Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Frogg

TV and the Bedroom

Post by Frogg » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:56 am

When I was growing up, I was not allowed a TV in my bedroom.  Now that I am older, not only do I have a TV (and cable, dvd) in my bedroom, but so do my children as well.  I'm sure my parents wouldnt approve.  LOL

Sommerstars8o8

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:33 am

Yes but  i dont have cable anymore  we  now have dish network

bittybones

Post by bittybones » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:09 am

Yes I do have one in my bedroom.  Most of the time it is used when both of my girls want to watch different programs at the same time.  I rarely use it, but it has come in handy when Mister and I want to watch a movie in bed and cuddle then fall asleep with the push of a button and the click of the light.   :)

Tinkerbell_xx

Post by Tinkerbell_xx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:06 am

:smt006

We have got a T.V in our bedroom but is very rare that actuall tele is watched.
We use it once a week or so when me and Hubby snuggle together and watch a D.v.d.
Because there is 8 of us in the house and not always alot of time, we make that " Us " time and we sit and talk about recent things that have happened, or going to happen and it gives us time to fully catch up with eachothers lives a bit....Lol. Then we chill and watch a film or something before we go to sleep.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:16 am

i have seen most of the times when they are a lot of people in the house...then each has a tv in his/ her room.
i especially hate watching TV while having dinner or something!

smartyashas

Post by smartyashas » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:43 pm

i love having a tv and a computer in my room so tat i cud keep myself personal....i am i not right....

lucimhome

Post by lucimhome » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:27 pm

I have a TV in my bedroom. If I didn't I won't be able to sleep. We all have  one in our rooms. This is going to sound funny but ...if we didn't have the TV's on at night we won't be able to sleep. We do it so we can't hear what we think is the ghost who lives here with us. She's up all night walking around and we have hardwood floors so you can really hear her moving around. She likes to walk in circles in the hall way. I have alot of stories about our ghost but she really is active at night. So we leave them on so we don't have to hear the noice in the hall.

paramour

Post by paramour » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 pm

used to, but got rid of it.

mairville

T.V. in bedroom

Post by mairville » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:14 am

A television in the bedroom?  The room's name says it all.  It is a room designed and meant for sleep - for regeneration of body, mind and spirit.  (Well perhaps a little sex too).  Watch your televison in the den, living room, recreation room.

sunshinearies

Yes I do

Post by sunshinearies » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:09 pm

I do have a TV in my room and 2 laptops and 2 desktop computers. IE believe that If i didn't have all that i would go insane.

girlygirl

TV in bedroom

Post by girlygirl » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:35 am

YES,   I can't sleep without some kind of noise

sedona

Post by sedona » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:49 am

Yes I do have one in the bedroom, but it rarely is used by my hubby or myself.  It mostly lives there if our children want to watch a program at the same time.  Sometimes my hubby might watch the news, but that is usually done on the downstairs tv.  If it weren't there, it wouldn't be missed!  (well maybe by the kids lol)

srdurance

Post by srdurance » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:56 am

Yes I have one in the bedroom. I never turn in on. I can go all day without turning any TV on. My kids would be the ones to turn it on first, or my fiance would do so when he's in the room. I hate it at times because my fiance lives in the bedroom laying in his lazy boy recliner with his remote control to his giant size TV. He even bought one for the kitchen, I hate that even more so than the one in the bedroom. He has to find him something to watch before he takes a bite. I can be through eating before he begins most of the time. I have said something to him about it before. Occasionally he will turn it off at my request, but not if he wants to watch something. OOhhh! And he is talking about putting one in our bathroom so that TV can be watched when he's in the jacuzzi. Go figure. Too much for me. He's so material! But I do love him.

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 pm

I live in a 10x12 foot cabin, one room, no running water or phone hook-up.  

I do have a modest home theater system, however--26 inch HD LCD TV, Sony DVD/VHS, cheapie 5.1  speaker system from Wal-mart..

chunkywoman

Post by chunkywoman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:33 pm

We have one in the bedroom too.  Originally I put it there because in winter the house got so cold I couldn't sit in the living room to watch it or do anything for that matter.  So the answer was to put it in the bedroom and crawl under the blankets to stay warm.

Now my hubby hauled home a free big screen tv (one that takes up a good chunk of wall, not the slim kind of nowadays) and that takes up half the living room so the little tv stays in the bedroom.  I consider the bedroom my sanctuary and often times have it on while I work on my paintings while sitting on the bed.  I'd really like to break that habit but haven't yet.

My hubby is such a messy that the tv in the bedroom is the least of the problems.  For example the stack of bills on the shelf (bills hanging over your head) and pile of clothes and guns in the corners...LOL.  And after 19 years of this I am tired of fighting it so I just let his stuff be.

Return to “General Discussion”