Do You Learn From Your Mistakes?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:29 pm

You two sure make a good team. What could I do if u both were here & under me, I am laughing just thinking about it.

jallious

Post by jallious » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:02 pm

Wow, what erotic/sick things are you thinking of, vish? o.O

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Your both very funny.
:smt006
I think we have to learn our own way and with our own mistakes.  My mothers mistakes are her own and i don't learn from them as i have trodden a very different path.  I think if you keep making the same mistake then thats because you've not learned the lesson well or you don't think the lesson applies to you and your learning the hard way. :)

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:50 am

Dude, I meant as a team working on something, not the sexual way, why do it take what I say in the wrong way??

heididak

REPEATING MISTAKES?

Post by heididak » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:57 am

I THINK  IT IS BECAUSE WE GET MISINFORMED.

heididak

SWETHA

Post by heididak » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:02 am

I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU I LOVE YOUR SCREEN NAME AND THE PICTURE GOES WITH THE WAY I SEE YOU .SORRY WEIRDO ALERT!

denaartfine

Post by denaartfine » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:59 pm

the problem is when u dont learn from ur mistakes & repeat them again

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:18 am

I`ve got problems in the bus stop in winnipeg, and with the bus too, now I got no problems, so I belive yes we learn from mistakes, we just need to see how far can we go on that hole ( mistake) so we can learn how to go back and never have any type of prob lem with it, security. Thats our bad inconscious, I almost froze trying to find way back home alll that time so, IM ALIVE! We do learn from our mistakes.... but it hurts! :)

Lights and Chocolates!
MarcoAZS

Apidej

Endless learning from Mistakes

Post by Apidej » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:47 am

World with rightfullness would be boring.  Mistakes create sense of urgent.  It's mistake that motivate us to pursue for resolution.  What can we do without mistake??

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:07 pm

If none of us made mistakes there would be a lot of boredom in this world , i don't always learn from past mistakes , but i deal with them better ,i think !! ,
i mean there are mistakes like putting your purse in the oven and shoes in the fridge ( yep been there , done that!!).then theres the life changing mistakes these are lifes lessons , i think we are given a choice and i think if youmake the wrong choice and your life changes its not neccessarily a mistake , just fates ways of telling us the path you were on was wrong and yes it will hurt , but then will come the good parts :smt026

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:34 pm

Marcos: that lesson was certainly obvious...sometimes I wish all our lessons were that clear.  What are we to learn from the larger issues of life?  Sometimes that is what I wonder.

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:53 pm

Well I hope I just dont get so cold anymore hehehehehe! Not quite a funny experience you know!
The largers issue are really a big problem when we say "I will do that" and we actually just keep
saying that and doing nothing, That doesnt put us on the right road... I know that many of us
might share some friends that might be having this problem alot, maybe it is ourselves too
and thats something I belive people should remember, that words dont buy actions....
You wOnt learn from your mistakes sitting in front of the tv/computer, thats lazzy, thats stupid
right?

I hope people start looking for new strength......

Love And Methafora
MarcoAZS

Here Again

Learning from Mistakes...

Post by Here Again » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:47 am

:smt005
I believe that if you think you haven't made mistakes, you haven't grown...
That's how you know how far you've come
:smt018  Furthermore...
It's important to learn from All of your other Experiences.

:smt017  "Mistakes" -it's all Relative.  Life is  about LEARNING YOUR LESSONS ...some mistakes/lessons  Hurt, some are Dumb, some feel so Good at the time.
:smt017
They're all Lessons...Say you're learning French...you're going to make mistakes in pronunciation In Order To Perfect Yourself. Remember learning to Kiss? How many Mistakes did You make until you got it Right?
And that Lesson/Mistake didn't really hurt did it?
:smt041

lem

do you learn from your mistakes

Post by lem » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:42 am

Definition: A wrong action attributable to bad judgement or ignorance or inattention. Do we learn from our mistakes? only if that mistake was caused by bad judgement or inattention will we learn from that mistake. If the mistake was caused because of ignorance then the mistake can only be corrected buy learning the correct way to do whatever. Example: I installed a new electric outlet in my garage and it started a fire. Mistake: I used the wrong size wire. This mistake was caused by ignorance. If I did not learn what size wire to to safely wire the outlet I might have rewired the outlet using the same wire not knowing that it was the wire in the first place. Hence, repeating my mistake. Most mistakes are caused by bad judgement or inattention so before you do something, think about the pro's and con's and when you are doing it PAY ATTENTION to what you are doing and don't allow yourself to be distracted. If your not sure about how to do something 100% then research and learn before doing.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Lem, I agree with the technical descriptions regarding wire gauge and all, but so many of the significant choices in life are not so clearly defined.  Let's say a person makes bad judgement calls, like dating the wrong people, or taking the wrong jobs.  That is not so precise as the thickness of wire.  When we make wrong mistakes in life, we hope that we are aware of what we did wrong and learn from the mistakes, lest we repeat them.  Some events, on the other hand, are unforeseeable, and it makes no sense to beat ourselves up over these.  It is a very imprecise science, and it does require us to be vigilant and reflective.

Return to “General Discussion”