Family, What does this mean to you?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Samson

Family, What does this mean to you?

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Hi all members of this fine forum, I'm looking at how one looks at there Family, it doesn't matter if your single, married, gay or straight, everyone has a Family.

Nicole

Re: Family, What does this mean to you?

Post by Nicole » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Samson wrote:Hi all members of this fine forum, I'm looking at how one looks at there Family, it doesn't matter if your single, married, gay or straight, everyone has a Family.
I love my family no matter what... I don't always agree with them of how one lives, as they don't with me, or maybe they do...lol....  I'm learning to walk away and let one live how they want to, and not tell them what to do, or how to do it.. If they ask me my opinion I'll give it to them strait~!! if they take it so be it. if not. I move on still... LOL Sounds harsh maybe. But that's how I am...
N.H state plats say ( Live Free or Die ).. I tend to think that's the right statement~!!
Do as you please, but don't bring me down with yeah~!! LOL

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:20 pm

family means a lot:)
but u need to give everyone theirs space.. so u repect their space, they respect urs in return:)

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Nicole wrote:I love my family no matter what... I don't always agree with them of how one lives, as they don't with me, or maybe they do...lol....  I'm learning to walk away and let one live how they want to, and not tell them what to do, or how to do it.. If they ask me my opinion I'll give it to them strait~!! if they take it so be it. if not. I move on still... LOL Sounds harsh maybe. But that's how I am...
Ditto!

Barbi

Family

Post by Barbi » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:20 pm

This is a tough one for me as I have my family of origin (FOO) and we are not close, Never have been I am closer to my oldest brother but we still really never get togther. It is a long story as to why. My mother lives with us and that is hard at times.

But then I have my family of choice (FOC) and those are the people I know I can count on and will be there, some of them are from my FOO but it is ones I choose to be in my family.

Barbi

marleencanada

Post by marleencanada » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:12 pm

HELLO, THAT IS A GOOD QUESTION.... WHAT DOES  A FAMILY MEAN TO US???  WELL THAT IS EASY FOR ME, A FAMILY IS YOUR PARENTS, BROTHERS, SISTERS, SPOUSE., OR YOUR OWN CHILDREN, MAYBE EVEN FRIENDS.
A FAMILY IS CONSIDERED AS MORE THAN ONE PERSON, BUT YOU REALLY ARE BROUGHT ALL INTO ONE.  YOU LOVE, CARE, RESPECT, YOU PROTECT THEM.  YOU ENJOY EVERY MOMENT, HOUR, MINUTE, AND DAY WITH THEM..... AS FOR WE ONLY LIVE ONCE.
THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW...

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:23 pm

Marleen that is a good point of view that you speak of, but not everyone in the world shares the same.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:17 pm

We are born into a family with no choice, we choose our friends!  Sometimes it is just easier to have a fun and invigorating time with friends rather than family.  And what about when you feel you do not belong in the family values that are set by the parents?

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Spiritalk what do you mean by family values?

Barbi

Family

Post by Barbi » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:18 am

I think I understand about family values, I know that most of us either become parents like we have, or go a different direction. A lot of abusive families, the children grow up have famlies of thier own and do not want thier children to live through what they did, sometimes they swing to far and are to permissive. It would be so much easier if a manual came with each child you have. LOL

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 am

Now I understand what family values means, it's sad when the family splits up like that it doesn't become a family anymore, it becomes hardship and sorrow.

Barbi

Family

Post by Barbi » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:44 am

Yes it is sad, in my family I have 3 brothers none of whom talk to each other, the anger that is there is just unbelievable, I talk to two of them but the other one has something he is angry with me about. So as I had stated my family other than my hubby,2 children one daughter in law and 5 grand kids, My family is my friends.
I do have to say that has tought me alot. And one of those lessons is communication.

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:51 am

I can understand where your coming from Barbi, I have three brothers I don't talk to and there's six of us in my family.

Karen George

My thoughts on family

Post by Karen George » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:28 pm

First off I am one of the fortunate ones. I have the family I married into and the one I grew up in.
I think the family someone marries into must try to get along. This is my Th marriage and in the first 2 no one got along. The third one I got along better with the in-laws then my spouse. The family I am married into now is great. My husband and I live in my mother-in-laws house and it has been over 6 years now and only one argument in that time. We all know that we are all different and we work with each other in order that we do get along. We do not raise our voices to each other. We quietly discuss our fillings ASAP so they do not get blown out of proportion. If you do not talk about it right away then your mine will keep adding to it until you are ready to explode from it.
My other family has 5 girls in it. We had a lot of problems at first. My mother and father were NOT made for each other. After the divorce there was still a lot of problems until the 5 girls got together and decided since (we were all married to military men) we were Finlay all in the USA again that we needed a family reunion. We had to have all 5 of us and mom and dad too. It was to be at my house. I point blank told mom and dad they were coming and if they could not get along for one day for the 5 of us girls then I knew how to call the police to have them removed. We had the reunion and everyone had a blast. By the time everyone was ready to go home mom and pop were talking and laughing together.
Sometimes the children do know better.
My dad passed away in 95 and we now have a new pop and everything is great. I just pray that we will always be able to get together at least once in 5 years. The phone is not the same as being able to hug your loved ones.

DeeFrap

What family means to me

Post by DeeFrap » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:47 am

Family are those people who love you unconditionally.  I was raised in a very loving home and I feel lucky to have had that home.  I am trying to give the same home to my daughter.    Family is there when you need them and there in the background always.    My family has always been present in my life.    I like to think I am a very lucky person when it comes to family.

Return to “General Discussion”