Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

seema

Happiness

Post by seema » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:40 pm

hi,
how would u define happiness?
i just dont know what it means anymore? :smt017
wud like to know how u guys feel about it.

seema

coolguy

Post by coolguy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:32 am

happiness...acc to me wud mean to b glad of something. the satisfaction u feel after u do something u like. the feeling inside u which gives u peace of mind.

Pravin Kumar

Happiness

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:23 am

Dear Seema,

What do you mean what is Happiness? Have you never experienced it in your childhood? Or do you feel depressed at present? True happiness is only felt when u merge yourelf with HIM i.e. at the higher stage of meditation when the body becomes lifeless and only the head is at the top. You do not feel any body pain etc. You are so deep into Alpha Level, a state where the brain beats between 7 to 14 cycles per second, and you are simply floating up above in the air by yourself looking around full of happiness. The feeling is one very difficult to describe but easily felt when you are in that state.

In such a state a person never wants to come back to life. Just follow this:

1. Do not critise anyone behind him/her. If you have any misgiving then say it in the presence of that person.

2. Do not gossip at all as this is the cause of harm to many.

3. Always Donate something or the other at all times, daily at least. Donate money howsoever little, clothes or any thing in kind. You will remember there are still people who save some amount as donation separtely and give it to helpful organisations or to the poor every week/month.

4. Always do one good deed daily.

You follow the above sincerely and you will never ask what is Happiness but would ask what is Sadness.

The root cause of all unhappiness is we want to outdo others, we hate others because they are richer than us or they are more capable than us or they can outbeat us. We compare ourselves to others but we do not acknowledge that it is none of our business to do so. Hatred, dislike and such things occupy our mind and heart and so we say good bye to happiness. Forgive everyone for their mistakes also will make you happy. This will lighten your heart and the mind.

Pravin Kumar. :smt005
:smt016

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:50 am

hello Pravinji,
what u say is true. but i have this very bad problem of not being able to forgive people. i am just not able to do it. i simply cant forget it when someone hurts me. i take time to trust people. but once i start trusting them, i do it completely and when they hurt me, i do not forgive them for ever. i may maintain a cordial relationship..but thats it. shd i overcome this mental block that i have created for myself?
swetha

Pravin Kumar

Happiness

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:11 pm

Swethaji,

You are not the only one to have that quality. Lakhs of people have it. I had it too. Unless u learn how to forgive others it will be difficult for you in future. I will give you one example: I was listening to a discourse on Meditation and all those who had problems came with their problems and asked the Baba to guide them and I saw one girl in a hopelessly Depressed condition. What should have been a very beautiful girl she looked ugly only because all the unwanted thoughts were in her mind and heart. She almost cried and begged for the Baba to help her as she could not get sleep, she gets fits and what not. The list is endless.

Baba simply said one thing: Forgive all those who have wronged you if you want to come back to normalcy. Remember a child when he fights with other children becomes friends again the very next moment when someone shows the child the right path. Children never hold ill will against anyone. We should be like that otherwise our age is limited, happiness is limited and we do not enjoy life.

How to forgive others? Just imagine what is your due youwill always get and never beyond it. We should be satisfied with what we have and live happily within those means. Never look to others and compare ourselves like our neighbours have so many cars, and jewellery and big bungalow and what not. Just by thinking about this we get depression as first we feel sad and then the sadness multiplies within. Just read the Chapter I posted today on Meditation Techniques and follow some of the exercises which are very very simple to follow,. There is a book available at Howrah Station (religious book stall at old Howrah Station) named "Thought Power" . It is a very small book but read it carefully each chapter and try to practise some of the things mentioned there and I am sure you will be a changed personality. I shall be posting some chapters fo that book in this forum and you can judge for yourself how engrossing the book is.

Pravin Kumar. :smt002 :smt016

Pravin Kumar

Thought for the Day

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:20 pm

Hate hidden in a kinsman's heart will cause
many miseries, and more--it will kill a man.

When hatred arises, dissension destroys unity,
and men fall inescapably toward ever-ready death.

-Tirukkural 885-886
Excerpted from the Tir

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:31 pm

thank u Pravinji,
will surely look for the book.
swetha

Deborah

I read this today ...and added to what u said :)

Post by Deborah » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:10 pm

Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace.

-Bhagavad Gita 12:12

Pravin Kumar

Happiness

Post by Pravin Kumar » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:39 am

Dear Deborrah,

I am truly impressed by your quote from Bhagwad Gita.

God Bless U.

Pravin Kumar.

Return to “General Discussion”