Death ---- What's so good about it?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

When it comes down to it death is what religion is all about, we fear death so we invent religions that promise either yes we'll die but be resurrected 'come the day' or yes you'll die be you'l be born again, or yes you'll die but that doesn't matter because all your family and friends are here and god will smile on you forever, all this of course providing you believe and pay.
This fear binds you, let go of your fear, become free, we'll die and that's an end!
Have I seen death?
Yes.
Have I faced death?
Yes 4 times that I can think of off the top of my head.
Am I facing it immanently very possibly, in the longer term - certainly, am I afraid, no! I'll die went it happens and that's all folks, goodnight.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun May 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:When it comes down to it death is what religion is all about, we fear death so we invent religions that promise either yes we'll die but be resurrected 'come the day' or yes you'll die be you'l be born again, or yes you'll die but that doesn't matter because all your family and friends are here and god will smile on you forever, all this of course providing you believe and pay.
This fear binds you, let go of your fear, become free, we'll die and that's an end!
Have I seen death?
Yes.
Have I faced death?
Yes 4 times that I can think of off the top of my head.
Am I facing it immanently very possibly, in the longer term - certainly, am I afraid, no! I'll die went it happens and that's all folks, goodnight.

Hi Prof,

I seem to agree with you.

I think death is a part of Nature, which we call God possibly.... The undeniable TRUTH in life....... comes naturally.

RishiRahul

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 15, 2011 7:35 pm

There is an eternal part of  you alive and well right now - the spirit.  It continues to exist after death of the body.  It retains all experiences from this life.

So when you wake and find yourself conscious be sure to acknowledge that the spirit exists still.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I Think your missing my point entropy is the natural state of the universe, there is no divine order ergo no god - nothing.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:I Think your missing my point entropy is the natural state of the universe, there is no divine order ergo no god - nothing.
Death...the big question....which I don't think any living soul can tell what comes behind.

Then we have two sides....there is Nothing....or there is Something.

If there is Nothing....then there is Nothing to be afraid off...because we stop to feel..we stop to exist...(I think on spirit...not on body..that one is just a shell anyway)

If there is afterlife in any way...in spirit...or as reborn...well then we go on....but it seems we bring very little with us if earth is still our playground.

What I try to convey is:::
Believe in the thing that you personally feel  confidence in....I am almost in the same lane as you prof...but then again...what is nothing?.......no harm in believing there might be use for our energy still...but in what way... I don't know :)
Last edited by Rhutobello on Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackKnight DanielMichael

Post by BlackKnight DanielMichael » Sun May 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Death is a transition from ones current form into another.
GOD exists.

Daniel
Last edited by BlackKnight DanielMichael on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes...that is Your belief...which gives you comfort...which you feel is the truth....then other might see it otherwise, who haven't had your experience.......for me to see God...it is just to see YOU...ME..ANIMALS...NATURE...everything that contain the energy of creation :)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am

Terry Pratchett writes a set of books about Discworld.  He has a character called death.  He collects you at the end of your life when the sands in your timer run out.  He sets you on the road of your own belief regardless of what that is.  I always thought that was quite a good thing and a nice twist that you just get what you believe in.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 am

Ah, DEATH, who talks IN CAPITAL LETTERS, good character, Suz have you read any Conn Iggulden books - really good, historical but very well characterised, there's also a forum!

BlackKnight DanielMichael

Post by BlackKnight DanielMichael » Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 am

There is an Angel of Death,

Daniel
Last edited by BlackKnight DanielMichael on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

No you didn't, if there's no god, there's no god, no devil, there is good and there is evil but are purely a human perspective. What good or evil men do they do because they are men not at the behest of some bogeyman.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon May 16, 2011 2:12 pm

To say no order is not to look around at what is created on this earth.  Who designed, invented and produced the wonder and mystery?  Whether that order is divine or manmade seems to be the stepping stone here.

If there is nothing...nothing to be afraid of.....because you wouldn't have such feellings anyway.
If there is an afterlife...preparation may the key to comfort and peace.

Is the earth the only learning/playground of the soul/spirit?  Continuity seems logical for all the effort put in to the learning.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon May 16, 2011 4:03 pm

I didn't say there was no order I said the the natural state of matter is entropy, neither god nor man made the earth just chance, us evolving - chance, had the dinosaurs not died out/ evolved into birds then all mammals would still be hiding in trees and burrows.
There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world, never mind, just read any decent book on astronomy.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:I didn't say there was no order I said the the natural state of matter is entropy, neither god nor man made the earth just chance, us evolving - chance, had the dinosaurs not died out/ evolved into birds then all mammals would still be hiding in trees and burrows.
There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world, never mind, just read any decent book on astronomy.
/

Deart Prof,

I am in tune with your belief, though I follow the Vedic religion/belief by tradition.

Which is why I mentioned somewhere in this thread that God is probably equal to Nature.

He/She/It is everywhere that is Nature..........Natural... like flower.. like grief... truth etc.. everything that comes natural.

Just listen to it the country song...It just comes natural by George Strait

Rishi

DesertKatie

Post by DesertKatie » Mon May 16, 2011 4:17 pm

I am soo sorry to hear about the kitten :( death is something we all will face but the poor kitten they are so cute they should never have to die.

Return to “General Discussion”