What Kind of Kitty Litter Do U use ?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Brother-Minos

ROck the catbox, rock the catbox!

Post by Brother-Minos » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:59 am

Wow, I am impressed by the CatGenie. I thought I was doing well with the automatic cleaning one I have; it just rakes the clumps into a bin-but it gets stuck sometimes.

Gem, I also have an old black cat who is losing his eyesight and getting stiff. He doesn't venture out as much as he did; just kinda sits right outside the door like an old man on a porch watching the world go by. He's still handsome of course but kinda sagging at the belly; he's 17 now.

The cat litter I have now is called "Scoop Away" and is supposed to be fresh scented.

Btw, Has anyone ever turned on a black light over the catbox to see if cat pee really does glow under it?

I've also heard about the cats who pee  from their own toilet seat that is attached to the same toilet we humans use; I suppose you always have to keep making sure your lid is up when kitty needs to go. I can't imagine how long it could take to train a cat to do this, or if even all cats would allow themselves to be trained. But it's cute to think of a cat hovering his/her butt over the toilet.

Nicole

Re: ROck the catbox, rock the catbox!

Post by Nicole » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:48 am

Brother-Minos wrote:Wow, I am impressed by the CatGenie. I thought I was doing well with the automatic cleaning one I have; it just rakes the clumps into a bin-but it gets stuck sometimes.

Gem, I also have an old black cat who is losing his eyesight and getting stiff. He doesn't venture out as much as he did; just kinda sits right outside the door like an old man on a porch watching the world go by. He's still handsome of course but kinda sagging at the belly; he's 17 now.

The cat litter I have now is called "Scoop Away" and is supposed to be fresh scented.

Btw, Has anyone ever turned on a black light over the catbox to see if cat pee really does glow under it?

I've also heard about the cats who pee  from their own toilet seat that is attached to the same toilet we humans use; I suppose you always have to keep making sure your lid is up when kitty needs to go. I can't imagine how long it could take to train a cat to do this, or if even all cats would allow themselves to be trained. But it's cute to think of a cat hovering his/her butt over the toilet.
LoL.. Ohhh your to funny~!!

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Btw, Has anyone ever turned on a black light over the catbox to see if cat pee really does glow under it? [/url]

<<< off to find my crystal black light to see... OMG what am I doing now!!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 pm

wow! what a discussion:)
someone pls send me a magic cat litter! my kitten... doesnt like something, he scratches the floor ( as if to say crap!!) be it food or litter box or anything!
how long do cats live on an average?

SnowFox005

Post by SnowFox005 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:56 pm

OMG!!! &nbsp; &nbsp;ROFLMAO!!! &nbsp; You guys are just too much! &nbsp;LOL &nbsp; This really has to be the best site in the world!!! &nbsp;

Snow &nbsp;:)

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 am

swetha wrote:wow! what a discussion:)
someone pls send me a magic cat litter! my kitten... doesnt like something, he scratches the floor ( as if to say crap!!) be it food or litter box or anything!
how long do cats live on an average?
LoL Swetha...

My cat is 14 yrs... It depends~!!
How is your Kitty doing~?
Must be getting really big now.. &nbsp;:)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:17 am

ya he is growing big and a brat at that..and Abhishek says i am to blame. thinks he is a tiger in the house and gets scared of every tiny thing outside! and likes to be around people and play in water!!
but still a darling:)

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:55 pm

SnowFox005 wrote:OMG!!! &nbsp; &nbsp;ROFLMAO!!! &nbsp; You guys are just too much! &nbsp;LOL &nbsp; This really has to be the best site in the world!!! &nbsp;

Snow &nbsp;:)
Thanx SnowFox005.

LADYSILVERMOONDANCER

Post by LADYSILVERMOONDANCER » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:29 am

I use fresh step or Tidy Cat

piscbelieve

Post by piscbelieve » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm

This is totally off the subject, but everytime I try to put the text in color it just spells it out ! What is up with that?
Anyways, cat pee does glow under a black light. I had problems with my female cat before she was fixed. She was peeing all over the house. I bought this stuff I saw advertised on TV called, "Urine Gone". It came with small black lights so you could see where she went. It was so gross! She litterally marked every perimeter of the apartment. Needless to say we made an appointment to the vet shortly after.

ButterflyLace

Cedar litter

Post by ButterflyLace » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:33 pm

I have a huge solid Grey cat named Saddie. &nbsp;My first cat ever..LOL this says a lot. I didn't grow up to love cats... Matter of fact it was just the opposite. &nbsp;But along came Saddie. I was a little apprehensive at first. but to no avail he won me over!! Sorry had to get that out... I'm very proud of him. But back to the litter question.... We use Cedar litter. It's the best and it's all natural. &nbsp;A little more expensive than thee other brands... But well worth it. and it smells great.

flight _of_angelwings

Which kind of cat litter do you use

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:04 am

Which kind of cat litter do you use?

.....I dont use cat litter,........ I have a strange tendency to use the toilet......lol.. :smt016

MoonGoddess

Re: Which kind of cat litter do you use

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:29 am

flight _of_angelwings wrote:Which kind of cat litter do you use?

.....I dont use cat litter,........ I have a strange tendency to use the toilet......lol.. :smt016
You have just made my day, I can't see the computer screen through my tears of laughter. &nbsp;Man I needed that life shouldn't be so serious.

When my cats Loki and Star were alive I tried the chalky kitty litter and then the recycled news paper. &nbsp;They were alright for a while and cheap but they soon became out side cats when I had to move back to my mothers place and from then on they did there business in the pine reserve behind my parents place.
ImageLoki
They both died about 2 years ago, I miss them heaps they were only 12 years old.

Return to “General Discussion”