Other ( tell us wish)
19%
NONE.
16%

Total votes: 37

ALIENDESENDANT

My religion --

Post by ALIENDESENDANT » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:21 am

I was forced to learn Morman, Jehovah's Wittness, Christianity and so on. I guess that I have belief in all religions, except I have no true belief. I know there is a supreme being that created all, but I don't bow to any God. I guess I am more of a spiritualist/wiccan. We all are connected to the source, we just need to remember ourselves to reconnect.

To capistranas, my ancestors are from the Trail of Tears and before that, I am finishing my heritage line to claim my blood line. How would I get my Indian name. You know the weird thing is I am torn between worlds, I guess some would call it riding the fence. E-mail me and we'll talk.

Aliendesendant

Gaeliccrossed1

Post by Gaeliccrossed1 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:34 am

My parents as i grew up were christian, my step mom is a christian.The closest" brand of spirituality" that describes me would be DRUID-I believe in a divine energy.

sagetab

Post by sagetab » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 pm

I was baptised as a baby in the Baptist Church. My parents "backslid" for a few years and then became "Born again" and from that day dancing was a "sin", the playing cards became "evil" due to their roots in the Tarot, only Christian Music was allowed in the home and even Monopoly became "sinful" and was thrown out.... I became "Born again" and a Sunday School Teacher and evangelist... until I was 16 and too many questions filled my mind and I left the church due to disatisfaction. I lived in a spiritual void until 6 years ago, at age 38. Over the years I had formulated my own thoughts and beliefs and in 2000 I discovered Witchcraft and realsied that these were the same beliefs, ideas and ideals I had formulated... And I was no longer alone.

Now I am an Eclectic Witch...

And happy :)

BB
Zephyr

khbostic

Post by khbostic » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:47 pm

My religions,christianity,Ive come from aProtestant/catholic lineage,my fathers side protestant,I was baptized in the catholic church,went thru communion& confirmation ,as my mothers side was that.When I was apx 12 ,I went to live with my dad,he'd transferred membership to the episcopal church from the baptists,he had stated that they had a good singles group& seemed to care about people while he went back to college,taking an education major at Wayne St. U. in Detroit after a divorce.Ive been ordained now with the Universal life church for apx24 yrs now,it costs apx30.00 up for legal ordination papers,for anyone interested in same.ULCHQ.com is where you can do same,tell them khbostic@peoplepc.com referred you.The money goes to defray legal costs of a multi million dollar court battle that conferred legality of ordination papers.Theres no set creed,other than the"Do that which is right";One is free to do any service you are comfortable with,not neccesarily christian,though the founder was of a penticostal type of background.Me,I recieved a   a a sc. in mental health/soc work,para prof type of program.When I was a teen , the  Episcopal Rev. we had ,said they let ministers take soc science degrees,instead of divinity degrees.Jesus never asked for degrees,he even took illiterate fishermen to be his ministers,in contradistinction to todays 'mainstream ways of exclusionary tactics,requiring masters& doctorates,so they put who they want in such jobs/ like detectives.So Im pleased to exercise my constitutional rights of freedom of religion& hope some out there that read this will be inclined to do the same.Ending another meaningful entry.I am,khbostic@peoplepc.com P>S,my degree lends itself towards coonselling.For pastoral aides,try christianbooks.com///

Return to “General Discussion”