COLORS

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

coboda

COLORS

Post by coboda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:46 pm

There are a lot of things regarding moods, how to get through your day, favorable numbers, etc. , but is there a way to find out a favorable color for the day to wear?

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:54 pm

I found wearing pastle colours helps to make the day feel comfortable, but on the other hand you could also wear dark colours if you feel out of control.

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:13 pm

ive heard that blue is the colour of confidence...

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:15 pm

satanic-pranay wrote:ive heard that blue is the colour of confidence...
I ware black for protection.. But light blue is soothing for me... And Pink~!! :-)

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:18 pm

Did  you know that those who dress in red are more confident in themselves?
Did  you know that those who dress in yellow are those that enjoy their beauty?
Did  you know that those who dress in black, are those who want to be unnoticed and  need your help and understanding?

Got this in a mail...hope this helps..

AutumnMoonWicca

Colours

Post by AutumnMoonWicca » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:19 pm

I believe that all colors have a specific meaning and they are different for everyone...so wear what make YOU happy and you will be happy!

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:30 pm

yaa that is right....u definately shud be happy in what ur wearing no matter what it may be..as long as ur happy to hell wih wat thers say..

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Colours don't make any difference in how I feel, only I can make the change in how I feel.

Ms_Guided Angel

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:34 pm

When I look in my closet, I see 90% black, 5% brown, and the rest a mix of dark blues, red, greens, and deep orange. Once in a while, I'll go with baby pinks and blues... but black is my favorite, I feel like I blend into the background in black..just the way I like it!  Oh...and is camoflage a color...lol...I love Camo!

Here is a link to a neat color personality test I just found...very neat..."This test is partially based on research by Dr. Max Lûscher during the early 1900's. He has devoted his life to the study of how color affects behavior and has been hired by some of the world's largest companies as a consultant."   http://www.colorquiz.com/

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:45 pm

Ms_Guided Angel wrote:When I look in my closet, I see 90% black, 5% brown, and the rest a mix of dark blues, red, greens, and deep orange. Once in a while, I'll go with baby pinks and blues... but black is my favorite, I feel like I blend into the background in black..just the way I like it!  Oh...and is camoflage a color...lol...I love Camo!

Here is a link to a neat color personality test I just found...very neat..."This test is partially based on research by Dr. Max Lûscher during the early 1900's. He has devoted his life to the study of how color affects behavior and has been hired by some of the world's largest companies as a consultant."   http://www.colorquiz.com/
OMG~!! Just put a big L on my forhead.. Ha-Ha~!!
Thanks D,  :smt006
====================

Your Existing Situation
The fear of rebuff and the extreme caution of her approach make it difficult for her to achieve the degree of intimacy and identification she desires.

Your Stress Sources
Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads her to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.

Your Restrained Characteristics
Remains emotionally unattached even when involved in a close relationship.
Circumstances are restrictive and hampering, forcing her to forgo all joys and pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
Feels too much is being asked of her and is tired out, but still wants to overcome her difficulties and establish herself despite the effect such an effort would house on her. Proud, but redesigned in her attitude. Needs recognition, security, and fewer problems.

Your Actual Problem
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about her prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence her. Tries to assert herself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen her position.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:54 pm

A study was conducted in prison to see how colour affected the violence and aggression.  They changed the institutional green to a pink and found a complete reduction in aggression.  After some time at that colour, the aggression returned and was escalated.  

Yes, colours are important to our well being...even when we don't realize it nor consider its affect.  Check out:
http://www.auracolors.com/test.htm for some interesting ideas on yourself.

Psychic, mediumship, ESP, paranormal, metaphysics ...they all use colour as a source of interest as well as study.  The colours have some standard meanings depending upon the literature you find:

Spiritual meanings:
Blue:  intuition, healing
Green:  growth, healing
Pink:  Love
Yellow:  Mental accuity, knowledge, wisdom
White:  spirit energy, contains all colours
Mauve/Purple:  spirituality, spiritual service to others

Material Meanings:
Red:  high energy such as anger, love
Brown: material energies of your life's path
Black: lack of colour

Consider how the sky paints a rainbow of many colours.  We can repeat this wonderful process with a crystal in the window and light filtered through tree branches and leaves.

Ms_Guided Angel

Post by Ms_Guided Angel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:19 pm

Nicole,  Thanks for following the link..I thought it was interesting....

Here are my results..don't feel like you do...mine is worse...lol. Although there is a little truth in it.!

Your Existing Situation
Working to improve her image in the eyes of others so as to obtain their compliance and agreement with her needs and wishes.

Your Stress Sources
Feels that life must yield more than it is and that her hopes and desires must somehow be realized--that they must be granted in their entirety. The existing uncertainty causes considerable worry and she is tensely on her guard against missing any opportunity. Anxious to avoid further setbacks, and loss of standing or prestige. Tries to make sure that she will not be overlooked and badly needs security.

Circumstances force her to compromise and to forgo some pleasures for the time being. Capable of achieving physical satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
Strives for a life rich in activity and experience, and for a close bond offering sexual and emotional fulfillment.

Your Actual Problem
The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

Your Actual Problem #2
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to stress and anxiety. She wants congenial contact with others and scope for development, but feels that her relationships are empty and her progress impeded. She reacts with an intense and zealous activity designed to achieve her aims at all costs.

Nicole

Colors~!!

Post by Nicole » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:29 pm

Ms_Guided Angel wrote:Nicole,  Thanks for following the link..I thought it was interesting....

Here are my results..don't feel like you do...mine is worse...lol. Although there is a little truth in it.!

Your Existing Situation
Working to improve her image in the eyes of others so as to obtain their compliance and agreement with her needs and wishes.

Your Stress Sources
Feels that life must yield more than it is and that her hopes and desires must somehow be realized--that they must be granted in their entirety. The existing uncertainty causes considerable worry and she is tensely on her guard against missing any opportunity. Anxious to avoid further setbacks, and loss of standing or prestige. Tries to make sure that she will not be overlooked and badly needs security.

Circumstances force her to compromise and to forgo some pleasures for the time being. Capable of achieving physical satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
Strives for a life rich in activity and experience, and for a close bond offering sexual and emotional fulfillment.

Your Actual Problem
The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

Your Actual Problem #2
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to stress and anxiety. She wants congenial contact with others and scope for development, but feels that her relationships are empty and her progress impeded. She reacts with an intense and zealous activity designed to achieve her aims at all costs.
I think we just like dark colors.. I was clicking the dark first, then that yellow... It's funny, I was looking at it~!! but didn't click it untill last, well almost last..lol You also~??

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:58 am

I don't know what to say about this, except it is mostly true. Some others things I am still seeing if the fit me.

Your Existing Situation

Works well in cooperation with others but is disinclined to take the leading role. Needs a personal life of mutual understanding and freedom from discord.

Your Stress Sources

Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates him and inhibits his readiness to give himself freely. While he wants to surrender and let himself go, he regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, he feels, will lift him above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

An unadmitted lack of confidence makes him careful to avoid open conflict and he feels he must make the best of things as they are.

Clings to his belief that his hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to his choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Sensitive and sentimental, but conceals this from all except those very close to him.

Your Desired Objective

Suffering from the effects of those things which are being rejected as disagreeable, and is strongly resisting them. Just wants to be left in peace.

Your Actual Problem

The need for esteem--for the chance to play some outstanding part and make a name for himself--has become imperative. He reacts by insisting on being the center of attention, and refuses to play an impersonal or minor role.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:50 pm

Ok this following post about colours was written by my friend, & I am posting it here without her permission as she isn't online, I know she won't mind it, but will mention her name, don't want her killing me u know. LOL. Here goes:

Colours are important in many facts of things, such as candles, rooms, material, and general objects. Different Colours Create different environments. Some colours also have meanings and powers behind them.

White  Lack of colour, highest consciousness, Protection, Purification, healing. Balance, birth, Children And Pets. It is also linked the The Moon, Monday, it can be used in place of any colour. Is linked to female, and the Astrological sign of Cancer.

BLACK  Saturn, and saturn, both Male and Female, and linked to The Astrological sign of Capricorn.

BROWN  Grounding, Earth's energy, Centering Consciousness, Success in labor, Tree an Faerie Magick. Monday - Moon, Friday - Venus. Astrological Sign: Libra

GRAY  Neutral, erases without repercussion, helps as an aid in Balancing, Moon - Monday, Both Female and Male.

BLUE  Wisdom, Relaxation, Calmness, Sleep, Truth, Loyalty, Dreams, Emotions.

Light. Blue - Peace, Patience, Health
Dark. Blue - Banish Depression, Justice
Astrological Sign: Aquarius (dk.blue)
Pisces (Royal Blue)

Yellow - Mental Clarity, Knowledge, Concentration, Healing, Wednesday, Mercury, Male
Astrological Sign: Virgo

RED Depending on type of red can be very dangerous. Caution. Please keep to light shades. Red - Physical Pleasures, Stimulation, Lust, Anger, Hate, Marriage, Courage, Strength, Enemies.  Tuesday, Mars.Male
Astrological Sign: Scorpio, Aries

PURPLE =Psychic enhancement. Wisdom, Law, Power, Recognition, Thursday, Jupiter, Male, Astrological Sign: Sagittarius

GREEN Money, Herbal Magick, success, Growth, Healing, Gardening, Faerie Magick, Friday - Venus, Wednesday - Mercury, Female and Male, Astrological Sign: Gemini.

- Valchenolf

Return to “General Discussion”