Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sorrow

Another Quote Worth Disscussing

Post by Sorrow » Sun May 27, 2007 4:53 pm

"In life, people tend to wait for good things to come to them. And by
waiting, they miss out. Usually, what you wish for doesn't fall in your lap; it
falls somewhere nearby, and you have to recognize it, stand up, and put in
the time and work it takes to get to it. This isn't because the universe is
cruel. It's because the universe is smart. ....It knows we don't appreciate things that fall into our laps.
"

This quote is from book The Game written by Neil Strauss, I thought it was worth sharing.

I would like you to write what do you think about it.

I think that all occult sciences tell exactly about this, challenges in numerology, challenging aspects in astrology. This is the understanding how universe refers to us.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun May 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Hmmm... another good one by you Sorrow, & a very thought provoking one too. I totally agree with it being in context to what the other occult sciences talk about.

Thank you for the Quote, made me think a lot.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Nice quote very apposite, almost as good as;'You can't always get what, but you might find you get what you need.' - Nanker & Fledge (Jagger & Richards, Strollin Bones).

Danny

Post by Danny » Mon May 28, 2007 12:18 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon May 28, 2007 2:26 pm

God helps those who help themselves!  This makes sense in the light of God is spirit!  

Spirit is an energy, a flow, a vibration!  Nothing happens or expresses positively in a vacuum.  All good things take our effort to manifest and find the lesson.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon May 28, 2007 4:04 pm

This is so true with me..

Yes I took my junk out... LoL

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:24 pm

God helps those who help themselves - what a copout by god, seems to me to be a case of you do the work & I'll take the credit!

hopefulgirl86

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:50 pm

I agree with this and it is advice that I really need to follow. I tend to be one of those people who wish for this good stuff to happen and yet it doesn't, so I get depressed but I never do anything about it. And right now I am thinking about some of the stuff I have wished for and I am realizing that some of it could have happened if I would have made an effort.
I suppose you learn from your mistakes though.

Oldfartcoza

Post by Oldfartcoza » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:55 pm

Winston Churchill once said that many men stumble over the truth, but most just pick themselves up and carry on as though nothing has happened.
Sometimes, in looking at the opportunity that has fallen a small distance away, we forget to look up and see the one hanging directly overhead and threatening to dash our brains out.
If it's worth working for, then we should go for it, but sometimes we should just let things slide: I don't chase after seemingly good opportunities until I have very carefully considered all the angles.
My grandfather gave me an excellent piece of advice. He said: "Chase all the pretty girls you want, my boy, but never make the mistake of catching them!"

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:47 pm

Perhaps my favourite 'Ithought you were bigger' from Road House.
Only one bloke said this to me when my reputation proceeded me and I felt great, however it doesn't feel so good when it's a young lady that says it (too often for my tastes).

Oldfartcoza

Post by Oldfartcoza » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:27 am

Which just goes to prove how fallacious is the idea that "all men are born equal", eh, Prof?

shannonmoschides

Post by shannonmoschides » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Yes I fully agree with this quote. I only wish it were easier to SEE and RESPOND to what falls near us.

Return to “General Discussion”