How to live "1000 years"

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rhutobello

Re: 1000 years

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:40 am

Richard Corrigan wrote:Rhutobello  are solutions not more important and if I was a guy who wanted to live a 1000 years I would seek the solutions, who said it was a problem, not me! But as we have seen people do have different perspectives on things!!!

If you were in zero gravity that bottle could be filled differently....
I am of belief that the end be in sight first and then move towards it?
What you think? Am I wrong to believe this?

The athleteon the track sees the end and moves towards it!

Thanks for your vote of support about how I was misled in the past about wanting to achieve many talents!! It just knocked me at a younger age, as did the idea that "help know one but yourself" I dont blame them as they probably did know any better?
Visions are great.
When a vision shall be made "real" you have to take into account what problems that that vision will produce.
If you then want to see it true, aren't the best way to work on the problems it will produce first?

It is just like Politicians...
When they started out govern a country they had some appointed task, and the money to do so.
This is very dull way, so at each selection they have to find out what people most want....then promise that this will be taken care off.
Today most government have way to many task to do and way to little money to do them.
They have created needs, at the same time they create a growing mammoth of an organization to take care of thing.
This organization "takes" more and more of the running cost of the benefit for people and Politicians then show how smart they are, they put more and more of the cost over on the industry.
I do not attack any social benefit itself...just the way it all is done...like a patchwork quilt that never get enough patches.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:37 pm

angel2007 wrote:Oh sorry Earl you got me wrong I wasnt referring to you or anyone on this site!! :smt018

I was following up what richard was telling me about 'people' in his life.

Sorry it sounded like that!   :smt009

Your friend Angel2007  :)
My mistake entirely Angel2007 and I'm sorry I didn't catch the correct context.

Your friend Earl :)

EarlofLeicester

Re: 1000 years of life

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:44 pm

reichild wrote:Hang on a moment maybe they are recruiting people for the new planet?
I wish that were so.  The bible for the future of space colonization is Robert Zubrin's The Case for Mars which explains the hows (and whys) of establishing a permanent human presence off Earth.  The problem with his vision is that it needs political leadership to make it happen, and political leadership just isn't there.  Everything (politically) is short term, sadly.  Although I like your sentiment and it puts a smile on my face, thanks!

EarlofLeicester

Re: 1000 years of life

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:11 pm

Richard Corrigan wrote:EarlofLeicester thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and all...It is potentially possible alright that stem research might and no doubt be a player in the holly grail!! cellular regenerative techniques is an interesting thought, there are so many fictional programs that project this capeability thru it's charactures it creates, one is wolfman in ? cant think of it at the moment...any how the imaginations of people great it is...
The TV series Dark Angel would be a good sci-fi example, I suppose.
Richard Corrigan wrote:Too early in the span, you say!..emmm....a man before his time maybe!! equally a soceity that lives to long is an issue for who? The earth's resorces? Finite..emmm.. I wonder about this word FINITE....do we actually utilize our resources to there best as yet? In your perspective do you think there would be strain, if poulation reached 20billion for the earth? Poor old earth,,she or he or it gets lashed out of it time and time again, but what  does it do? adapts to the new surroundings, quickly and keeps nature in check as best possible, will it eventually give up on people's misuse of it's resource's present and UNDISCOVERED...? Only time will tell Earlofeicester...But then we have not really ventured into our Universe yet either? emmmmm.......I wonder more!!
I grew up as a young boy in the Space Age (mid60's) and believed then, and do now, that the population and resource problems of our dear Earth can be relaxed a bit by venturing off world, much like how hundreds of years ago, the frontier of the New World breathed new life to the people of the Old World, finally moving them out of the medieval day and into the Renaissance.

How much can the earth bare?  Do we really want to find out?  Because to do so probably means exceeding that limit.  Even if Mother Terra (or Midgard, if you prefer, well, I do :smt002) can bear a lot, society may not bre so kind. As we increase population but maintain fixed or diminishing resources, satandard and quality of life will diminish.  That will encourage less progress and an even swifter decline.  People think I'm nuts when I say that society as a whole is in decline, but without a spark somewhere, that's it.
"You think things get accomplished in life because there isn't always time to get them done" complaceny some would say, here already in the truck loads some would say,,and I would also while we are there...as for stagnate as a soceity, your perspective of the future is interesting indeed...would this be based on your experience?
Observation of the US Senate and House of Representatives.  And employers.  When something was critical, they would address it.  When it could wait, it would never get done.  Until it became critical, then the finger pointing and all. A sad cycle I have seen repeated too  many times.  The PTB (powers that be) are not a proactive lot.
The poor old Politicians, it is difficult for these guys to evade a debate, some were along the way somenody brings them into the realm of JUDGEMENT...and to think of them doing nothing for so many 100's of years, is a gastly thought indeed,,  a thought thou I might add,,, I know a politician and if she works any harder in her life she will implode and for what?... I dont know...when there is such a huge varience in politicians--peoples performances...but if this is your view,, it's your view and many others no doubt...but I would ask you...what if your view was that politicians were the best thing since sliced bread,, would this infleuncce your whole thought process?
I do not think every politician is bad, but collectively, making democracy work isn't easy.  My view would change if politicians collectively were goal focused. Putting a man on the moon in 1960 looked impossible because America's Redstone rockets were blowing up on the launchpad.  Ten years later it happened.  Because the government focused its energies on that goal. Our government is goal-less, divided by special interests and accomplishes little of importance.
And stuck on one planet with limited resources!!!

"we are of our own limitations based on our beliefs"

There was a time when belief had it that the world was FLAT!
There was a time when belief had it that women were mans slaves!
There was a time when belief had it that planes would never fly!
And so on

Earlof multiply a good feeling by 10 and what will you feel?
Thank you so much for your response Earolf, very interesting? :smt002

We are stuck on this planet for political reasons. The technology to get us to Mars has existed for years, and a cost effective (NASA-wise) plan to get us there has been around since 1996. We are stuck here because the PTB keep us stuck here.  I believe that a multiplanteary presence for humanity is possible but the PTB do not act in long term vision.  Will effective leadership come into office to address the Earth's and hunamity needs?  Maybe.  Probably not in my lifetime. Of course, if I lived 1000 years...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:22 pm

I like the title of one of Depak Chopra's book...Timeless mind, Ageless body.  Do we really decide by our ideas how long we live?

Richard Corrigan

Post by Richard Corrigan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 am

EarlofLeicester you have some interesting ideas,,,
People think I'm nuts when I say that society as a whole is in decline, but without a spark somewhere, that's it.
In relation to that spark somewhere...what do you think that spark would look like, sound like or even feel like?

The PTB been not so proactive are probably more reactive, but what are we looking for in our PTB The Good or The Bad...

Unfortunately oil always floats to the top in society as we seem to warm up to it more, but if we looked under the oil more often maybe we could all be more sparks..........

You are 100% Goals do be achieved when focus is involved, so why only sometimes we focus and other times we don’t...

What are problems but seeds in our life, we journey together all the time and seeds need to be watered.....then comes the birth the solutions..

As I am very new to the Forum it is not my intention to make any body feel invisible...so please forgive my delayed response to any posts and feel free to contact me directly by email, if you feel there is something I should respond to.....

I am very greatful to all who show an interest.....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:07 pm

The older I get, the more I realize, there is a purpose and reason to having a limited life span.  We have seen our friends come and go through death, we have experienced so many changes and things through a lifetime of living (and some do this at a very young age) that when it is time to go home, we realize we have a lot to offer that place as well.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:54 pm

I have to say that although i don't want to die today I do expect at some point in the future to do so.  I was a care of the dying nurse for a number of years specifically for clients who had an age onset dementia.  Their deaths where all peaceful and very natural, no one fought it and there seemed to be someone for all my clients waiting there for them to take them to their next part of life.

I only believe in a physical bodily death.  

I wish you luck Richard Corrigan and if you do live longer than 120 years well then you are doing well in your goal.

Suzi

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Richard Corrigan wrote:EarlofLeicester you have some interesting ideas,,,
People think I'm nuts when I say that society as a whole is in decline, but without a spark somewhere, that's it.
In relation to that spark somewhere...what do you think that spark would look like, sound like or even feel like?
Tough question. What has sparked humanity in the past?  Something bad. Something that required mobilization of humanity's resources to accomplish a task they otherwise wouldn't be compelled to do so.  So, like I said, something bad.  Settling of the New World was a chance to escape oppression of the Old. Old World=bad, New World=freedom.
Richard Corrigan wrote:As I am very new to the Forum it is not my intention to make any body feel invisible...so please forgive my delayed response to any posts and feel free to contact me directly by email, if you feel there is something I should respond to.....

I am very greatful to all who show an interest.....
Please disregard that earlier comment.  I was having a less than perfect day the day I posted that comment. I have enjoyed the dialog in this thread.  :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:48 pm

All past motivations seem to have been based in material...gain and/or loss...competition for the who has the 'most' of material goods and services.

The changing energies are indicating a more spiritual approach to this kind of motivation.  (The Celestine Prophecies, Conversations With God, etc.) Literature is an indication of our changing focus on future decisions.

jallious

Post by jallious » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:37 pm

I still see nothing in this thread stating how to live 1000 years. Trees may live up to 400 years... Anyway, all you're saying so far is the goods and bads of living so long. Do you actually know how to live this long?

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:46 pm

1000 years? Why didn't you say 'How to be Immortal?'
In time you would realise that such long life is a Curse not a Blessing. Imagine that you are serving life sentence....

jallious

Post by jallious » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Life sentences don't mean for life, they're only for...60 years or so, depending on teh sentence. Some people survive them.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Well, Jallious, I think the discussion has to center on pro and con because no one (as far as I or anyone knows) knows how to live that long.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:48 pm

I think Earl might have a point there.  It seems that this is an academic exercise, however from great thinkers come great ideas which great inventers use to fire imagination and then well it becomes real eventually.

Return to “General Discussion”