What is it to be Alone.

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Samson

What is it to be Alone.

Post by Samson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:09 pm

I would like to know your views on being alone, have you been there and felt what it's like?  I for one know all about it and know what it's doing to me.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:52 pm

Yes....you know it very well.

Now my question is:  What are you gooing to do about it ?

You know about your present situation: Do you feel this is good....do you feel that something might be worse if you try to do something?

If dooing something are worse then what you have to day, then keep what you have, else try to change your situation.

Yes I know. you think..he is not alone...he can not understand the situation for the single one...he don't understand me.

Well you might be right to think like that....But one thing I know....If you sit alone whitout dooing anything....you sit alone for the rest of your life!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:44 pm

u know being alone gives u time to think and come to terms with stuff..but that doesnt mean u make it a habit. his is just a period of calm for u to plan for the future.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:24 pm

I do know what it's like... It took my hole well-being to fight my way to get what I wanted in my life... I'm very proud of the person I've become, and have a wonderful family... Been with my husband for 17 years we meet when we was 18-19 years old... I could not stand him when I first met him at work...LOL I gave him $5 a week for gas money to bring me in work and home.. We became best friends less in a year... He's still my best friend, my mom was also.. But as my husband he completes me~!! we are soul mates... I wont let anyone disrupt my marriage in any shape or form.. That's just how I am... I fight for what I believe in, and I believe we are ment to be together for ever...  :smt008  LOL
I was sad even in my time being with him.. It wasn't him, it was me, dealing with old baggage...

Don't get sick on me now...LOL

I to was a very sad and lonely woman ever since I was a child... I've learned to over come that in my 30 something years.. But hay~!!!! never to late right~!!  :smt003

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Yes Nicole never too late. It is better late than never.

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:54 am

I wasn't referring only to me about being alone, I meant everyone that's here.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:04 am

Thank god Samson.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:14 am

Yes we know that Samson :)

But it is general statement we have given.

The worst thing a lonely person can achive is to get a group, that all are alone....sitting in front of the computer.....telling each other how bad they feel....and not dooing something about it.......because they have the group......the group become the substitute......but the bad feeling will not go away....because we lack what is important in life....a companion......or some friends.....we humans are pack animals....very few feel comfortable alone.

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 am

I understand what your saying Rhuto, I'd like to very much have a companion but I have very little luck in finding one.  You all say I have to go out, well I do and still I'm alone, I've heard what you and some of the others have said to me once before about going out to meet new people, I have been doing that, I just believe I have absolutely no luck at all. I guess I have to leave it that.

rainy

Post by rainy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:28 pm

I believe that love will find you wen u least expect it & wen ur not looking 4 it but i have felt most alone wen i have been in relationships. 4 me feeling alone is the worst feeling. I have experienced it all my life n the fear of it has led me 2 stay in relationships which were bad 4 me. Infact i've just spent a year in counsellin because i should have walked away from this relationship along time ago but couldnt. I have bin controlled by my worst fear n my life has bin hell. I dont have ne family (except my own kids) I dnt have ne friends (did have b4 I met john) n I work at home running the taxi biz we started a few months ago, hes out driving.  I have 2 new dogs to keep me company all day n only get out wen I walk them n 2 top it all john didnt come home again last nite!!!! And so the cycle continues.......  

gud thing is at least I can tell u all so i'm not completely alone nemore!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:36 pm

There are more than one relationship at play in our lives.  When we do not have someone we want to love in a companion, we can have a friend to go out and about with on a regular basis.  Try getting involved in activities that you enjoy...you companion can be a good friend (either gender) and then it can and will open you to other types of relationships.  There is no need for lonliness if we look around and enjoy life.

peacetruthnlove

Alone and Lonliness

Post by peacetruthnlove » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:25 am

Well, being alone is not the same as lonliness.  The two are confused easily, that's for sure.  When you are alone, you are recognizing your independent, free will.  But when you are suffering from lonliness, you are putting it into the perspective of lacking the company of others.  Being alone then, I wouldn't think would be so bad.  In fact, I feel most at peace when I'm alone and I'm only working on dealing with my own thoughts, you know?  I hope this sheds a new light on this somehow. Don't lose your will...

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:10 am

My loneliness goes up and down from one day to the next. if I'm at home I feel that I am alone and when I go out and see others here and there like couples enjoying each others company, that's when I feel lonely and it's driving me nuts, sure I can come here and talk to all the good members on this site, but still that isn't the same as having someone with you. I'm sorry if I had bored you with this, I had no intentions of making this topic for myself, it was made to see how others would see it.

rainy

Post by rainy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:19 pm

:) U definately havnt bored me. I think that this is a subject close to all our hearts. Not so long ago wen the only people I saw were my own kids I used to walk into town 4 my money n shoppin I wud feel completely invisible to all the people around me. sumtimes i'd feel so lonely i'd just sit in the market place amongst so many people to avoid going home to the loneliness again but it only made me feel worse since nobody noticed me there longing for sumone to just say hello
rainy x

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:36 pm

That is so sad rainy, hope u never have to feel anything like that again in ur life. Hope no one ever feels that in their life. (Pray for me also ok guys, LOL).

It especially sucks in the Holidays times, I mean festivals, u have time, but no person to be with, & all this holiday spirit at that time, with no person to spend time with makes the person depressed (or crazy in my case).

Samson u certainly haven't bored me.

& that makes a lot of sense peacetruthnlove, thanx for it. can we call u PTL?? or anyother nickname instead of typing the entire name here (too lazy to type it, LOL).

Return to “General Discussion”