Causes of a War??

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Causes of a War??

Post by swetha » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:49 am

what do u think are the main reasons for a war to occur???
i think one main reason is : WOMEN :smt003

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:24 pm

LOL that is a very good reason, but not fully valid in these times.

I would put the reasons for all the future wars to the following resons.

Power & Authority, Superiority, Money, Oil, Water, Respect & Honour, Revenge, Greediness, etc, etc, I will let others answer mopre resons, I always don't have all the answers.

If I persoanlly had to fight a war, I think it will be for Respect & Honour. Power & Authority I like, but I get it even without asking ppl usually come to me so that is something I am good at but not interested in fighting for. Superiority no, everyone is equal according to me. Money nah, I want to be the Richest Man on earth, to help others not for me so not for money. Oil, I don't need, I don't drive a vehicle. Revenge, maybe but I am very forgiving so I think not. Greediness, no again. Now as far as women goes, I wouldn't even think twice before fighting for the honour or respect of a respectable woman, & if the woman is one whom I love & she loves me back, I can destroy anyone for her. But than again that is just me.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Swetha I think u are a bad Influence on me, I always end up saying more than necessary when u ask something.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 pm

LOL vishwas:)
its not becoz of me that u r talking so much.. but becoz u have so much inside u that u wud like to share!
maybe we have better reason for a war now.. but dont u think women were one main reason in olden times?

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Oh yeah, Women & the associated Lust & greediness was one of the major reasons for wars.

Let's say most of the Rajput wars, between 1000 AD & 1600 AD was because some Muslim Invader or other Rajput King liked the wife or daughter of a different Rajput Kingdom, & when they couldn't get those women in the right, proper or Legal way, they fought wars to get them.

Other than that both Ramayana & Mahabhartha in India happened because of Ravan's Lust towards Sita, & Duryodhana's Hatered & revenge against Draupadhi & then the subsequent Revenge the Pandavas wanted against the Kauravas for Draupadhi's humilitation, respectivley.

& the Greeks, have the Illaid by Homer where Helen went to Troy & then the humungous war happened resulting in the death of millions.

Some ppl may say that Ramayana, Mahabhartha, Illaid, & other epic's like them were all Ficionary, but I beg to differ & say there is some shread of truth in all those.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:35 pm

Hey then again before someone decides to kill me, I am not saying all these against any one woman or Women in particular. I respect women, that was just a reply to Swetha's question.

Sophe

Post by Sophe » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:46 pm

I think war has to do with power and control. Even if you look at the olden times...if you look of wars over women is it really because of the women or is it because of those that surround her feel the need to have control over her?

As for the war we are in now...it is over power, greed, oil, etc.

Sophe

AMANUSH-FORCE

Post by AMANUSH-FORCE » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Hello all,

We say that war always occurs due to three reasons "JAR,JORU AUR ZAMEEN" :smt063  :smt067  :smt068  :smt070

JAR-Gold,Money
JORU-Women
Zameen-Land property

source of all human conflict is money, women and property

AMANUSH-FORCE :smt059  :smt111  :smt110

spiritalk

War

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:00 pm

Is is so much over woman? Or is it about woman having any kind of control over their own life?

Wars are fought over boundaries...I claim this land for ...  Then weather patterns come along and redefine the boundaries by natural disasters.  So the point of the war is.....

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:43 pm

hi amanush.. i just heard that saying today... and believe me what a coincidence !!
and i come home and see the same posted on the board:))

but i guess oil= money= power;)

Myst

Post by Myst » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:54 am

Hmm good question. Let us see, Religion is definately one of the major, if not the, cause of wars. I mean lets look at it, 30 yrs war, crusades, the war between catholics and protestants and so and so on. Now, modern day wars, somewhere down under all the other reasons, religion has fueled a lot of wars even today.

I mean look at the state of war between Israel, Palestine, the holocaust, all wars caused fought for colonies and then later for freedom, its all about one group or culture or religion trying to destroy the other...

And then next comes greed.

I have no idea what women have to do here, cuz lust and greed can be seen as much in men and women.

My conclusion, I blame it on Adam and Eve and the original sin LOL (sorry couldnt resist, we've just been discussing that...)...

Ishtahota

We have on the outside what we are on the inside

Post by Ishtahota » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:11 am

As inside so also outside, is one of those things that we have to get into our heads somehow or the other. This is a world of duality and it is our type of consciousness that we use to see our world. As long as we do not heal this inner division in our consciousness we will always have War and Peace, Good and Evil.
    We all know that a King has a great big ego. The King wants to feel whole and compleate so his ego says this beatiful woman over there will compleate you. So he goes and kills thousands of people just to try and feel whole. Well we know this never works because almost all kings had many wives. The ego lied.
    Our world is truely abundand, but because we are in duality and we have egos, if some people are going to have plenty then alot of other people must have very little. It is built into us at our very core, in our consciousness that we must create our true inner reflection.
    As long as people insist on not doing any personal clearing work to end their own duality consciousness then the people that we put in power will reflect this consciousness with all of the decisions that they make.
   If we are split on the inside then our outer world has no choice, but to reflect this back at us.
   North and South, Red and White, Black and White, Communisim and Democracy, Democrates and Republicans. How many reflections do we need to see and how many people have to die before we do what we were told to do thousands of years ago. LOOK WITHIN! And settle our own inner conflicts and the outside world has no choice but to reflect back at us our own true inner nature.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:11 am

ya i think religion too had a major part to play... so u think this cycle will ever end?

Ishtahota

Personal clearing work

Post by Ishtahota » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:20 am

Yes I think the cycle can be ended. If people will do their personal clearing work before they get married and have children. Adults pass on all of their stuff to their children. And if the people insisted that all of their world leaders had to do all of their personal clearing work before they could hold public office. Then change will happen very quickly.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:00 am

Ishtahota what u said, is more easier said than done. I am not blaming u or soemthing, I am happy that u bought up that point & I am happy that other ppl also think that way. But Do u seriously think that is easy or possible??

Religion, yes I have to agree, one of the first things which came to my mind when I read swetha's post was WW2, Hitlers discrinmation towards Jews, & then the Crusades. & I don't know how I forgot to add it in the list of reasons. But that is a true reason.

And as I said Lust & Greed is the real reason why wars have been fought over women. I am not blaming the women, but the men, who are filled with Lust or Greed. That Lust or Greed makes them attracted to a beautiful woman, & when she or her family or her husband, don't want to go to that person, there is a war. & not only wars, even many small & big fights in some part of the world.

I feel there are more reasons, which we can think about.

Return to “General Discussion”