Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

riproarin

Keen etc: psychic referral sites: mostly low low quality

Post by riproarin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:37 pm

Feel free to comment or discuss:  
I have done extensive research on this topic and have extensive
education in psychology, psychotherapy, medicine, psychiatry,
neurology, metaphysics etc.

Good quality psychics, online, are as rare as a hens tooth.
Even those who can know some things with a great deal of
precision, and can (and do) make you truly say "wow ..." are very
rarely well qualitied to read questions of importance due to
ethical, moral and a diversity of other kinds of impoverishment,  not the least of which is economic..

ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY FOLKS ......

I have spoken with many many supposed topnotch online
psychics in the past few years and to a few high quality psychics
for going back pushing 30 years now. Its a huge mess out
there.

Keen.com is an especially glaring example or ZERO QUALITY
CONTROL.

Anybody with a computer and a phone can present themselves
as an "advisor" and many are morally impoverished people who
have some ability to know things but none of the numerous other
qualities necessary. Only a tiny number are truly qualified.

This is a list of the most immoral and unethical readers I had
contact with from Keen.com. The first two are individuals
Empress Dawn led me to believe are deliberately misleading
and laughing amongst themselves .... all the way to the bank.

LadyPersephone
THELADYRHIANNON

Eli Casey
Queen of Cups18
Deborahmills
djs25
PSYCHIC MICHAEL SEBASTIAN
Kat8051
Jeannie4569
EMPRESS DAWN
MADAM CHRISTINE
HAPPY2174
Lynn Hutchinson
Harmony2000
Storm Cestavani
Mistress Voice Reader
Master Of Destiny
brock kerriga
Ask Fran

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:53 pm

firstly, welcome to the forum.

what you say has a ring of thruth to it and thats saying nothing at all. there are no rules that say you or mr. / ms xyz or i cant pose as a psychic online. there is not certificate and there is noone but you to judge for yourself if the person you are talking to is real or fake.

i had never been on keen.com before this or even heard of its name. but now that i have been there i know i wouldnt want to be there again. not becuase of crooks but becuase (1) there are so many many places on the internet where you could get free readings from people who expect nothing from you in return for readings.. we hope to make this one such place (2) if i could afford 5 bucks a minute i would rather talk to someone face to face.

Also since you say "list most immoral and unethical readers I had contact with"... do you have any proof to back what you are saying? not that i doubt what you are saying cause i dont see a motive other than to warn other users... but it's more like if you had a bad experience... it would not mean other share the same feeling. if you know what i mean. if you back what you said with proof i would give it more weightage and more serious thought.

just my two cents.

Abhishek

riproarin

proof?

Post by riproarin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:21 pm

Here?

I researched it by first hand experience and spent considerable energy communicating with numerous people who had been longtime callers to Keen and other referral sites .... after a lifetime spent around top notch health care pro's of a variety of types ...

Whether a reader is paid or not is not so much the point, though if they are being paid they can be motivated by money and that can be the end of any quality. Survival issues engage lizard brain and that trumps all other "values" ... insidiously.

The big issue is whether a reader possesses qualities in addition to being able to know some things remotely .... wisdom, altruism, detachment from the money, psychological smarts, true depth of vision. Any one of those missing and you're on thin ice if talking about anything of importance.

Psychics who are well qualified to read for anyone with a telephone and credit card are extremely rare and those with excellence would not hang around the .... how to say ... atmosphere .... of the internet much.

The moral of the story: be damn careful before taking any of these people seriously regarding any issue of importance in your life.....

Places like Keen.com are ALMOST a total write off.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:10 pm

hello,
i too have been very hesitant about psychics.. i dont mean to doubt their capability..just that the trust factor.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:39 pm

i wil beg to differ with both you and swetha. i agree the system is not perfect... but then which one is? both of you talk of trust factor... we practically live and sleep on the internet these days. tell me what makes you trust or distrust anyone? thier conduct right? what you hear about them right? why give a bad name to the whole internet psychic community becuase of a handful of rogues?

i am staunch believer that there are good... in fact very good psychics around on the internet. like you stated they are rare. but trust me they are around. i can say so becuase i have been lucky to have talked to one of them. he went by the name BigGuy on msn psychic chat rooms. i dont know where he is or what he does and stuff like that. but i knew he was good becuase he did a reading for me.

i am wondering if you both ever saw the movie "Leap of Faith" i am not sure but i think Steve Martin played the lead. it was about how steve ( who is a fraudulent faith healer ) and his gang ( helpers ) went from town to town, place to place playing on the fact that people have blind faith, who uses all the tricks in the book to con the people. steve and his gang ( helpers ). When his tour bus breaks down in an impoverished farm town, he falls for a beautiful skeptic and learns a lesson about real miracles.

Seriously though... This film has a great ending and shows what REAL MIRACLES are made of and EXACTLY where they are made...

I think you both should watch this movie. what more can i say. i earn my bread on the internet and if everyone stopped trusting one another because of a bad experiences THE Internet would not be as it is today.

Thanks again for listening.

Abhishek

mbs730

Post by mbs730 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:03 am

I have to agree too that there are a lot of phony psychics out there who charge a crazy amount. But I have to be the devil's advocate for a moment. Unfortunately, because there are so many phonies out there who just want to take your money, the good true psychics are given a bad name because of it. If someone had a bad experience with a phony, then they would say "oh they are all bad" and the good ones are hurt too because of this. But as far as the good true ones charging for their service, that isnt so bad. Its their time, and they have the right to charge BUT here is where the ethics take place. The unethical phony psychics know how to trap people buy getting them in their own ways to come back again and again, just so they get money and thats it. The next thing you know the person has been not only scammed but is in debt. That is beyond wrong. The ethical psychics should make a rule for people who go to them that they wont do a reading for them for more than once a month or once every 6 or 8 weeks or something and not to charge a crazy amount either so they show both that their time IS valuable AND they are not there to trap, just help. And the ones who are true and caring could email the person every now and then to see how things are. Thats my humble opionion :) And if a psychic were to not make themselves sound strangely amazing, and to put that guideline in their description, then that may give off a good vibe for people. What do you think?

Miriam

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:12 am

well, i would only say this much... there are crooks and then some. but losing faith in the whole system is not an answer. just my two cents.

Abhishek

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:27 am

thats what i am saying too. psychics may b there for sure ..and that too gud ones.. but there r so many phonyones that the true ones have been overshadowed. so u dont know whom to trust and whom not to. we r not talkng here about losing faith in the whole system.

cltncblondeeagle

Post by cltncblondeeagle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:44 am

Rip I agree with ya. I feel like once money enters the picture creditablity often leaves it. A gift like this is given to you to help your fellow man/woman not to make money off of them. This is what I believe here.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:15 am

cltncblondeeagle wrote:Rip I agree with ya. I feel like once money enters the picture creditablity often leaves it. A gift like this is given to you to help your fellow man/woman not to make money off of them. This is what I believe here.
i'll differ from you on this point. why cant someone charge and still be good? what i think you mean is that it becomes bad if the person turns greedy and wants more and more and stop bothering about quality or takeing someone for a ride.

any and all skills is a gift if you ask me - be it engineering or painting or building space carft and everything in between. it's almost like saying like engineering is gift beucase it has what has helped the world build bridges and dams and road and computers... and engineer should stop asking for money.

i think it's the *greed* factor and unethical practices thats in question... and not about ethical people with ethical pratice charging you for it.

i hope you understand what i mean.

Abhishek

Deborah

TV program here in USA

Post by Deborah » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:25 am

a woman who use to be a psycic on that Keen came clean ..they own half of the 900 numbers that say call us now we are waiting by..she said her phone would ring and she had to watch tv to know what channel and what advertisment was running ..she said they checked her over very honestly to see if she was who she said she was .......but they took the money not the psycics ..and made there psycics work around the clock..they also teach the psycics to keep people on the phone to collect more from each caller ..
I have made the phone call and i got off the phone wanting to call back and ask what this means or that ...was it clear NO!

I have been face to face with a true psycic ...Ever see the lady come on tv who works with the police? She found a man near my home ...that was missing in a river accident..and that was good enough for me ....but still skeptical... my mom wanted me to go with her to see this lady on the way there we were talking and i tol dmy mother everything the lady would tell her ..my mom paid 40 dollars for 30 minutes with this woman ..and she told her ...why are u asking me all this your daughter already has informed you..now u need to start believing her she has the touch... (whatever was my thoughts back then)
I went into the room with her..she started talking about many things
my father being one...and this is a emotional topic for me...she even quoted his words to me ..creeped me out badly...EVERYTHING she has told me has came true to the bottom line ..
when I walked in the room with her i felt she was real...just like online alot of times just talk to the person dont tell eveyrthing up front ..carry on a converstaion see if you feel confortable with them ..and if u feel they are the real mecoy then ask questions... ..but to call and start right off ??? hmm and be charged ..why go somewhere else when you have a great group here all working together?
Ok said my peace ..gettting off my soap box now ...
Deb

Gail

Pstarving Psychics?

Post by Gail » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:04 am

Abhishek wrote:
cltncblondeeagle wrote:Rip I agree with ya. I feel like once money enters the picture creditablity often leaves it. A gift like this is given to you to help your fellow man/woman not to make money off of them. This is what I believe here.
i'll differ from you on this point. why cant someone charge and still be good? what i think you mean is that it becomes bad if the person turns greedy and wants more and more and stop bothering about quality or takeing someone for a ride.

any and all skills is a gift if you ask me - be it engineering or painting or building space carft and everything in between. it's almost like saying like engineering is gift beucase it has what has helped the world build bridges and dams and road and computers... and engineer should stop asking for money.

i think it's the *greed* factor and unethical practices thats in question... and not about ethical people with ethical pratice charging you for it.

Abhishek
Perfectly said, Abhishek.  There are many gifts that we are to share with each other, but that doesn't mean the person with the gift must go hungry or homeless because they must share it with the world...

Would you expect a gifted musician to play for free?  Would you expect your gifted hairdresser to offer her services at no cost to you?  Of course not, they need to eat, have a place to live, etc.  Well, psychics do also.  Psychics work and they work hard to make the world better for having had them in it.

Anyone can say they are a Doctor, Chef, Musician, Psychic, Webmaster, etc., but that doesn't make it the truth.  Would you think all doctors are scam-artists if you encountered a few bad ones?  Would you expect a REAL doctor to work for free because he has a gift for healing or performing surgery?  Of course not.  

REAL psychics and prophets are known by their works.  Judge their work the same as you would judge any other professional you would consider hiring.  There are many good ones out there--and these days, many can be found on the internet.

HUGGLES! -Gail
:smt020

Cascade of Light

Re: starving Psychics?

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:57 am

Gail wrote:
Abhishek wrote: i'll differ from you on this point. why cant someone charge and still be good? what i think you mean is that it becomes bad if the person turns greedy and wants more and more and stop bothering about quality or takeing someone for a ride.

Abhishek
Perfectly said, Abhishek.  There are many gifts that we are to share with each other, but that doesn't mean the person with the gift must go hungry or homeless because they must share it with the world...

Would you expect a gifted musician to play for free?  Would you expect your gifted hairdresser to offer her services at no cost to you?  Of course not, they need to eat, have a place to live, etc.  Well, psychics do also.  Psychics work and they work hard to make the world better for having had them in it.
Some work hard, many get a kick out of the power it gives them too, not all are altruistic. Many are given power by seekers that feel flattered by the 'psychics' attention. It is a real buzz for the seeker to have a popular reader spend time on them, likewise many readers can take this too far and become arrogant and take a superior know-it all stance.

But I think  the center of the matter though is the word 'gifted'? Some 'psychics' are complete fakes the only gift they have is probably their personability. The 'psychics' cold read, generalise and ask lots of leading questions to get the information they need and then turn it back to the seeker as part of the reading, and flab out a reading to take more time/cost more or be longer and by then usually the seeker will have forgotten what they said and the information they gave then pronouce the reading very accurate.

Anyone can say they are a Doctor, Chef, Musician, Psychic, Webmaster, etc., but that doesn't make it the truth.  Would you think all doctors are scam-artists if you encountered a few bad ones?  Would you expect a REAL doctor to work for free because he has a gift for healing or performing surgery?  Of course not.  
No, but you would expect a real doctor to be struck off if he was a bad surgeon with low rates of success who kept killing people? No-one can stike off a psychic, they just change thier name asnd start up again.
Thankfully real psychics can tell who is behind the persona.

Private psychics have overheads and costs, websites, hosting, publicity. Working for a hotline probably the best you can expect to get paid is around 35p per minute when the line charges £1.53. You are expected to take on different names to bump up the chances of you being called too, and some have a script and tips to extend the reading time.

REAL psychics and prophets are known by their works.  Judge their work the same as you would judge any other professional you would consider hiring.  There are many good ones out there--and these days, many can be found on the internet.

HUGGLES! -Gail
:smt020
There are plenty of good psychics :) Just do your homework and ask questions. For instance does a psychic really need to ask you any questions or do you really need to give the information they are asking for? Be wary if the reading turns more into personal advice too, there should be a distinct line between a reading and advice.

Date of birth is a usual pre-requisite to check age, but if you want a love reading then asking if you are married or in a relationship is a bit suspect. Shouldn't the psychic know? What about if you ask about your career, be wary if the psychic asks for more information about you. Clarification is fine but fishing and delving are not. Pinpointing what you want to know is ok too, that way you don't waste time on other matters but can get straight to the point.
Remember you are paying for their time and not for you to talk!
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

farthirl

Post by farthirl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:04 am

I think the abilities being discussed here are like any other skill: they have to be learned. Since very few people have natural ability, the skills are at a premium. My two cents: let the psychic charge what the demand in the market allows. As the number of people capable of doing readings go up, the price should lower.

The best way to solve this problem? Let everyone develop their abilities. How is it that a person can be dishonest if everyone is going to know anyway?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:17 pm

To charge or not to charge is the question.  And it has rung for so long it gets old.  We need to stop callling
psychic abilities 'gifts'.  Gifts are given and no one else has it.  That is just NOT true about psychic abilities.  
We all have them if we choose to use that sensitive area of our being. That makes them a talent, skill, ability
not a gift.  

Now you also have many other talents within your makeup.  Some given to you from birth and some you
developed as your education.  The ones you choose to charge to express is a personal choice.  And just
because one was given you as a spiritual talent does not prevent the charging for your time and skills.
God bless, J

Return to “General Discussion”