Modality of Signs

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

racheal vaz

Modality of Signs

Post by racheal vaz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:54 am

Modality
The modality of a sign defines its expression. A sign will either be Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable.

Cardinal Signs

Cardinal signs shape and influence. They are enterprising initiators of change.

The Cardinal signs are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.

Fixed Signs
Fixed signs consolidate and preserve. They are determined and focused.

The fixed signs are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius.

Mutable Signs

Mutable signs adapt and adjust. They are flexible and fluid.

The mutable signs are Gemini, Virgo, Pisces and Sagittarius.

YaYa3

More fun keywords for modalities!

Post by YaYa3 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:03 pm

More fun keywords for modalities!
:smt006

Cardinal: high strung, high incidence of alcoholics, changeable, can start the job will a full head of steam (but may not finish), enthusiastic...

Fixed: hard to change their minds, calm, stable, stubborn, slow learners, real nice leaning on these folks..

Mutable: no boundaries therefore can rationalize doing the most oddest or inappropriate things, fun to have along for a friend "anything goes", into communications.

:smt008

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:01 pm

hi yaya3,
that was nice :smt006

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:01 pm

i dont know but i feel i not so leoish. however the people around me have a opinion that i am leo in and out.

i am not at all rigid. i can say sorry when i am wrong. i dont dont know a lot of other things, like i am not at all determined as people would think me to be.

i dont know what to say.

YaYa3

hi

Post by YaYa3 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:35 pm

where is your moon? how strong is your fixed? how many planets in fixed? :smt069

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:25 am

Abhishek wrote:i dont know but i feel i not so leoish. however the people around me have a opinion that i am leo in and out.

i am not at all rigid. i can say sorry when i am wrong. i dont dont know a lot of other things, like i am not at all determined as people would think me to be.

i dont know what to say.
am thinking on this one ..saying sorry when you are wrong..but how long does it take u to say .... :smt014

Hugs
Deborah

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:18 am

give me break. i always amdit it sooner or later. sometimes even at teh cots of gulping my huge ego. :D

Abhishek
Site Admin

Re: hi

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:19 am

YaYa3 wrote:where is your moon? how strong is your fixed? how many planets in fixed? :smt069

i am so clueless about this you wouldnt believe me. look in the leo section i posted my bod etc there maybe that will help get some details about me if any.

Abhishek

morton tolson

looking at all the factors and modality

Post by morton tolson » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:45 pm

Ulysses S. Grant

I think one must take the balance of planets and balance the various points of emphasis before one can get a feeling for a person’s ‘temperament’. And the chart of Ulysses Grant, the Civil War General, is a good example.

His Sun and Rising are both Taurus (Fixed) and determined … In fact he has four planets in fixed signs (three in Tarus and Mars in Leo).

What a strong person!

AND his Moon and four other planets are in Cardinal (active) signs. So – with five, a full half his ten planets in Cardinal, he was a also very active person. And I would suppose that this combination might be good, in a General, during a time of War.

But Grant had only ONE planet in Mutable (adjustable), so the question arises: how well could he adapt to the changing conditions of the battlefield?.

In my opinion it gets interesting here.

What if all that you knew about Grant’s chart was that his Venus is in Pisces and his Moon is in Cancer? Wouldn’t you suspect that with that combination, his emotions and sensitivity would simply have overwhelmed him?.

Well – he was an alcoholic, but when President Lincoln put him in charge of the northern army, he promised to stop drinking.

It is know that he also cared deeply for his soldiers, but saw the necessity to sacrifice their lives in order to save the union. He also cared deeply for his wife.

Interesting combination of elements. And I think this example suggests it is necessary to look at everything in a chart, before attempting to make any conclusions.

Shantana
:smt004

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:28 am

wow ! thats was one of the more interesting articles i have read here... and how true... i do a bit of handwiriting and i know thou there are 100s of isolated cases in an handwriting to draw conclusions from it is never fully accurate till one see the picture as a whole as there will be contradicting signs all over to say the least.

Bravo Shantana. Nice work.

Abhishek

YaYa3

Post by YaYa3 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:05 pm

Shantana knows his or her shit!
Go shantana go!
:smt004

morton tolson

handwriting and personality

Post by morton tolson » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:17 am

Thank you Abishek and Yaya3 ....

and Yaya, it (me) is a He.

And speaking of handwriting, Abishek, I thought the followng (true) story might interest you.

A close friend of mine was determined to completely change her persona. So she changed her name to something very happy, and also -- on learning that one's handwriting is a good indicator of charater and personality, she studied the subject and then actually changed her handwriting to fit the characteristics she wanted.

I don't know which factor had the greatest effect, but she was very determined to remake herself, and did succeed in completely transforming her personality.

Perhaps only a Gemini-Taurus personality could accomplish this! (Changeable AND stubborn)! She was born on the same day as Bob Dylan, and had half her planets in Gemini (along with her Sun), and the other half in Taurus. And both she and Dylan had stelliums -- four or more planets in a sign, which makes for a VERY strong personality; such a person can focus their attention with frightening intensity.

Which makes for success in life, in whatever direction one chooses to go.

shantana :smt004

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:01 am

A close friend of mine was determined to completely change her persona. So she changed her name to something very happy, and also -- on learning that one's handwriting is a good indicator of charater and personality, she studied the subject and then actually changed her handwriting to fit the characteristics she wanted.
Handwriting can reveal stuff one would never think possible. handwriting of each person is as unique as ones fingerprints and there is not much one can hide from an expert.

Infact, what your friend did i have done to myself too. i was at one point of time very conservative, narrow minded, un-socialable... infact years before when i was teenager a psychiatrist analyzed me with personality disorder. i was very very unset at the time. i was used to being an under dog and black sheep among family and friends.

i did everything that was unpopular and i was always reblious. i had my way of doin things. infact there was time... not so long ago when everyone around me believed i was into drugs and stuff. i dont know how it got around but it. infact when i meet my childhood school's principle after like 20 years he came out and directly asked me if it was true.

i dont know what happened. and suddenly i was this new person everyne looked up to. i thaught tooth and nail every step of the way to earn back my respect. you might say i was a man with a mission.

i believed in the powers of handwriting and what i would do. when i really really went into it and studied everything from body language to handwriting to clinical psychology. i started understanding myself better. i became my own worst critic.

i dont know i could go on and bore you people. but i know it did help me and i am still in awe of it.

by the way changing ones handwriting for self imporvement is called *Graphotheraphy*. for those people who dont know. It is one tool which if used correctly is the best way to help yourself.

Abhishek

YaYa3

Post by YaYa3 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:17 pm

How interesting! And what a GOOD idea! Indeed, Gemini/Taurus could do that and then set an example for others. :smt034

It's always nice to hear a hard luck story turned good! I'll have to check my handwriting analysis out. :smt048

cindy

Return to “General Discussion”