reading doodle drawings

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 pm

when I tried some automatic writing in a circle one time, I used by left hand (I am right handed) and it came through.  Go figure!  Because of injury to my left wrist I exercised it by practicing writing with it when I was young...so have a little ambidextrous going on.

I would say reading charcoal is a little like the clouds or stars.  I do know it changes as you look and find pictures in the charcoal.  It also changes over time.

And, of course, trying different media is fun.

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Mon May 14, 2007 12:36 am

I would really love to see an example of a charcoal drawing , can you tell me more about it please.  What charcoal do you use, a pencil or is it dust ???  And how do you use it ??

cheers :)

Erinrose

Post by Erinrose » Mon May 14, 2007 6:06 am

Gem,

".. Obsidian is volcanic natural glass.."

Sounds very beautiful.
My first black mirror was a piece of glass simply painted black. lol

I don't need them anymore, I have pictures and visions coming out of my ears. lol

Not literally of course. But you never know with this stuff. lol

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon May 14, 2007 2:04 pm

I make up papers from some slightly heavier stuff I had (Pink - 1/2 letter size) Then using charcoal - some of it is little pieces I had around and I do have a charcoal pencil - it doesn't seem to matter.  Sit and hold the paper in your hands for a moment and put your energies into it.  Then just smear the charcoal (on its side - or from the top) all over the page.  Then enjoy reading it!

Some people like to actually make a picture.  There is so much to read in it as well.  Allow all creativity and talents.

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Tue May 15, 2007 12:03 am

thanks spiritalk I'll give it ago and see what happens.  Cheers :)

Return to “General Discussion”