What Color Are You Drawn To?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rider

Post by Rider » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 pm

I have always been drawn to earth tone colors, green, tan, black, blue, etc.  I always feel "grounded" when I am outside experiencing nature in it's purest, so perhaps this has a connection to my color preferences.

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm

I love nature too! I love the feel of the wind on my face and the sun, and being barefoot in the grass!
That both grounds me and energizes me. I know exactly what you mean!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

kishorekr69

My fav Color

Post by kishorekr69 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 am

For very long, Aqua Blue is my only favourite colour...

best regards
Kishore

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:55 pm

My favorite color used to be blue, now it is red.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:56 am

i am drawn to all shades of red:)

JewelOfTheSouth

For All The Lovers Of Red

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Color Red

Red is the warmest of all colors. Red is the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males. On the negative side red can mean temper or anger. In China, red is the color of prosperity and joy. Brides wear red and front doors are often painted red. Red is Tuesday's color. Red roses symbolize passionate love. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand. Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War.

Red Energy

Red is associated with fiery heat and warmth. It can also mean danger (burning).

Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the color of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:

increased enthusiasm and interest
more energy
action and confidence to go after your dreams
protection from fears and anxieties

Red gem stone properties

Red gemstones can be used to strengthen the body, promote will power and courage, add vitality, overcome sexual dysfunctions. Carry or place red gemstones around your home or office to stimulate vitality and energy.

Wearing Red

Wear a red accent piece when you want to present yourself as bold and dynamic. It can boost your confidence if you are attending a function or interview where you feel unsure of yourself.

If a woman wears a red dress it usually is associated with sex appeal.

Chakra associated with Red:

Red is the color associated with the Root Chakra at the base of the spine (animal or base nature). This chakra deals with life at the level of practicality. It is responsible for maintaining the body's heat and has a relationship with the circulatory system.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

harvina

Post by harvina » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the explanations. I have lawys liked the color black but recently in the last few years I've become really attarcted to the color red...deep red like maroon..

Cheers

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi Harvina!

I just finished my final exams and will be doing your reading. I am working on someone else right now, but I promise I will get to you. I have to connect and then I'll have it finished. Red denotes a need for power. As in you may feel your personal power is lacking along with some confidence. Red is a wonderful color to use to bring that energy back.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:33 pm

I love blue,it has always been my fav colour...Sky blue or any blue really....But i now like green too...And i have always been a fan of bright colours....But like i said blue is my fav...Everyone says im a blue girl.

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Blue is such a spiritual color and so soothing! It's the color of the ocean and rivers and healing. Perhaps there are some things in your life that remain which are emotional in nature and you are also searching for your spiritual path. Or you have found it and you are drawn to blue for the pure tranquility of it. I love blue too!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi Julie,

Blue is a very soothing colour,i could look at it all day...Wish my car was blue, :P

I think i still am searching for my spiritual path,i am a little lost..Well not lost but i suppose finding my way...So you are right with both those things...But i do love blue with a passion.

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 pm

Me too! Blue represents so many things. You are well on your way to finding those things that are most beneficial to you.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

nancyrella

Post by nancyrella » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 am

mine has varied from only three colors.

red*, yellow, and purple.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:18 pm

It is not a coincidence that MAGENTA is the colour in the upper part of my avatar. =) It is currently my favorite colour - I generally like all colours, though. I painted my walls about a year ago, and I used colour therapy in selecting which colours to apply where. My bedroom has turqoise walls, the ceiling is pink - my livingroom is orange from the bottom and halfway up, the upper half is yellow - ceiling is - you guessed it - magenta.

RoseRed

Re: What Color Are You Drawn To?

Post by RoseRed » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:42 pm

JewelOfTheSouth wrote:I have found over the years as I have changed, and my path has changed, that I do not hold my original "Favorite" color as interesting any longer. When I was a child I loved yellow. As a young adult I loved red, and then I went through a pahse of red and black. Now the color I'm most drawn to is any shade of blue. It is always blue.
hahaha! I am exactly the same as you except that i love green! All sorts of green. My top two fav greens are peridot green and then emerald green.
Yet if I had to still rank them it would be yellow, red, black, green. All with equal points. :) But if someone had to make me chose I would say yellow.
Great thread!

Return to “General Discussion”