Is the world coming to an end?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

m00nshadow

Post by m00nshadow » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:28 am

I believe that all things must come to an end. With that said, yes I do believe that the world is in the begining of the end stages. However I don't think we will see it anytime soon.

People in the world are becoming more violent. There has been alot more unnecessary bloodshed.
you will see more natural disasters, more devistation.
I believe that the end of the world will be very horriffic.
This is just my view on the matter. I am in no means an expert. lol BUt the thought of the End has always scared the hell out of me.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 am

I'm thinking of it as a "NEW beginning for me~!!
When it's all set and done...
:smt020

Runescrafts

Post by Runescrafts » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:38 am

When it comes to the weather,I feel Mother earth is not well pleased and has her rights to throw stuff our way...as far as the world ending...Cant tell ya.

ian grace

A positive change is in order

Post by ian grace » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:30 pm

From  the  Mayan  calendar, we  are  about  to  enter  a  major  new  cycle  in  2012.  Many  big  changes  are  predicted ( environmental,  social,  etc) as  we  prepare  for  a  new  lighter  and  more  spiritual  civilisation.  It  is  said that  this  is  a  very  good  time  for  going  deeper  into  spiritual  activities  and  learning  more  about  traditional  ways  and  attuning  ourselves  more  to  natural  cycles  and  rhythms.  A  blessing  in  disguise.  

Vedic  astrology  predicts a  similar  forecast  with  a  turn  towards  health  and  wellbeing  after  the  rapid  technological  advancements . From  2008  this  will  occur and  then  after  20  years,  a  spiritual  turn  will  be  noted  as  we  will  have  cultivated  a  good  level  of  wellbeing.  

It  makes  me  feel  very  optimistic  when  i  hear  of  these  predictions.

Good  luck

m00nshadow

Post by m00nshadow » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:47 am

Oh Just stop the Merry Go Round already !!!! I want to get off now....
ha ha ha ha ha

m00nshadow

Post by m00nshadow » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:49 am

[size=18][/size]
Seriously, If or when then world does end, as long as I'm with my wife and my son when it happens that's all that matters to me.

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:32 am

let's just try to go green a lil more than we are now and it'll probably get better.

Evie

Post by Evie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:01 pm

Hello... :smt006

How did I miss this thread???

I think about this a lot.  Just recently I discovered  the Mayan calendar.
The end of the world predictions have been addressed a few time in my life.
Some of this is religious.... and I really didn't like thinking about this at all.  :smt009
So I dump all that ... adopt eastern beliefs ....become a hippie...  and then there
is all the chatting about the earth shifting on it axis.. I wondered... :smt017 why can't I
get away from this????

Looking at the predictions...  at this time in my life ... is different.  I can NOT
accept that a huge* event is going to happen on Dec 21, 2012. I can accept
however that the earth is changing and moving towards Universal Peace and
Spirituality.  I think it is happening already... I choose not to be afraid.  

I have an  associate  who is stashing all kinds of supplies in sealed plastic Barrels.
I think she has filled half a dozen already. (These are big)
She is expecting to survive a huge catastrophe.  
I am not. I like power, hot water and shopping for my groceries.  :smt003

Odds are though... I'll survive > she won't... and
I'll have to go looking for those plastic barrels of hers,
which I have been secretly snickering about.  :smt002 Karma?

I think we need to just live one day at a time... expecting to have a future.  :smt109

P E A C E
Evie

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:29 pm

have you heard of "Fire the Grid" ?  there is going to be a world meditation to help heal the earth.
You can find it if you google fire the grid :)   There's some nice music you can download and a meditation for the night.
Last edited by sharpenup on Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:44 am

Hello.

Yes I have seen this site... A wonderful concept I think.
07/07/2007 >
A WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY ... all Meditating ON PEACE!

This would be powerful... ! I'm in!  This is so like the seventies!!!!
There will be groups gathering all over the world. As well as people
joining in at home.   JUST IMAGINE!!!!  
It is possible to create global change... permanently.

I am very happy to meet you...

P E A C E
Evie

Have you seen this?  On the 13-moon Natural time calendar.
It mezmerises me! I LOVE IT>  It is a meditation for me.
When I have learned all about the Mayan Calendar...
it will become a way of being... in the world... a new way of thinking!

http://www.13moon.com/cosmic_seed.htm

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:05 am

lol I was just thinking that myself .  I had the urge to find some long flowing dress's and lots of flowers :)

Beaujolais

Post by Beaujolais » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:21 am

I think the world is still in it's embryonic stage.  If you think about it, mankind has not dwelt on the earth for a long time.  It has only been 2000 years since Christ was alive on this planet.  Before that, people lived with little technology and survived in a very hostile environment, developing knowledge on a very slow scale.  

In biblical times, natural disasters were always prevalent, e.g. Noah's Ark, the plague of locusts, earthquakes and so on and these were depicted as signs from God.

Since 1900, technology has spiralled into a much more quick and radical development.  Hygeine, as simple as it is, has become one of our most significant paths into maintaining good health and the achievement of longer lives.  However, poverty is still prevalent and many people cannot achieve this simple issue (hygiene), due to lack of water and sanitation .

The population growth is also multiplying at an exemplary rate and too many of these people are born into poverty.

As much as pollution is the reason for climate change, our spiritual God is telling us that the earth needs to be better nourished, nurtured and taken care of.  Now, that may sound ridiculous?  If you don't want to take this from a Christian point of view, it is probably because you have a scientific mind or you are "new agey" and you are exactly right, just as much as the different interpretation taken from a Christian point of view also gains perspective, we all agree that healing is necessary and needs to be acted upon immediately.

I, personally, do not see the earth as separate from ourselves.  We are in fact, like a mitochondria inside a living cell, trying to balance the ever limitless energy contained within our universe.

I think the earth will be saved, but we need a stronger collective of actions conducted by all our governments.  The Kyoto Protocol which was designed for all countries has not been signed by the U.S. and Australian governments that are in power right now, and although I don't have the full facts on this contract, I'm sure other countries have failed to meet the Protocol's requirements.  

Constant commitment from all environmentalists, and a focus on media coverage should take precedent over all other issues.  All people from all walks of life should remind the people in power that the world needs to cut down on pollution on a very fast level.  We need to achieve advancement in third world countries too!  As I have already written, they will benefit with things we have already taken for granted.  Let's work together and the world will reach the 4th dimension.

Namaste,
Beaujolais

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:39 pm

Perhaps the law of attraction is at work here...that which we dwell upon we will manifest.  We are such powerful beings and don't consider this in our fears.

christianevanessa

Is the world coming to an end?

Post by christianevanessa » Wed May 02, 2007 2:17 pm

I believe that the world as we know it is coming to an end, but I would hope that it will be for a better beginning! There are soo many devastating things happening currently, everything comes to an end - so that being said - the bad times should also be coming to an end... If we all start to think positively and BELIEVE IT, then I think that we can stop more tragedies from happening. I know it sounds crazy, but what harm can it do to belive that GOOD THINGS will begin to happen in this world? The media is always showing the bad and the ugly and we all start to believe that only bad things happen in this world - why not start to belive that opposite? It's just a thought...

jasontheman07

missing bees

Post by jasontheman07 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:06 pm

yes the world is coming to an end and soon! our generation will not die before the end. there are many signs of the end out there if you only research. u can always find biblical prophecies or those of nostradamus or edgar cayce etc. but i prefer to look at facts and form an opinion myself, like the fact that millions of bees have gone missing! the earth is a carefully balanced machine and for millions of bees to just vanish leaves a huge hole in the cycle of life or whatever u want to call it...kinda crazy if u ask me!

Return to “General Discussion”