8%

Total votes: 13

rainy

HOW OFTEN DO U LIE?

Post by rainy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:08 pm

:smt018

rainy

Post by rainy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:11 pm

CAN SUMONE POST 'AS NECESSARY' as a third option. Dnt no wot i'm doing wrong ere LOL
rainy x

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:49 am

Rainy, I was born with a lifetime "License to Lie". LOL.

Ok I do lie, & have done so many times, I have no shame in telling that, because I have lied to protect someone, to help someone, to make someone happy, whether they know me or not, whether they like me or not, doesn't matter to me. I will lie as much as needed to keep others happy, as long as I am not intentionally or unintentionally, causing them any harm, physically, menatally, emotionally or financially.

If anyone calls me a "Bloody F*****g Liar" for that, I don't mind, I know I am not causing any harm. Surprisingly for me, most of my friends & relatives say that I am a very very bad (even pathetic) liar.

But it hurts to lie, even if u are lying to someone, it Bloody pricks ur SOUL & CONSCIENCE & it pains a lot. Especially to someone u love (i.e., parents, siblings, spouse, lover, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, grandparents, children {both ur own & others like nephews, nieces, godchildren, or any kid for that matter},).

But as u said, if u are lying to anyone for that matter, for personal gain then it is wrong.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:44 pm

As our human experience is about spirituality, lieing would not be conducive to growth in spirituality.

pranay

Post by pranay » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:50 pm

Ok Ok Ok I admit... I do lie lot.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:16 pm

satanic-pranay wrote:Ok Ok Ok I admit... I do lie lot.
Ok, was that a lie pranay?? LOL.  :smt016

Light2000

Post by Light2000 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:13 pm

voted as necessary.

First to avoid problems, since people ask too much and want an answer. I lie a lot to hide my problems, they are private and i want them to keep that way, so my fatehr ask, are you happy with your life, job, etc... is everhting ok? i answer oh yes, all ok. All is a wonderful storie of fairy tales. :D

There are 2 people that i lie often, my father and my mother, the objective, avoid too many questions and worrys with me.

Besides that i don't lie, i never lie to close friends, only one that i know his husband are being unfaithful to her and i don't tell her that, but that isn't lieing is hidding. I asked her what is the behavior that she expects of friedns that know something that can change life to worst, she said if the friend is real friend he wnats the best for her, so the friend shouldn´t tell. So i'm not telling :S

But to be honest i'm not liking this, and i'm avoidind this couple a lot.

I don't see lieing has a opposite of spiritual life, only if we lie to hurt others.

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:11 am

I lie only if I need to.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:48 am

The question is the other side of honesty....so no I try as best I can not to lie :)

rainy

Post by rainy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:34 pm

I'm not sayin that i havnt lied in my life bcoz I have.
Life sumtimes presents with situations where its necessary to prevent hurting sumone, but on the whole now i try 2 avoid that. bcoz i do have a conscience that doesnt let me sleep at night but i'v come across people who have said that they do not have a conscience n r proud of the fact. thats wen a conscience feels like a curse not a blessin
rainy x

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:46 pm

Light2000 wrote:voted as necessary.

First to avoid problems, since people ask too much and want an answer. I lie a lot to hide my problems, they are private and i want them to keep that way, so my fatehr ask, are you happy with your life, job, etc... is everhting ok? i answer oh yes, all ok. All is a wonderful storie of fairy tales. :D

There are 2 people that i lie often, my father and my mother, the objective, avoid too many questions and worrys with me.
WOW, Light2000 that was a fantastic way of putting it, I do the same too.

Rainy, no one said u don't lie, everyone has lied atleast once in their life. We understood ur point, & I think my last post in the other topic of ur's helped u understand a bit.

You said it so beautifully...
Life sumtimes presents with situations where its necessary to prevent hurting sumone, but on the whole now i try 2 avoid that. bcoz i do have a conscience that doesnt let me sleep at night but i'v come across people who have said that they do not have a conscience n r proud of the fact. thats wen a conscience feels like a curse not a blessin

you asked a question, everyone is posting their personal views on it. & I think having so many replies, helps us in getting this clarified for ur self.

peacetruthnlove

Post by peacetruthnlove » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:13 pm

I have come to realize that no matter when or where or how I tell even the smallest harmless little lie, I am really only lying to myself.  So For the last year or so, I have really been able to reflect on this and I have actually found that my so called need to lie was actually the lie.  I don't need to, things work out just fine without my thoughts tweaking it in any way.... Also, the consequences only seem to fall on myself, so what is the point?  The truth, if it really is the truth never actually hurts anyone, it just opens their awareness.  I could be wrong, though..

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Yes...this I can fully agree with.
A lie shall never be used in order to get easy on oneself...remember it always hit back....it's seldom a lie stay undiscovered....so if you shall lie...do it for situations where you with open heart can explain that the lie was to benefit the reciver.
If you lie to avoid confrontations...don't do it...they just become bigger, and you have to deal with it sooner or later.

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:45 pm

I find the best way to go, is not to lie, because one way or the other you will be found out, and then what have got.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:51 pm

Nothing samson, we lose everything we ever worked for, everything we sweated for, everything which we loved & especially everything we lied for.

Return to “General Discussion”