What is the best thing anyone ever said to you?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tish

What is the best thing anyone ever said to you?

Post by Tish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:24 pm

Once, as a young single mum, I was being totally overwhelmed. Trying to earn a living, look after my little one (who had ADD) ... I felt like I was being crushed under the pressure. A kind friend (though one I did not know all that well) gave me his time one evening, and listened to all my frantic, desperate crying. I have to say, though, I felt particularly guilty for unburdening myself on this one, because I knew he had had a very hard time himself, in his own life. When he left he said, "I have written down my phone number for you. Call me any time if you need to."

I thanked him, but didn't look at it until after he left. As well as his number he had written:

"Some people pride themselves on never falling. That's shit. It's the getting up again that counts."

I never did call him, but his words have inspired me always, whenever I feel like I'm falling. I just have to find the courage to get up again, and that is enough (even if I don't feel in good shape!).

:smt007  Anyone else want to share their best advice?

Nicole

~*~Tish~*~

Post by Nicole » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:59 pm

I really enjoyed that... I will post something soon...
My hands cramp up...lol I will get back to this tonight~!!

t/y for sharing this~!!  :smt003

I'm going to start calling you the Sunshine Lady~!! You always have wonderful posts... + ones~!! I love that about you Sunshine Tish~!!  :smt006

I use to call my mother that also.... Sunshine Sharon..lol  :smt020

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:39 pm

"Everything is gonna be alright"
when I was in the court with my family's lawyers because of some hard problem that happened with me im not telling

"Dance in the Rain"
This was when I broked my hand, belive me, I danced =p, and it was fun.

Lol Most of mine are to stupid to be here --.--''

"Crazy is the system not you Mazs" that was my psichologist hehehe fun isn't it?

Cya

Tish

Post by Tish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:06 pm

:smt007  Oh, absolutely: "Everything is gonna be all right", that is the one thing everyone needs to hear!

I like Dire Straits, too, when I'm down:

"There's always laughter after pain
There's always sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same
So why worry now ..."

Nicole!  My first name is Sharon!  Tish is a nickname from my middle name, Patricia.  Did you know that?  And thank you for that lovely compliment!   :smt058

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:27 pm

this is really touching:)
let me think about it too
swetha

Tish

What's in a name?

Post by Tish » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:33 am

:smt006 Hi, Nicole!

Did I understand you right - you said your mum's name is Sharon?

My Dad told me he chose my name from the Bible: the Rose of Sharon. (He used to be a lay preacher before I was born, and he knows the Bible very well.) Anyway, I was looking through my dictionary one day for something else, and I saw there was an entry for the Rose of Sharon. It said it is another name for the plant St John's Wort.

St John's Wort is a herbal remedy for depression!

Isn't that funny? Tell your mum that she is most true to her name!
:smt003

Nicole

OMG~!!!!!!!!!

Post by Nicole » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:17 am

Tish wrote::smt007  Oh, absolutely: "Everything is gonna be all right", that is the one thing everyone needs to hear!

I like Dire Straits, too, when I'm down:

"There's always laughter after pain
There's always sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same
So why worry now ..."

Nicole!  My first name is Sharon!  Tish is a nickname from my middle name, Patricia.  Did you know that?  And thank you for that lovely compliment!   :smt058
Ok now.... Please, this is just so odd....LOL
My mother past away 21 Of Oct, Her name was Sharon... I have never met sooooooooooooooooooooooo many Sharon's in my life time as I have on this board....LOL And all of them I have a bond to.. I did you right off also.. and tonight you tell me your name is Sharon as-well..... WoW~!! Giggles to my self...lol
Nice to meet you Sharon~!!  :smt006
Incredible just incredible~!!  :)

I fond this website after I returned home from my mothers serves, Her name was Sharon, I didn't know this at all untill I got this image afterwards.. Here is an Gift for all the Sharon's I met on here~!!
I'm soooooooo Bless.. t/y for being you~!!

Love you to mom~!!
Love me~!!

Nicole

~*~Tish~*~

Post by Nicole » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:22 am

My mother loves red roses...

Her Hubby who past 5 years befor her....
Called her his "Wild Irish Rose~!!"

No you never told me this untill tonight.... I'm at Ahhh~!!  :smt020

Tish

Post by Tish » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:37 am

:smt007  That is so amazing! She was a Rose of Sharon too!

Red roses are my favourite also, but being the symbol of loving relationships I always thought this was a bit of a lack of imagination on my part! What I find sad, though, is that you never seem to come across roses with any scent any more. It was their scent that was so heavenly! If I buy incense sticks or scented oil, I choose Rose.

But if I buy flowers these days, I usually buy Freesias, as they still have their lovely scent, and they were my grandmother's favourite.

Is the "Rose of Sharon" connection an example of the Law of Synchronicity in your life, do you think? As far I remember, the reasoning behind it went something like: "There are things that happen that would seem to be unconnected, and yet they contain a series of coincidences so bizarre that to assume no connection exists is even more mind-boggling. Therefore maybe there is a connection between the unconnected which is working to draw such things together ..."  Something very strange like that! An attempt to explain the unexplainable!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:55 am

Tish u have the exact paragraph about that Law of Synchronicity?? Because someone else also told me that word & I have been trying like hell to find the exact meaning of it. If u find it, why dont u make a new post in the "General Discussion" sub-forum.

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:44 am

I'm not really sure what to say here, I'll need to ponder over it just a bit longer.

Nicole

Re: What's in a name?

Post by Nicole » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:26 am

Tish wrote::smt006 Hi, Nicole!

Did I understand you right - you said your mum's name is Sharon?
Isn't that funny? Tell your mum that she is most true to her name!
I don't have to tell her, You already have for me~!!  :smt002
I'm still at Ahh...  :smt020
I'll be back later, I got to get my son off to school soon...

t/y again Sharon..  :smt006

Hugs,
`Nicolè´

starstarnite

Listen

Post by starstarnite » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:44 pm

When I was 18 someone told me to Listen all the time. It was awesome advice because as I went I started to hear more and more inner guidance that has helped me quite a bit. If I was caught up in that mental mind clutter where I am arguing or narating in my head all the time...I would be lost. Often its best just to listen....get your bearings and move onward.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:04 pm

When my wife said YES more than 42 years ago.....it still please me very much :)

pranay

Post by pranay » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:04 pm

The most beautifil thing someone has said to me was good job!

Return to “General Discussion”