aim, so thats the way it is, gonna have to stay all my life deleting them.

Tish

Post by Tish » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:14 pm

:smt006   Hi, everybody!

MazsBR:  Thank you so much for your kind offer!  I am staggered that you would consider doing all that for me, because translating an entire book would take God knows how long!  I wouldn't dream of asking you to.

I still have my copy of "The Unknown Power", though, where I first read about Chico Xavier (published in 1977!), and I looked it up and found the two books I wanted were "Evolution in Two Worlds" as well as "Mechanisms of Mediumship" - but the reason I wanted them is that these are the ones that explain it all scientifically, and apparently they were very difficult to understand.  In my book, the author quotes a bit he managed to translate himself, though he says he practically wore out his dictionary to do it:

"From the atomic crystallizations and from the minerals, from virus to protoplasm, from bacteria and amoebas, algae and vegetables of the pre-Cambrian period to the fetuses and the Lycopodiaceae, the trilobites and cystidia, the Cephalopoda, Foraminifora and radiolarians of the Silurian terrains, the spiritual principle reached the Porifers (sponges) and coelenterates of the Paleozoic era, sketching out the skeletal structure ..."

I just fancied having a go to see what sense I could make out of them!

I am surprised that more people haven't been willing to take part in your survey, though.  I wonder why?  Maybe if you made it clear that they don't have to explain why they believe what they do, just put in their vote?  'Cause while it would be nice to have a chat about their beliefs if they want to, maybe for some it seems a bit challenging, or too personal?

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:49 am

I did my vote just now...  :)
For me, and only speaking for me.. I have ~*~Jesus~*~ in my heart and soul... I have alot of faith in my lord... But I also have this other side of me that's just a part of who I am.. Witchy~!! LOL... But all in good.. :smt020

Again, only speaking for my self only~!!

Hugs

MaMilke

Post by MaMilke » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:50 am

Hello,

Tish don't give up so easy i can try to look for you, his books are always good to be read. Nicole, are you catholic protestant or orthodox? You have to answer this to.

Yesterday I went to the world spiritual forum in the city I live (the capital of Brazil) and it was amazing! I found alot of people wearing their clothers in their religions and everyone was respecting everyone! I even saw an islamic talking with a jude! and an hinduist talking to a protestant! It was incredible, and actually that was the idea I wanted to see here, I wanted people to discuss normally the things they belive without any fight respecting everyone and its culture since they are not changing neither us.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:51 pm

Has anyone seen the movie: The Secret.  It is a scientific approach to mediumship and answers a lot of questions the seeker may have as they progress.

MaMilke

Post by MaMilke » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 pm

I didnt is it new? Is passing in the movies or you can only find in video stores?

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:28 pm

spiritalk wrote:Has anyone seen the movie: The Secret.  It is a scientific approach to mediumship and answers a lot of questions the seeker may have as they progress.
Which years movie is it & who are the cast, because I found atleast 6 different movies with the same name.

Barbaras Ahajustsde

Baptist..yet...

Post by Barbaras Ahajustsde » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:04 pm

I was raised Southern Baptist, but...
I am more non denomination and full gospel than anything else.

I believe in  re-incarnation, but sometimes that boggles my mind.
I belive in spirit guides and that too drives me under the bed to wonder about. :smt009  
I can't grasp the space Alien concept of God, at least I am hoping he isn't 4ft with bulging eyes and a little green body. :smt002

I won't let go of the Cross for anything.   :smt018

So I guess I just believe in the what the bible said that Jesus told the Pharases, "Love one another like I have loved you."  

Sometimes its hard to love myself, much less anyone else!    But I think that should be the only reason in the world, to recon with.  To give of yourself, completly and full heartedly.

Barb     :smt003

CrabbyCancer

Post by CrabbyCancer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:10 am

Well I'd have to say mine is wiccan, although it goes by many names, and has many different interpretations.

askhokhar

Post by askhokhar » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:25 am

I am a Muslim.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:07 am

askhokhar, if u are a muslim, select the "ISLAM" option in the poll.

reichild

Post by reichild » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:33 am

I do not follow religion but i believe in God-conciousness and evolution. If anyone is interested in my beliefs they can check it out in
my blog here: http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=121 i just made a new entry today on this. :-)

jallious

Post by jallious » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Can't Atheist mean nothing? I can't get anyone to believe that I'm nothing, so I just settle for Atheist.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:51 pm

I was baptized Greek Orthodox, raised Christian and later as a Roman Catholic.  Jesus is part of my early years, so I can relate to Nicole's earlier comments.  My spiritual journey has been one of finding connection, and I take that to be connection with my ancestors.  My ancestors (and their "revival" or ancient traditions) are Saxon (Asatru), Welsh (Celt/Druid) and Greek (Hellenistic).  Incorporating their beliefs, their heritage, into my life is definitely part of my religion.  I feel, for me, it is superficial to invent religion out of nowhere, which is probably why I resisted spirituality for so long in my later years.  On my level, I have a hard time with Wicca and Tarot, because they have their roots - anyone correct me if I am wrong - in the 1500s or later.  By then, and this is just relevant to me, the formulative years of spirituality in cultures were long past.  For me, and I say that deliberately, 1500s and later is too modern and too subject to individual taste, feckle, and anything else to carry credibility to me.

Having said that, though, Gaelicrossed1 has been helpful in showing me how to pursue spiritual thought in so much that it makes sense to pick and choose that which works.  Maybe that makes sense since I am a mutt (with the various ancestral background) that did not affect ancient cultures to the same degree as 21st century America.  The runes call to me, and I find myself leaning toward asatru (revival of pre-Christian Germanic religion) although I wish to point out that I do take exceptions to those who profess asatru and at the same time profess hate.  One's beliefs should promote positive feelings and emotions.  Love & Light as Reichild would say.  

Some people have pointed out that religion classifies us and that it sets the framework for hatred and harm.  Well, many religions do not promote this, but it is the followers of these faiths, often time misguided, and ignoring the values that their faith encompasses, that commit the atrocities.  I remember learning about Cortez, and the other Spanish Conquistadors in school.  They traveled with missionaries to the new world.  Cortez may have been a Catholic but not a very good one, in terms of living to the beliefs of Christanity, by his abuse of the natives in the new world.  The fault lie with the man, not the faith, that preached behavior otherwise.  My point being that religion, organized or otherwise, is not as evil as some suggest if it does not openly promote evil or horrific acts against others (description of evil and horrific can come later, if needed).  Asatru teaches Nine Noble Virtues; they are

* Courage
   * Truth
   * Honor
   * Fidelity
   * Discipline
   * Hospitality
   * Industriousness
   * Self Reliance
   * Perseverance

These are not bad traits to incorporate, and I have a long way to go on some of those, lol.

Some might ask that if I use the list above as a guidepost, why do I need the organized religion, and just focus on the meat, so to speak.  I suppose because we are a diverse lot.  I'm not like Kitchen Witch where I can lead a solitary faith.   Moreover, where I live, which is in an area of Massachusetts (northeast United States) where there is a large immigrant population.  The net result of that is that I feel like the foreigner in the poor part of town that I live in.  I suspect that those in other countries that have emigration and not immigration wouldn't understand, nor, I am guessing, would those in the USA who live in areas where people speak the same language and same general ideals.  It's not something I take for granted because I don't have it.  So, maybe this 9 years of living like this has made me more open to the idea to an ancestry connection.  Because daily life in a Portugese speaking community offers none to me (no offense to those who speak Portugese but the language, music and cultural differences are SO different and just don't appeal to me).  Connecting with my people is SO important, it is not just spirituality, it goes deeper than that.  It lessens the isolation.  And if these people who trod the Earth (and the Norse tales tell us that people like Odin and Freya did walk on this Earth, like people, which I like --- it makes them more approachable than lofty immortals who have not suffered) have wisdom and knowledge to share, who am I to dismiss such wisdom?

vvnayak

Religion

Post by vvnayak » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:14 pm

God created man ,man created religion.....RELIGION ..it shows us the way an intelligent social animal (read humans):-) ,should interact with each other....
But all is forgotten in the name of religion...Ego ,hatred has divided all humans... Love..& ..only love for ur  fellow being s can make this world a paradise

Return to “General Discussion”