Any ideas on how to stop nightmares?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 am

I agree with Spiritalk in that releaving the mind could help. Relax, do something that is fun, take a drive to a place that is cool and soothing. I am not familiar with the Indian inscence dhoop, but I have heard of the Native American sage burning. The placement of a Bible in the problematic room would help. No matter what you try, be sure that you are not fearful, a bad spirit can sense fear and will feed off of it.

Hectron

Post by Hectron » Fri May 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Sometimes there is a certain amount of hidden humidity, for example behind a furniture. This humidity in many occasions generates fungus and their spores annoy during sleep. Have you checked for humidity in this room?

believer

how to stop bad dreams

Post by believer » Fri May 29, 2009 6:40 pm

No I have not checked for humidity or electrical waves.  I need to get one of those gadgets.  For the last week, he has been sleeping in the family room on an air mattress - he thinks it's fun - like a sleep over and he is actually letting me turn the lights off before he is asleep with a nigh light of course.  So far - knock on wood - no bad dreams.  I am a light sleeper myself who dreams alot and even used to sleep walk, talk and yell in my sleep, so maybe he's gotten the bad gene from me - lol!

Believer

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat May 30, 2009 9:31 am

Burning cedar clears negativity, and mixing it with sage makes it 10 times potent.

Stibnite - is a good mineral for protection from entities

Amethyst is good for dreams, under a pillow or at the feet can make it easier to sleep, point facing down to direct energy into body for rest.

Crystals can help absorb and transmute bad energy, including energetic pollution from technology.

Obsidian - psychic and physical protection

Sodalite, Lepidolite - helps sleep, absorbs radiation

Calcite - can fill a room or a body with positive energy, and is cleansing

Placing a stone in a bowl of water beside the bed can help too. Also if the mind is kept busy enough it won't have time to come up with dark phantoms.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 am

If it's caused by spirits then playing music will help, much the better to play it live. Playing music is also stimulating, will keep the mind busy in a healthy way. Could also be a good outlet for expression and release, which could make for lighter sleep.

feistymoon

Post by feistymoon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am

Would you consider getting the room blessed by a priest or minister? I know of friends and family who have done this after sensing 'bad feeling' in one of their rooms.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Maybe having a shaman come and cleanse the house. Placing selenite in the room could help cleanse it. Some of these crystals can be picked up for a few dollars at a crystal store. Tourmaline is good for protection from negative energy.

Return to “General Discussion”