capital punishment

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:54 am

you sound innocent, sweet doll. go through the entire thread. the world is hard enough.

i was talking to a friend of mine yesterday. a debate expert all through the academic career she made me speechless with just one argument. "as a tax - paying responsible citizen, i would like to demand that not a single penny of the amount i am taxed, should be used for that murderer."

i had no apt rely. what do you people say?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:01 pm

ConfusedMind wrote:then how to stop law from killing a human being? i found some suggestions in the e-book i mentioned. they seem rather emotional outbursts. can they be applied? what do you think?
Look up anything and everything you can find on natural law.  Study to understand that no matter the actions of human beings, there is effect for every cause.  This would also apply to those who administer a punishment designed by human law.  

Human beings were given free will choices.  It is the nature of the beast to draw to the lowest common denominator instead of the highest mark.  Earth is a learning ground after all.

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:38 pm

i dont believe , less than a common united world government has the power to eradicate the practice , even it will fail .

as long as there be rush to store , there would be the tendency to crime ,

it is an idealistic communist philosophy .

not applicable except in an ice age of sorts .

you would not like what it really means .

you have to sacrifice your most basic instinct for sake of society .

not a task for a peaceful mind .

only extreme love or extreme fear results in such society .

instinct against instinct .

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:26 am

"as long as there be rush to store , there would be the tendency to crime ,

it is an idealistic communist philosophy ."

this is natural. you build, and there are possibilities of destruction. but that should not stop you from creating or improvising.

cant the entirety of humanity find a single replacement of death sentence, which should be a punishment but not 'killing'?

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:53 am

:smt011

I don't believe in punishment at all - I believe in treatment.

If a person cannot be treated, then I believe in killing them as fast and cheap as possible. I'd opt for deportation, but the globe has run out of unclaimed territory. One might say noone has to the right to take life. I say noone has the right to say who has the right. I say there is no right.

I do realize that punishment means that the masses' hunger for revenge gets satisfied. And I also realize that punishment is an effective means of terror. I don't put much stock in either, to be honest - on the contrary. One is an indication of doubt and hate, directed at a demonized individual criminal.

The other has been proven time and again to be misguided and outright false. The US has some of the harshest punishments in the world - it's had that as long as it's existed. It's also had one of the highest crime rates. The idea that harsh punishments mean less crime is simply ignorance.

And really, if there should be capital punishment for something, it should be ignorance... And lying. =)

gryxzl

Post by gryxzl » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I believe in capital punishment -- EVERYONE IN THE CAPITAL SHOULD BE PUNISHED :))

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:56 pm

hehehehehehehe

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Dear gryxzl  & spiritalk ji, why dont u both take part in  my Astrology and Humour forum , u have more sense of Humour, I  found serious thread becoming more funny now

Love,
. .

gryxzl

Post by gryxzl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Thanks for the invite, prasanna.  I'd be glad to join your forum, if only you'd kindly post a link...

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 am

and what about the capitalists? shouldn't they also be punished?

Return to “General Discussion”