Question of Belief

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

nisha

Question of Belief

Post by nisha » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:40 am

What wud u do when ur belief in something is told to b done away with?
It may be something good, which doesnt harm anyone and has been followed for years, in fact is hygienic in other words. But just becoz someone doesnt believe in it or finds it dumb, u cant tell others to stop following it. atleast this is how i feel. what do u have to say?
nisha

bobhilla

Post by bobhilla » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:55 pm

What I believe in most people around me find impossible to believe in because it is not a christian belief, even if I tell them that I have the same God as they do, but that God is not Jesus and Jesus is not God, Then they would tell me that I have to include the christian religeon. So to end it all and be truefull to them I just tell them that I have no intention to try to convert them to my religeon and that I'm glad that they believe in what they believe in and that I am just as happy beliveing in my belief.

Hope that helps
Bob Hill

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:42 pm

thats what i wud say too:)
u believe what u have to and leave me alone. and dont force me to believe something i dont want to:)

virinchi

Post by virinchi » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:50 am

few words of wisdom from geetha :

a person whose belief(be it in anything) is weak will perish.

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:32 pm

so true virinchi,

"a person whose belief(be it in anything) is weak will perish."

the most successful ppl in world are not just dreamers, they are believers. They have faith, whether tht faith lies in god, in demon or in themselves is a different issue. But, to survive in todays world, u must have faith, u must have a strong faith.

I know how most of the ppl say how much they believe in god, but, as soon as things start going the wrong direction, so does their faith. I have always felt that in order to be strong and survive u need to have a strong faith. The source of the faith maybe different for different ppl and thats what makes this world (and the rest of two worlds) interesting...
sahil

FloridaLightWorker

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:40 pm

Hi Nisha,

Your belief in something is YOUR belief. . .

Is someone trying to CONTROL your belief system?

No ONE can take a belief away from you unless you ALLOW them to. . .

:smt051
Your Future is the 'reincarnation' of Your Thoughts. . .
Linda

Deborah

maybe im backwards

Post by Deborah » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:55 am

Hi!
I have been in a self argument with myself for years over this .....

I personally was brought up in a strong Catholic home ..went to private school...and yea was in a lot of trouble most of the time..(abhi wont believe me on this) I think I spent one whole school year in the priest library on my knees in prayer all day long ...he ask if i learned anything and i replied how to talk to air ... ...yea maybe a smart elic answer maybe not ..but if you ask me to this day ..if i learned anything ..i would reply the same way ... I did not understand the deepness the heart felt ..nor did i feel that anyone anything was out there listening ...so where are my beliefs ... hmmm good question ..............is what you believe the right way ...another one ..if its in your heart yaar then you follow your heart ...you believe what is right for you as long as you are not cramming your believes down my throat i have no problems. By cramming your religion down my throat i am talking ...saying and shoving a bible in my face saying jesus is the answer..........or telling me to stick my head to the ground and call god up .....or blowing yourself up to get my attention... naaa i look at ya like a big dummy then cuz those ways dont work with me ... On belief net they have a quiz ..called (i think its called anyway) What faith are you. I took it about a year ago..im 100% Hindu...hmm what do i know of the faith ..not alot ..willing to learn yes ..maybe ..dont know ..as long as there is not a man n front of the church saying pay your dues the church needs you or whatever it is ...
actually i prefer my big tree...and meditation .. am i sure its god am talking to ..no maybe its not god maybe its a nature helper that helps me through this part of life ..who knows maybe im just crazy and should be locked up...but look at it this way under that tree i find my peace ..my happy spot and i can hold that for a moment and clear my thoughts ...
if u dont know where u believe or where u belong ...look for a big tree and learn to meditate ..at lease some peace will enlighten ur life too

:) Hugs
Deborah

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:34 am

hi Debbie,
that made nice reading. i do say if u believe in something strongly, then no one can break ur belief.
As FloodLightWorker says" No ONE can take a belief away from you unless you ALLOW them to. . . " which is 100% true. i also feel that noone can hurt u unless u let them hurt u. but do we let people hurt us???
swetha

virinchi

Post by virinchi » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:45 am

but do we let people hurt us???
YES ! even after so many experinces to self and others around us, even after reading and listening to so much about this stuff, we still remain what we are.
NEVER CHANGE

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:16 pm

very true Virinchi,
I have seen how muchever u try to b strong and have ur thoughts clear, when u get hurt, u realise it too late:) and then u keep asking urself.." y me"!!
swetha

FloridaLightWorker

Hold On

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:32 pm

Your post really touched me, nisha. I had a friend for 7 years that attacked my spiritual
beliefs and me and it overwhelmed me. It was the beginning of the end of our friendship!
Maybe this will help. . .

Native American Prayer: Hold On

Hold on to what is good,
Even if it's a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe,
Even if it's a tree that stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do,
Even if it's a long way from here.
Hold on to your life,
Even if it's easier to let go.
Hold on to my hand,
Even if someday I'll be gone away from you.

A Pueblo Indian Prayer
:smt051
Linda

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:59 pm

that was a really lovely poem..and so true:)

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:40 pm

thanks for that FLW...
I guess everybody will relate to that in some way or the other

FloridaLightWorker

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:55 am

swetha and Arian. . . You both are very welcome!
I love sharing good feelings! :smt002
Linda

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:42 am

i swear..it feels real gud..feels like u have so many peole who will understand what u r going thru. each ones' perspective about life may b diff but then ultimately it boils down to the same issue. and u get to see so many diff views on the same topic. it not only broadens ur thinking ... but also gives u a lto of exposure..dont u think so?

Return to “General Discussion”