soul mate question?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

soul mate question?

Post by Deborah » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:15 am

How do you know your soul mate .... is there some thing that is different?

To give back to you
What you've given to me
Would take me nearly an eternity
Through all the special time we've shared
You have taught me to love, learn, and care
Through all the hard times we've been through
Helps to prove our love is true

To give back to you
What you've given to me
Would take me nearly an eternity
But if that's what it takes
It's what I'll do
To prove the love
That I feel for you.

The clock is ticking :smt004 :smt009 :smt017 :smt007

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:20 am

you know i dont believe in the concept of soulmates. but a mate is who stands by you and doesnt asks "why". i dont know... its to simple and to complicated at the same time.

Abhishek

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:05 am

ya i agree with Abhi,
u just need a mate with whom u r comfortable.
swetha

cltncblondeeagle

Post by cltncblondeeagle » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:31 am

To me that soul mate stuff is nothing but a joke. Here is a book to back up my thoughts too:

http://www.ozztv.net/ozzbooks/banner_pr ... lmates.asp

tomas

Post by tomas » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:52 am

I'm going to agree with both sides in this discussion. *smiles*

"BE YOUR OWN SOULMATE

M.W., psychic and the creator of "The Five Second Life" quiz is back to share her secrets to identifying and achieving your heart's desires. In doing so, M.W. explains how you can become your own soulmate. This process requires that you reject the idea that only another person (the elusive soulmate) can bring you happiness, and embrace the power of your own will in achieving anything you can imagine.

Filled with specific details on identifying your heart's desires, then creating a plan to achieve them, this book is an ideal tool for making your dream a reality. There Are No Soulmates is a terrific way to help you prepare for the fantastic life you deserve, even if you're single."

*quote from this site* http://www.ozztv.net/ozzbooks/banner_pr ... lmates.asp

Yeah, movies and fairytails have told us that there's somebody for everyone, and in reality, it's true, but unfortunately a helluva lot of the members of the human race never get to meet that someone. The world is a big place filled with millions of people, all different, and with all those people, it'd be hard to say that there isn't someone for everyone.

Swetha's got the answer down pretty well, my definition of 'soulmate' is a person that meshs well with you, and you with them. Being around them makes you happy, doing things with them is fun, etc. You can see where I'm going with this. A soulmate does not have to be a lover, they could be a very close friend, too, although most look at the term as meaning the love of your life.

But (yeah, the dreaded 'but') you need to be happy with yourself first and that can be a tough thing to do. You need to find what makes you happy within yourself. a sense of worth, so to speak, in your own eyes, and lots of people never find the answer to that. They look and look, and they find things that make 'em happy for a time, but soon they're lookin' again. But too many are lookin' in the wrong place first, outside at material things, rather than inside to define what they're really lookin' for first.

I've not read any of this author's works, so I can't really say whether this book is a good read, but she sounds like she's got the right idea.

tomas

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:08 pm

tomas wrote: "BE YOUR OWN SOULMATE
now thats worth a billion dollars.

there is this song in hindi from a movie... which goes somehting like... "maan mein shakti dena, maan vijay kare, dusro ko jai se phele, khud ko jai kare..."

i'll try my best to translate it to english... but i dont know if it will hold the same depth as the song in its original form... "give me inner strength, so i can conquor my mind, before someone else shows me respect, i should respct myself"

this isnt a litral translation... but what i meant. sometimes it can be awefully difficult to translate... if you know what i mean.

"BE YOUR OWN SOULMATE, i cant get over it. very well said.

Abhishek

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:56 pm

tomas wrote:you need to be happy with yourself first
tomas
i truly agree on this. as long as this doesnt happen, nothing else will ever matter.
swetha

In2itive_Spirit

Post by In2itive_Spirit » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:29 pm

I used to think that a soul mate would be this one person I was destined to be with..
Now I look at it much differently.. I think we have many soul mates..
Even the people who have brought conflict and challenge in my life have possibly been soul mates because no matter how hard those experiences were, I can look back and see how they changed and effected the whole course of my life's path...
I think soul mates are souls or energies we maybe have walked with before in previous lives...
There are times you meet certain people and the connection is so strong and uncanny and there is this real feeling that they are in your life for a reason..Even if that reason turns out to be a hard lesson..Most of the time you can find the value in it at a later point...
People who have effected my life in the most profound ways, seem to me to be my soulmate(s)
Who knows, even among us here we are brought together for a certain reason....
I dont believe in coincidence and strongly feel lots of things happen for a bigger purpose..
When something goes wrong in my life, I now stop and say "ok universe, what are you trying to teach me?" And I can see that lots of times, i myself have created that problem to learn something..Doesn't feel like it when its going on...its that after look that makes you say "ahh, I see..."

love and light
In2

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:20 pm

what u say does make some sense:)
swetha

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:50 am

doesn't a soulmate also mean someone who makes you feel comfortable and you feel you relate to from you past births?

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:30 am

I believe in soul mates. and I believe there could be more than one. I am saying this from my personal experience. My best friend who has always understood me and been there whenever, whatever i required, is a kind of soul mate to me. On the other hand, my husband, is also my soul mate. He just understands me, knows me to the core, and is always there for me. No matter how easy or difficult the situation is. So, i can say, i have 2 soulmates. My husband and my best friend.

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:02 pm

I agree mostly with In2itive Spirit. I think we have soulmates, part of our soul group- people that are significant to us in each lifetime. Members of our soul group were probably with us in our past lives.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Soul mates do NOT have to refer to past lives.  It is about the relationships we encounter that touch our soul.

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:24 pm

spiritalk wrote: It is about the relationships we encounter that touch our soul.
So true!

Return to “General Discussion”