ARE YOU AN ADULT INDIGO?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

FloridaLightWorker

ARE YOU AN ADULT INDIGO?

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:28 am

Do Adult Indigos exist? YES!!! They did not just start coming at rates of 90% of the incoming population in 1992. I believe there have always been some Indigos, the amount of which has only increased through the last 50 years or so. My guess on percentages is that Indigos make up approximately 15-25% of 20-30 year olds, 10-15% of 30-40 yr olds, 5-10% of 40-50 yr olds and 0-5% PRIOR to that time. That's MY opinion, not a fact. Some of us are here to pave the way for today's massive influx of Indigo energy, to break down some barriers and to be advocates and support systems for these children.

Indigo Adult Characteristics

1. Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

2. Are very creative and enjoy making things.

3. Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

4. Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

5. Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

6. May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

7. Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

8. Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

9. Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

10. May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

11. May have trouble with RAGE.

12. Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

13. Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

14. Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

15.Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

16. Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

17. Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

18. Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

19. Have strong intuition.

20. Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

21. Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

22. May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

23. May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

24. Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

25. Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

I am an Adult Indigo that was born in 1943 and one of the 'early vangards' here on earth. I worked for a parapsychologist in the early 70's as a researcher, in NYC. Worked around medicine and healing most of my life. I have been on a lifelong spiritual quest following the 'light' path. I try to help others on their quest, and teach when people are ready. I have never found total 'balance' and life has given me strength, health and I am joyful each day of my life at age 63. . .

Blessings! Linda  :smt060

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:45 am

Hehehe looks like 1943 was a good year for Indigo, feel I can say yes to a lot of those Characteristics :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:01 pm

I'm not so sure about myself, I don't know if I fit into the criteria of a Indigo Adult, but a lot of what I had read stuck me out like a sore thumb. (1962)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:59 pm

I would have to say no to the beginning 10 and quit reading.  What judgements!  What nonsense in my opinion!  I see each and every one of us as individuals and in that, there is no label that will fit all.  But in this case, it wasn't even close to the old indigos.  

I do feel we are forerunners for the current batch of children (under any label) and that it is a big responsibility to help where possible (children, grandchildren, etc.) to bring enlightenment to the darkness.  Giving service has been a big part of my life and certainly I feel that is where I belong.  So being of help is natural and helps open the mind of anyone in the situation.

pranay

Post by pranay » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:55 pm

i must say most of these points stated there do match with me!

its freaky!....

am an adult indigo?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 pm

Perhaps the whole picture of the Indigo is to learn not to label?  Each human being is unique and individual.  As they learn in their own way, so much that is labeled will not fit.  Opening the scope is a big part of the spiritual teachings for every child born.

FloridaLightWorker

I agree with you spiritalk. . .

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:45 pm

Dear spiritalk,

Perhaps the whole picture of the Indigo is to learn not to label?  Each human being is unique and individual.  As they learn in their own way, so much that is labeled will not fit.  Opening the scope is a big part of the spiritual teachings for every child born.

I agree with you 100%! We presently live in a linear/logical world. Hopefully in the future this will change to 'spirit' and 5th demension. For now teaching to me means being able to identify certain qualities in a spiritual sense to open the minds of those who are on their 'spiritual quest'. I do not know any way to do this other than to give it a 'temporary label'. . .  which will be discarded as the soul evolves here on earth. This is only a guide for progression of the soul.

You and I are older and I do not know how you learned your 'first' spiritual beginnings other than what your soul knew. I was working in 1971 for a parapsychologist in NYC and asked Dr Carlos Osis if anyone gave classes and I had a 12 week course with a wonderful psychic that taught Metaphysics. At that time I needed to know what to call things and it was very beneficial to my growth. I abandoned those 'labels' as time went on. . .  

Blessings! Linda
 :smt060

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:01 pm

A lot of my spirituality has been spirit impressed.  If someone asks me how I 'know' anything in particular...the source usually aludes me.  I know I have read a lot...years will do that!...but spirit input has always been there....even when I didn't know what it was and how it works.

I have never really liked labels.  The reason is...we are evolve and change.  We are not the baby born to our mothers in body, mind, or spirit.  So how could any of these labels mean anything at all.  In colour tests I am told I am Indigo by colour definitions.  The list of what that means did NOT resonnate with me.  I did not fit.  So perhaps in that particular study I am NOT an Indigo.  Who really knows or cares?

My spirit tells me we are heading for the looming ending...which is the materialistic approach to life...in favour of the spiritual approach.  God knows, that is my prayer!

BLACKCAT

Post by BLACKCAT » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:05 pm

i answered 20 yes out of twenty five. i don't think I'm an indigo. i don't really understand what an indigo child or adult is.
what does it mean to be indigo?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:00 pm

Every so many years there is a batch of children born who are truly 'special' (now, here I want to emphasize ALL children are special...especially to their parents!) and seem to have some form of 'smarts' beyond the average.  In some this manifests as an intellectual 'more' and in some it has come as a spiritual 'more.  The indigo is the spiritual more in the latest batch of children.  But the definitions definitely go back and as I know it to be to at least the 40s.

Remembering that we do not all fulfil our promise, it is just a potential and possibility.  What anyone does with their benefits of birth is up to the individual.

batnitchka

Post by batnitchka » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 am

....deleted for privacy....

stupid stalkers   :smt013
Last edited by batnitchka on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Re: ARE YOU AN ADULT INDIGO?

Post by Vishwas » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:19 pm

FloridaLightWorker wrote:

Indigo Adult Characteristics

1. Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

Well many ppl say I am a very intelligent guy, maybe more than anyone they have ever met, but most are hypocrites, they say the exact opposite of that, after seeing my grades.

2. Are very creative and enjoy making things.

Not very much creative, but do enjoy making things, but no time for all that nowadays.

3. Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

Yes.

4. Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

Absolutly, I hated school & the school work, & the bullies, just liked my friends there, that is one of the main reasons I went to school daily.

5. Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

I have rebelled in many ways, & was always seen as the rebel in school & college, but didn't do as much as I wanted or wished.

6. May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

Yes, but didn't have suicidal feelings because then I used to think ppl who suicided where cowards & quitters, especially after my sister started having those feelings.

7. Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

I hate authority & caste system (both in religion & employment), luckly I don't have very authrotative ppl above me in my work place. If there was someone, I would have blasted them.

8. Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

I prefer working in a team, but have been the leader by default, don't know why always say I am leader material & put the leadership to me, but then again I don't like authority over me.

9. Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

100% true.

10. May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

I am usually (full shielding) don't show any emotions, but am internally very emoionally sensitive & many times have cried at the drop of a hat, the recent one was couple of months ago.

11. May have trouble with RAGE.

Yes, very much.

12. Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

Yes.

13. Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

I am angry with the politics, but want to fix it.

14. Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

To a major extent yes.

15.Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

Yes, more fury than fear.

16. Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

Yes, very much 1000%.

17. Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

Yes, do have interest from a long time, but never have been able to work upon it.

18. Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

None actually, because I eventually find fault in anyone who is a IDOL material, after all they are human too (that is a bad thing I know)

19. Have strong intuition.

I surly hope so, had one major experience, which I have posted on the site.

20. Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

Yes.

21. Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

Not yet to any of them except hearing voices, but mostly the voices are shouting/crying out my name.

22. May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

No, electric stuff works rather well around me.

23. May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

I believe in it, but am not aware of it.

24. Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

No comments, too personal. But I will say this, I don't really see sex as very important thing, it is a recreation & fun for many ppl today, & obviously it is a way of reproduction. But more importantly I see it as a merging of souls, & think it is something very spiritual (for want of a better word), but I think I will hold of it, till I get married.

25. Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

Yes, I am here, am I not.

Last edited by Vishwas on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tish

Post by Tish » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:13 pm

Your 25 point list seems to describe me almost exactly, except for the electrical sensitivity, although my relationship with machines is a little out of the ordinary in that I seem to sense them as living things, and I get fond of them!  I have had loads of what most people would consider "strange" things happen to me all my life, and I would like to exchange information with other perceptive people as I am still trying to understand what some of them meant and how it all works.

I dislike authority because I have always felt that I answer only to a higher power.  Anyone else feel that?  I follow the path of the light.  On one level my life is perfectly ordinary, yet on another level it has always been wonderfully mystical.  As I understand, we are here to learn, refine our core selves, and so be able to produce the amazing golden energy called love.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:13 pm

I agree with u on that Tish.

Tish

Post by Tish » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Thank you, Vishwas.  I have always felt that my attitude is on the one hand rather arrogant, but on the other, it's necessary if we are to challenge existing prejudices and ideas (that is, not accepting authority, or at least without question).  Spiritual rights and wrongs are not the same as legal rights and wrongs.  I don't see myself as a rebel, I don't go around looking for rules to break.  I see myself as a maverick.  I do what I feel is right, regardless of whether the people around me or the laws agree.

Indigos, as the next wave of change, need to feel themselves not to be bound by the traditions/conventions of those around them.  That's why they are unimpressed by authority (this is how we do things, don't ask why).

Return to “General Discussion”